BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-16-2013, 09:09 PM   #23
crispy tofu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

nice
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #24
Kwando
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Drop looks great! Would love to have these but not sure if these are suitable for the track.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 12:12 AM   #25
dj_dub
IG: @dj_dub
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 M3 - SG/FR 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM55 View Post
nice
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwando View Post
Drop looks great! Would love to have these but not sure if these are suitable for the track.
I've heard good and bad things. I'm actually planning to track soon, so I'll post up my experiences afterwards...
CarboProject CF Plenum | Dinan CF Intake | ESS Tune | RKP X-Pipe | Akra w/CF Tips | MFactory CF DS | CSF Cooling | AST 5200 | Hotchkis F/R Sways | SPL/Ground Control/Fall-Line Arms | DEFIV Diff Brace | StudioRSR Rollcage | 3-piece BBS RT88 | Michelin PS4S | Brembos F/R | Recaro Profi SPG XL | CAE Ultra Shifter | Perf Elec Wheel V2 | BAVSOUND | GT4 CF Front Lip/Canards/Rear Wing | Arkym CF Rear Diffuser | Forcewerkz CF SS | Varis CF Lower Tray | Turner Skidplate | BayOptiks Headlights
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 12:14 AM   #26
Tim B.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 Jet Black E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_dub View Post
Thank you!

I've heard good and bad things. I'm actually planning to track soon, so I'll post up my experiences afterwards...

What "bad" things have you heard?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 03:12 AM   #27
dj_dub
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim B. View Post
What "bad" things have you heard?
That over time with heavy use at the track, your stock shocks/struts will go out eventually or become "sloshy."
CarboProject CF Plenum | Dinan CF Intake | ESS Tune | RKP X-Pipe | Akra w/CF Tips | MFactory CF DS | CSF Cooling | AST 5200 | Hotchkis F/R Sways | SPL/Ground Control/Fall-Line Arms | DEFIV Diff Brace | StudioRSR Rollcage | 3-piece BBS RT88 | Michelin PS4S | Brembos F/R | Recaro Profi SPG XL | CAE Ultra Shifter | Perf Elec Wheel V2 | BAVSOUND | GT4 CF Front Lip/Canards/Rear Wing | Arkym CF Rear Diffuser | Forcewerkz CF SS | Varis CF Lower Tray | Turner Skidplate | BayOptiks Headlights
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #28
E90M3velocity
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: Manual-Slicktop E90 M3

Looks good, are those pics taken at harbor bay in bay farm btw?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #29
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
It actually looks great on your car. Most of the ones I have seen have a one finger gap up front but with the spacers you made it work.

For the price most folks may want to go this route VS full suspension..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 12:23 PM   #30
GRUESOM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 3 NA cars and 1 Turbo car

looks great, slightly off topic but would this be stiffer then lets say H&R sport springs?

car sits really nice
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #31
Sirius Black
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Nice drop. I had narrowed my choice down to the kw sleeve over kit, or the RD Sport Springs. Opted for the RD because I didn't forsee a need for the adjustability. I was wrong, though I really like the drop and how the car feels with the RD Springs, I could really use a little more clearance to not rub. Going to the 19×11's it rubs just a bit, not enough to create much of problem, but I would really appreciate that adjustability right now,
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #32
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

What about differnce in handling??
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 11:59 PM   #33
dj_dub
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3velocity View Post
Looks good, are those pics taken at harbor bay in bay farm btw?
Thanks man! They were actually taken in Milpitas off of McCarthy Ranch and in Fremont by Dumbarton Bridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
It actually looks great on your car. Most of the ones I have seen have a one finger gap up front but with the spacers you made it work.

For the price most folks may want to go this route VS full suspension..
I agree, the spacers made a huge difference in the final outcome...and this is the best option IMO vs going full coilovers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUESOM3 View Post
looks great, slightly off topic but would this be stiffer then lets say H&R sport springs?

car sits really nice
I can't say as I haven't ridden in an E9X M3 with that application. Maybe someone with experience in both can chime in here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius Black View Post
Nice drop. I had narrowed my choice down to the kw sleeve over kit, or the RD Sport Springs. Opted for the RD because I didn't forsee a need for the adjustability. I was wrong, though I really like the drop and how the car feels with the RD Springs, I could really use a little more clearance to not rub. Going to the 19×11's it rubs just a bit, not enough to create much of problem, but I would really appreciate that adjustability right now,
Thanks dude! I'm currently running 19x11 et25 with a 5mm spacers in the rears with zero rubbing at all. May have to do in big part to the tires I chose...Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 275/35, it's a very mild stretch. Still very meaty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
What about differnce in handling??
I honestly can't give you a good answer to that. I installed this suspension 1 month after I purchased the car. Within that one month I haven't driven the car spiritedly enough on the stock suspension to make a comparison. With this current setup however, I have driven hard on it a few times...no complaints with the handling thus far.
Appreciate 0