BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

12-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #1
xchosun1x
Track Duty
United_States
Rep
Drives: Track build 08 E92 M3 DCT

The R's Tuning....check it out!!!!

The R's Tuning is a new shop located in Irvine, ca. As some of you know wwjd15 on our forums, as well as every other forum and track community out there.

The R's Tuning is a all in one shop that can do anything and everything from suspension alignment, corner balance, brakes, aero, wheels, custom fab apps etc.

I contacted Ricky @ R's Tuning to get some Endless pads ( hard to obtain in the CA), harness and alignment and balance tuning. R's tuning was prompt, efficient and Leo (head mechanic) and Ricky have a great slogan: "do it once, do it right" I cannot tell you how many times a saying like that gets passed around with no real actual results of just doing it once and doing it right. But at R's....they really do.

especially for me, who loves to track frequently and needs 1 shop to do anything from custom aero to simple bolt on affairs.

check it out!!!!!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 11:28 PM   #2
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Relatively Quick.

Hoping to maybe get some pads from Ricky myself.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 02:53 AM   #3
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Yep, had my Brembos installed at The R's Tuning.

Man, those blue Endless pads look great!
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
xchosun1x
Track Duty
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC3 View Post
Yep, had my Brembos installed at The R's Tuning.

Man, those blue Endless pads look great!
they perform like OMG!!!!

thanks ricky for the pads...they are superb!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 04:50 PM   #5
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchosun1x View Post
they perform like OMG!!!!

thanks ricky for the pads...they are superb!
Sweet! Can't wait to try them after the Brembo OE pads wear out. Already have a set of Endless on order.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #6
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Another local option is always nice.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 02:14 PM   #7
xchosun1x
Track Duty
United_States
Rep

What I love the most about r's tuning is the knowledge of not only parts but technicalities of set ups, setting and track prep.

In my opinion, just about anyone can sell parts. But to sell hem with real personal experience and feedback is priceless.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 04:57 PM   #8
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

I should be stopping by there tomorrow. can't wait to check it out
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 06:10 PM   #9
bubu
Bunny Slayer
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 - DCT (2013)

...bad vibe

Just called them to get some work quoted. The person answering the phone came of clueless & amateurish in how to deal with a customer...or quote labor. I want to re-install my OEM springs (ride height is starting to annoy me). The guy I spoke with had no idea if an alignment would be needed or what I was even asking about...also could not give me a price...yeah, its a steep learning curve when you want to work on high end sports cars.

...who knows maybe its a great shop, but if you can't close/book an appointment for a simple spring job from a customer wanting to schedule there is a problem.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 06:15 PM   #10
xchosun1x
Track Duty
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
Just called them to get some work quoted. The person answering the phone came of clueless & amateurish in how to deal with a customer...or quote labor. I want to re-install my OEM springs (ride height is starting to annoy me). The guy I spoke with had no idea if an alignment would be needed or what I was even asking about...also could not give me a price...yeah, its a steep learning curve when you want to work on high end sports cars.

...who knows maybe its a great shop, but if you can't close/book an appointment for a simple spring job from a customer wanting to schedule there is a problem.

i understand what you are saying...but perhaps this isnt the type of shop that'll do a spring swap for the price your looking to spend when many shop can bang them out for a quick buck. . The reason why I like this shop is bc they take their time, get it done right...but as all good things cost something, so will this...just my two cents
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #11
bubu
Bunny Slayer
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 - DCT (2013)

I take it back

...i'd rather get it done @ the "right" kind of shop vs "bang it out".

Anyway, I take my comments back...I got text'd a few minutes ago with clarification. Apparently the person I was speaking with was in a loud dyno room and had a hard time hearing me. My bad on jumping the gun but I really said "WTF" was that to myself after hanging up the phone.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 06:24 PM   #12
xchosun1x
Track Duty
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
...i'd rather get it done @ the "right" kind of shop vs "bang it out".

Anyway, I take my comments back...I got text'd a few minutes ago with clarification. Apparently the person I was speaking with was in a loud dyno room and had a hard time hearing me. My bad on jumping the gun but I really said "WTF" was that to myself after hanging up the phone.
they are doing major construction at the shop since its not OFFICALLY open and its already so busy.

give them a shot especially if you think about tracking!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 07:56 PM   #13
wwjd15
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 M3 MR

Thank you very much for the review and your guys' support!

Bubu, sorry about the conversation over the phone. I was in the dyno room and doing tuning on a GTR. It was super loud out there so I didn't hear you correctly. You are welcome to stop by tomorrow afternoon if you have time, and I will be happy to give you a shop tour about what we can do.
* I'm not a vendor here so I will stop talking about my shop at this point. Thanks for understanding. Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 08:14 PM   #14
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep

^Yeah, this thread is strictly about us customers' reviews of & experiences with the shop.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 09:43 PM   #15
sqweak
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M-Sport

you're pimping your (non sponsor ) buddies shop as being a great resource for track tuning by posting pics of non-functional poser spoilers?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 09:58 PM   #16
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep

^Actually, those cars don't have spoilers. They're just photoshop'd in.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 12:15 AM   #17
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqweak View Post
you're pimping your (non sponsor ) buddies shop as being a great resource for track tuning by posting pics of non-functional poser spoilers?
Just curious as to what non-functional spoilers you're referring to, I only see a functional rear wing that xchosun1x gets good use out of at least once a month. Also, xchosun1x isn't sponsored by anyone, although I'm sure you'd just assume that I'm sponsored as well by the same fictional sponsor and just in on the whole evil plot.

No need to be so critical of his review of a terrific experience that he had someplace, he's hardly the first to engage in such behavior. I don't see you running after everyone who makes a positive review about EAS and IND and SonicMS and AcutePerformance and PySpeed, etc. (I'm not singling out any board sponsors, just saying some that popped up in my head). Clearly, every single person on this forum who has written a positive review about a vendor or board sponsor or tuning shop is sponsored by them and is just out to get you.

Oh, and don't let the door hit you on your way out. Those terrible, terrible doors, really dangerous stuff that just attacks for no reason. I sense an ironic analogy here.

Edit: Ahh, that was fun. I was having a bad day and needed to rant. Thanks for being such a good sport and volunteering sqweak.

Last edited by LateBraking; 12-13-2011 at 12:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 02:43 AM   #18
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS, 964, Raptor

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [7.90]
i need to stop by also
      12-13-2011, 09:41 AM   #19
sqweak
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBraking View Post
Just curious as to what non-functional spoilers you're referring to, I only see a functional rear wing that xchosun1x gets good use out of at least once a month.
How does he use it, as a hammock? And while you're defending it's functionality, please let me know the functional aspect of color matching it.

He may drive on a track with it monthly, but he isn't getting any actual use of it. There is 0 need for it on the street and 99% of the worlds drivers wouldn't be able to benefit from it on the track. (hint: he isn't the 1%)

Get over it, it's purely cosmetic and defending it as anything else is a joke.

Quote:
Also, xchosun1x isn't sponsored by anyone, although I'm sure you'd just assume that I'm sponsored as well by the same fictional sponsor and just in on the whole evil plot.
I was referring to the shop not being a board sponsor.

Quote:
No need to be so critical of his review of a terrific experience that he had someplace, he's hardly the first to engage in such behavior. I don't see you running after everyone who makes a positive review about EAS and IND and SonicMS and AcutePerformance and PySpeed, etc. (I'm not singling out any board sponsors, just saying some that popped up in my head).
There was no review, just a "rah rah, my buddies shop is great!" Shop and vendor reviews are valuable, this kind of thinly veiled blatant promotion isn't. This kind promotion is tolerated when the shop is a board sponsor, hence my mention of them not being one.

Quote:
Clearly, every single person on this forum who has written a positive review about a vendor or board sponsor or tuning shop is sponsored by them and is just out to get you.
see above, has nothing to do with shop sponsoring him, it's about shop not sponsoring the board.

Quote:
Edit: Ahh, that was fun. I was having a bad day and needed to rant. Thanks for being such a good sport and volunteering sqweak.
You're welcome! Thanks for keeping your punches (mostly) above the belt!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 02:05 PM   #20
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
How does he use it, as a hammock? And while you're defending it's functionality, please let me know the functional aspect of color matching it.

He may drive on a track with it monthly, but he isn't getting any actual use of it. There is 0 need for it on the street and 99% of the worlds drivers wouldn't be able to benefit from it on the track. (hint: he isn't the 1%)

Get over it, it's purely cosmetic and defending it as anything else is a joke.
If we're using epic race car drivers as a scale point (that 1%), then technically no one should perform performance mods on their car. I see plenty of supercharged cars, KW V3's/Clubsports, BBK's that are on daily driven cars that never see track use, drag use etc. And again, I don't see you being a mean ol' Mr. Grinch whenever those guys hold those home photoshoots. So, from position A, what's the difference?

I also have a position B, which is about the benefit of a performance mod. Sure, only a professional could fully utilize the benefits of a rear trunk spoiler, but then, on that same token, only a professional could fully utilize a BBK, or a supercharger, or even just brake pad and fluid changes on the stock system, OR even the car in it's fully stock form. I don't personally get why everyone is always "zomg reach fur zhe limitz" , we'll never get there unless it's something you dedicate your life to. It's a HOBBY, and even though you won't reach the limit of your vehicle stock OR modded, adding performance mods can raise that limit and make your car more enjoyable and easier to drive at a faster level, under the car's limit, but at yours. Think of it as a scaling effect.

Also, regarding the paint, what gives? I don't get these forum clowns sometimes. If a car's dirty it's sacrilegious (poor OC3 ), if a car's clean it's sacrilegious, if a car's painted it's sacrilegious, if a car shows naked carbon it's sacrilegious (and politically incorrect, NAKED in PUBLIC!), it's some twisted breeding ground for hatred.

By the way, his wing is wrapped, not painted. Not anything really important, but there you go, just for the record.

Quote:
I was referring to the shop not being a board sponsor.

There was no review, just a "rah rah, my buddies shop is great!" Shop and vendor reviews are valuable, this kind of thinly veiled blatant promotion isn't. This kind promotion is tolerated when the shop is a board sponsor, hence my mention of them not being one.

see above, has nothing to do with shop sponsoring him, it's about shop not sponsoring the board.
I can agree with you here where "thinly veiled blatant promotion" isn't valuable, it's unfortunate that 99% of the reviews about vendors on this forum, board sponsors OR not, is that kind of material. I don't think that fanboy ranting is acceptable just because it's paid for from a usefulness standpoint, but money talks, eh? It's unfortunate that reviews can only be made in a bland, tired, lethargic way just because the shop in question is not a board sponsor, never mind the potential usefulness of the information. I think xchosun1x structured his review in a way that he was actually feeling: I met with him later and boy, was he jumping up and down in excitement. I guess that enthusiasm translated poorly on the boards as "advertising for a non-sponsor" though. Sponsors are zhe powur!

Quote:
You're welcome! Thanks for keeping your punches (mostly) above the belt!
Y'know sqweak, I really like you. Sure, we have differing viewpoints, but your response wasn't atypical of the mindless drivel I've come to expect of this forum. I get the feeling that you're the kind of person I'd be terrific friends with in person.

Last edited by LateBraking; 12-13-2011 at 04:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #21
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I'm curious: have you driven a M3 around a track with aero and without areo to be able to compare and strongly confirm whether or not there really is indeed a difference? I mainly ask cause I have never driven a M3 with aero, so I'm completely ignorant in this area.
If one's lap times begin to improve after a mod is done (whatever that mod is), isn't is (relatively) safe to assume that there's a possibility that that mod helped improve the laptimes? since all else (driver as well) was more-or-less the same?

And 99% vs 1%...what is this, "Occupy M3Post"?

And why paint match it? Cause it looks sexy.

Last edited by persian54; 12-13-2011 at 02:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #22
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBraking View Post
Also, regarding the paint, what gives? I don't get these forum clowns sometimes. A car's dirty it's sacrilegious (poor OC3 ), a car's clean it's sacrilegious, a car's painted it's sacrilegious, a car's naked carbon it's sacrilegious, it's some twisted breeding ground for hatred.
I wonder what people would say if they saw my car now... it's covered in dirt inside and out... and I really mean covered in dirt. you can't even tell it's a mineral white car. looks more like a white-gray-ish car.

and the fox red looks more brown red...
Appreciate 0