BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

EXXEL Distributions

09-15-2009, 10:52 AM   #1
brendanwp
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 (ordered)

Dealership (POOR) Service Issue (Park Ave BMW in NJ)

I hate doing this but I am at the end of my rope with these guys and want to see if any of you have an suggestions for me or just warn you guys about this place.

Background
I brought my 2008 M3 in on 7/2 because i had a nail in the tire. The SA (Bernard) got me right around 10am and even though they didn't have the tire in stock they were able to get it ordered the same day and by 6pm I had a new tire. When I purchased my car (not at Park Ave, bought it out of state in PA) I paid for the tire and wheel insurance. I told the SA that I had the tire and wheel insurance. This is where things went off track.

The SA assured me that he would take care the of the claim. For a month I left messages and sent e-mails but was completely ignored. I called the insurance company myself and there is an open claim for the tire, but they are waiting for the SA to finish it. After a few calls/e-mails to the Service Department's manager, he got back to me and said he would take care of it. Nothing happened. More calls and e-mails, even tried copying the Dealership's president, but got no where. Finally got a call from a lady claiming that she would take care of it. I confirmed with my insurance company that she had indeed called them on 9/1, but she never did anything else. The notes in the claim said that they gave her all the info needed to make the claim. I called the dealership looking for her and the receptionist said she was on maternity leave. Left another message with the head of the service department yesterday.

So basically I am out the $400 for the rear tire. The whole reason I bought the insurance in the 1st place was because I know how expensive the tires/rims are for these cars.

Anyone have any suggestions? I resisted the temptation to post anything on the board because i wanted to give them a chance to make the situation right, but 60 days is more then enough time for that to happen. I appreciate any advice from the community and advise against taking your car there for anything.

brendan
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 11:02 AM   #2
shchow
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 CTS-V sedan, black raven

I also have the Tire/wheel insurance. You need to read the contract you purchased. I keep the copy in my glove compartment.
From what I understand, this is an aftermarket purchase that is specific to the dealership at which you purchased the insurance.
For example, if I had a flat and got towed to Firestone and got my tire replaced there, I would pay for the tire. Then I would have to contact my dealer/insurance and get reimbursed.
This has nothing to do with BMW, but more specifically the company that underwrote the insurance and the original dealership that you bought the insurance from.
Unfortunately, the dealership that you are dealing with has no obligation to the Tire/wheel insurance that you purchased.
Someone correct this if I'm mistaken...
      09-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

Brendan,

You had to pay upfront the $400???? I purchased the tire/wheel insurance protection as well. Within the first two weeks of ownership, I unfortunately got a nail in my tread, thus warranting a tire replacement. My insurance did not even go through yet since it was two weeks since I bought the car/ however my SA took care of the claim and I didn't have to front a dime. $458 was the total btw...yikes!!! Long story short, that is why I had asked you about paying the 400....nails are definitely covered in the tire/rim insurance...you should not be paying for that!!
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 11:06 AM   #4
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shchow View Post
Unfortunately, the dealership that you are dealing with has no obligation to the Tire/wheel insurance that you purchased.
Someone correct this if I'm mistaken...
wow...i didn't know that. I went through my dealership to replace my tire, I guess thats why I did not encounter any issues.
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 11:52 AM   #5
shchow
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC///M3 View Post
wow...i didn't know that. I went through my dealership to replace my tire, I guess thats why I did not encounter any issues.
Yeah,
I just got a tire replaced as well. It was on a Saturday. My SA said the underwriter for the insurance was not open, so they were going to call them Monday.
But, he could have as easily told me to pay for the tire, and once they get reimbursed, I would get my money back. Since this is the dealership I bought the car from, they obviously eat it until they get paid by the underwriter.
      09-15-2009, 12:04 PM   #6
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by shchow View Post
From what I understand, this is an aftermarket purchase that is specific to the dealership at which you purchased the insurance.
Could well be true (I really have no idea - never had tire insurance). Still, someone should at least keep the customer (the OP) informed. If the SA didn't know at the time of the transaction, that is somewhat understandable. But he should have called back once he was told this info. Or someone at his dealership should have. And if not that, then certainly the lady he spoke with at the actual insurance company could have informed him of this. I.e if the reason for the hold-up is that the tire is not covered in this situation, then someone should come out and say that. Personally I am somewhat skeptical that they would not have done so by now if it were the case, for no other reason than to get the OP to stop calling.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 12:11 PM   #7
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna

Garage List
2017 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
both of my fronts were replaced with nothing out of pockets with insurance.
      09-15-2009, 12:47 PM   #8
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3post sucks

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray23 View Post
stay away, stay very far away from park ave.BMW. they are by far the worst dealer i have ever dealt with. they are liars and crooks. they lead you to believe one thing and its totally another.
I had a headlight leveling problem in my 530i for 6 months. I brought it in 4 times and all they did each time was readjust the headlight. After the 5th time I got so fed up I yelled at the manager and he promised to have it fixed. Turns out the assembly was BROKEN. It doesn't end there however, they replaced the headlight assembly with the euro unit so the turn signal is amber instead of clear.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 02:53 PM   #9
brendanwp
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 (ordered)

Thanks for the responses.

shchow - its definitely not deal specific or I would not have bought it as I bought my car in pitts (the only dealer i could find who would sell under msrp). Even if that was the case, park ave could have just informed me, instead of just blowing me off.

mjc - same deal, tire was like $400 and change - the dealer said pay for it now and that HE would put the claim in. That never happened so here we are.

Now I guess my next step is to go there and see the manager in person. What a joke they are.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 03:16 PM   #10
shchow
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanwp View Post

shchow - its definitely not deal specific or I would not have bought it as I bought my car in pitts (the only dealer i could find who would sell under msrp). Even if that was the case, park ave could have just informed me, instead of just blowing me off.
Good luck...
From the other responses, it sounds like Park Ave BMW does not offer the best in customer satisfaction.
Take a look at your contract for the tire insurance and see if there is any direct contact information to at least get reimbursed...
      09-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #11
warzilla
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, f31 330, f31 328d

Quote:

mjc - same deal, tire was like $400 and change - the dealer said pay for it now and that HE would put the claim in. That never happened so here we are.

Now I guess my next step is to go there and see the manager in person. What a joke they are.
Op - sorry to hear about the issue with the tire insurance. It definitely sux. Definitely go in person at this juncture. People on phones are easy to blow off, but when you show up in person (with the corresponding paperwork, info), something should be resolved.

Just remember, even if they are in the wrong here, be courteous and kind in your approach. Coming in right away screaming and demanding will not put them on your 'side'. I personally like the 'sympathy' approach (listen, I've been waiting over 60 days for re-imbursement, isn't there something you can get do for me right now?)

And then if that fails....RELEASE THE GATES OF HELL.

2006 M3 ZHP in IB (Crashed) | 2005 M3 ZHP in IB (Sold)
2004 M3 in IR - Current
2018 330ix Wagon - Current
2017 328d Wagon - Current
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 03:25 PM   #12
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Yep, dont let this one slip through the cracks bro. Keep on it and keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 04:50 PM   #13
tailgate1234
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan Silverstone II

The dealer did not initially have an obligation to work with your insurance company but did assume that obligation once they agreed to service your car and submit the paperwork. Unfortunately that and $3.00 will buy you a cup of coffee.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 05:41 PM   #14
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
Yea the insurance is throug a independent company like mine.

But i had a great experiance at Park Ave..i bought the car from Difeo and it came with wheel locks, well i lost the key and Difeo insisted i have to pay a hours worth of service time to have the locks taken off, when I could have done it myself in the lot with borrowing the master key. So i went to Park Ave and Bernard got the master key for me and i did it there in 10 min for free...very nice and proffesional.
      09-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #15
von_zoom
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z06

Wow - live and learn. I guess I am just lucky, in that I have never had those kind of difficulites.
vz

Previous Track Toy
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 05:56 PM   #16
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Wihout reading all of the posts im gonna give u my humble opinion on this insurance.

Its a crock of shit.... They, will do anything not to cover you. But yeah, you basically can only get this done at the dealership where u bought the car which is complete and utter bullshit. Same thing hsppened to me, can u tell i dont like them? lol

PS, im talking about a diff dealership too.
Appreciate 0