BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-22-2013, 06:51 AM   #1
GrumpyBimmerFan
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2CS 6spd

is the price right? 08 E90 ESS SC...

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
here is the info:

It's a 2008 BMW M3 E90 (4 door). Color is Jerez Black. It has all the options minus rear shades.... tech package, convenience package, EDC, cold weather, extended leather, Ipod adapter, sunroof, carbon fiber interior, etc. It is a 6 speed manual. Comes with both Euro and US maps for Navi.

modifications:
ESS 575 Supercharger kit
Fabspeed High Flow Cats
Fabspeed Xpipe
Stop tech brake pads
New clutch (old clutch had a malfunction) (3k miles)
Black nostrils
Blackline tail lights
Comp package wheels with front 255/35/19 and rear 285/30/19 Conti 5P, only a few thousand miles on them (rated at above 190mph).
Set of A7 winter wheels/tires (almost new pirelli, rated at 160 mph).

Coding:
Car is coded for Euro MDM (more slip angle in MDM mode 3% US vs 7% euro)
FOB windows up and mirrors closing
instant MPG
... and a few other things

Car has around 600bhp, fuel consumption IMPROVED by 2-3mpg.
Car has 60k miles, and has been SC'ed for past 5k. I got it used at 36k miles. First owner was a surgeon that driven it grand-pa style on the highway (car even had stock brake pads that were only 50% worn).

Car is a complete sleeper. There is a small whine from the supercharger, but that's it. Muffler (rear portion of the exhaust) is stock, so car sounds stock under normal driving and cruising(once you get on it, it will sound like a monster). All fluids and maintanance was meticulously performed (oil changes at half intervals).

what is it worth? I was thinking of trying to get $52-55k... I'm overseas, but plan is to sell to my fellow service members, so american market.

Last edited by GrumpyBimmerFan; 02-22-2013 at 07:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 07:15 AM   #2
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=781665&page=2.
Stocker is selling his for 38999 with few cosmetic parts included.
U can get a used sc from here for 7000 installed. Used xpipe another 1200,
Wheels for 3000. And you have a great car for Round 50 k.
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
Schwaben
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

The problem is going to be that you are overseas where the market is small and people will still most likely need to get financing. The car (on KBB which sucks BTW) only books between 29k and 33k. Being used, most folks only have two options to finance; service or BoA. Both of those are only going to give at MAX 110% of vehicle value which they will base off NADA(good for you). That number is $39,930 so already you would be asking a buyer to finance an extra 6k on top of the KBB "excellent" price. Which, face it, a 5 year old car that has been modded is not. Even after that the buyer will have to fork over 10k+ to meet your asking price.

You may very well get lucky and catch a troop fresh from A-stan with money burning his pockets but in that case they are probably headed straight to pentagon for a new one. Best bet would be to get the car stripped down, part out the goods, and set an asking price around 30-31. As is I would guess you are going to get offers around 43-46. Who knows, PCS season is coming up, maybe you will get lucky. GLWS!!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
GrumpyBimmerFan
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2CS 6spd

I've yet to see m3 sell for 30-31. I've seen them sell last year at around 42-45k on yardsales. Considering I have close to $16k in mods... I doubt someone in the military community will be willing to fork out $60k for new M3, vs $50k(say i keep winter wheels/tires) for mine that has very significant amount of mods, that are actually worth $...
Once again, i might be completely off. As member Chriskm3 stated, to replicate my car with current market offerings, it will come out to $50k. I'm asking a tad more since it's full package, and the car is mint.
my finance rate is 1.6% with SVC CU....
Yea, I really don't want to take it all off and part it, it just seems like such a perfect package all together! Then selling used products, etc... nah.

If it doesn't sell, i'll keep it, it's an amazing machine!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #5
Schwaben
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

No argument at all from this end. In fact I hope that you can sell it for your asking price as it will keep values up for the rest of us. Just relaying what the book values are currently and what I believe you will experience from prospective buyers.

As for service members buying new versus yours I have to disagree there. All an E6 or above from ANY service has to do is walk into Pentagon with a LES and they can get a 2013 M3 for slightly over 60k with that rate from service cu. They are straight pumping out loans over there. Service is so tied up with Pentagon now they are advertising for them on their homepage. So Ja, maxed out 110% used car loan at 2%+ with another 10k in cash out of pocket vs new M3 at 1.6% I think you will lose that battle.

Again I hope you can get her sold for what you want out of it. You asked for opinions so think of this one as the devils advocate or the low baller that makes you want to reach through the phone and poke him in the eye.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 10:05 AM   #6
Lost
Private
Rep
Drives: e46LSB

Most of the guys on the used market will look mostly for a clean no mod car. You know that a guy who mod his car will not drive it like your previous car owner. I know I wouldn't. Supercharges make a lot of people nervous since no one really knows the long term reliability on the car.
You might get more money from parting out your car and sell it as close to stock.
GLWS. Good looking car for sure.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #7
M3ANMACHINE
Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 + 2014 F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotik
I've yet to see m3 sell for 30-31. I've seen them sell last year at around 42-45k on yardsales. Considering I have close to $16k in mods... I doubt someone in the military community will be willing to fork out $60k for new M3, vs $50k(say i keep winter wheels/tires) for mine that has very significant amount of mods, that are actually worth $...
Once again, i might be completely off. As member Chriskm3 stated, to replicate my car with current market offerings, it will come out to $50k. I'm asking a tad more since it's full package, and the car is mint.
my finance rate is 1.6% with SVC CU....
Yea, I really don't want to take it all off and part it, it just seems like such a perfect package all together! Then selling used products, etc... nah.

If it doesn't sell, i'll keep it, it's an amazing machine!
Friend of mine just picked up a 2008 Jet Black on Black, 6MT with exhaust, blacked out grilles, Nav, and Cold Weather, with 38k miles, for $34k.
2011 SG E90 M3 | 2008 AW E90 M3 | 2004 E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #8
deltamonkey32
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Matte White e90 ///M3

What did you use to paint your stock brake calipers blue? I'm looking to do the same to mine and I really like that shade of blue
      02-22-2013, 10:36 AM   #9
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

I also agree. If you are in a hurry for a sale then parting it and would be
Your best bet. On the other hand you are in need of a Specific buyer who has cash on hand and wants a fast and a furious setup. Finding such may take a while.
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #10
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

U may try listing it at lowest(33) bone stock and hoping one will opt out for its current upgrades. Glws
Appreciate 0