BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-14-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
dce93atl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 Buick Enclave "Leather"

Garage List
M-Atlanta Track Day: Talladega Grand Prix Raceway (Wednesday, December 28th) 8am-5PM

M-Atlanta Track Day: Talladega Grand Prix Raceway (Wednesday, December 28th)

FOR THOSE GUYS THAT LOVE TO GO FAST!!!!!!

* When: Wednesday, December 28, 2011
* Where: Talladega Grand Prix Raceway (http://www.tgprace.com/)
* Track Session from: 8am-5pm
* Registration Opens: Wednesday, December 14, 2011
* Deposits are $50 and can be made in cash at Sun Tinting or PayPal to my email address (call or pm for details)
* Deposits are due by 12/21 to ensure you have a spot reserved (Registration Closes 12/26)
* Balance of fees will be collected at the track
* Planning to meet around 6:30 am on 12/28 at the QT at 291 SIX FLAGS DR., AUSTELL, GA 30168 to caravan over to the track
* Depending on total participants, groups of 3 – 5 cars will do 20 – 25 min per session
* Helmets are required (motorcycle min.) We are trying to work out a group buy for SA2010 helmets from a local sponsor
* Convertibles are allowed on the track but NOT with passengers
* We will try to assist with getting tires mounted prior to leaving for the track
* Lunch and beverages will be provided by M-Atlanta at the track
* A photo CD will be offered after the event by Elijah Sumrall Automotive Media Network (for $10 each)
* All track rules must be complied with or your day will end early
* FOR DETAILS OR QUESTIONS CALL ANTHONY
atlbimmers@yahoo.com
Member of:ATLBIMMERS, M-ATLANTA, A-TOWN M-CLUB

Last edited by dce93atl; 01-03-2012 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: deleting phone number
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
bhbfalcons
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Sedan

i am thinking of going... anyone else?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
RedRum5
Rep
Drives: Indy Red E60 M5

Guys, I still have a couple of spots remaining if you're interested in joining us at the track. We have helmets and we're bringing lunch so all you need is a tank full of gas and a lead foot!!!

This event should be a blast since it's a smaller venue which will offer lots of seat time at a challenging track designed for motorcycles. This is extremely cheap for a full day track event!

Please contact me at the number above immediately if you're interested as we're only doing a limited number of participants.

Anthony
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 05:41 PM   #4
dce93atl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 Buick Enclave "Leather"

Garage List
There are only 3 spots left. This is open to all cars. Contact Anthony in my earlier post and sign up now before the spots are gone!
atlbimmers@yahoo.com
Member of:ATLBIMMERS, M-ATLANTA, A-TOWN M-CLUB
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 10:47 PM   #5
RedRum5
Rep

Update

Quick update, we are quickly filling up and, as Darcy mentioned, we only have about 3 spots left for anyone interested. This is going to be a great event as we have everything from an e30 race car to M3s, M5s and M6s that will be ripping it up around the track with us. Please contact me if you're interested in the event.

I also need to do a little house keeping regarding race equipment. TGP mentioned this so I thought I would inform the group before we arrived at the track. Just about any shoe will be fine for the track EXCEPT running sneakers and boots (like Timberland's) for obvious reasons. I would suggest a nice, comfortable, casual shoe with a relatively hard sole and good grip for the pedals. I picked up the following pointers from a racing shoe website. Please note the examples in the photo below as well:

1. The sole should be thin enough so you have a good feel for the pedal under your foot, but should be rigid enough so your foot is well supported.

2. It should have enough grip to not slip around the pedals, yet not be too sticky for switching pedals easily.
3. The sole should curve around the heel to allow you to rest your foot on the heel. This prevents notchy foot movement and that translates into smoother driving.
4. Ideally, the outside of the right shoe should be covered in rubber to protect it during heel and toe maneuvers

Name:  Driving shoes pic.JPG
Views: 325
Size:  28.7 KB

We're getting close guys and I can hardly wait! See you out there!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 08:40 PM   #6
RedRum5
Rep

Meeting Time

Sorry,

Slight correction to the meeting time at QT since Talladega is on Central time. We'll meet at 7:15 am at the QT and head out at 7:30 am sharp. Please let me know if you can't make our meeting time and I'll get you directions to the track.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 08:54 PM   #7
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: bac mono

See you guys there! I'll be there with my M and the LS6 Miata
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 09:49 PM   #8
RedRum5
Rep

Final Update

Okay guys, it looks like the storm clouds have moved out and we'll be blessed with great weather for our track day tomorrow. This is my last update before our event. I just want to make a few reminder points and additional details now that we have all participants registered.

• We have a total of 9 helmets that can be shared on the track in various sizes. I know that many are bringing their own helmets, but some may want passengers to ride so they might need to use one of our loaner helmets. They weren't expensive so don't worry about getting them sweaty. we'll bring some Clorox cloths.

• We have 5 groups of 3 or 4 drivers so traffice should be light on the track. We're either going to run 20 or 25 minutes per session so we'll get plenty of seat time for everyone. I tried to group everyone according to car performance and driver experience. If you don't like your grouping we can always change it after the first session or two

• For all those caravaning from QT at Six Flags with us we're meeting at 7:15am to gas up and leaving promptly at 7:30am so we arrive at the track in time. If you miss us just head straight for the track please. The QT address is 291 SIX FLAGS DR., AUSTELL, GA 30168

• We'll collect from anyone that owes a balance either at QT or at the track before driver orientation

• Please be at the track PROMPTLY at 8:00 am CST. The entrance crosses over the track to get to the infield and the pits so once hot laps start they will not allow IN and OUT of the facilities until lunchtime

• We're providing lunch, snacks, and drinks. We'll take a break from 12 - 1 to eat and gas up. There is 98 Octane gas at the track, but I don't know if it will be available and I'm sure it won't be cheap so we're planning to leave the track to get gas quickly and come back

• Remember to bring the correct shoes! I don't think this will be a big deal, but I don't want anyone to have an issue with track management due to footwear

• Someone asked about indoor observation areas since they are bringing spectators. I think the track may only have the small tower and I'm not how much access we'll have, but we can ask as soon as we arrive

• We have a few spare tires (e39 and 3-series) just in case someone has a catastrophic tire failure you may not have to go out and buy a brand new one. We'll also have a few sparing tools on hand as well

• I mentioned that we'll have photography to capture the event. Well, looks like we'll have some video too. Elijah has agreed to do some passenger video shots as well as mount his equipment to some bumpers during our sessions. He'll give more details about this when we arrive at the track

• Today, I received a special surprise as well from APR Motorsports in Auburn, AL. They are going to join our group with their professional race prepped Audi S4. They are flying one of their pro drivers down to train one of their new drivers on the track. They've agreed to provide some assistance to us when they can which would be awesome from a professional race team! This makes a total of 4 completely race prepped cars participating in our event! Don't worry, they'll all be driving in the same group, but should make for some interesting lap times

Last but not least, let's be safe and have some fun out there! See you tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 01:13 AM   #9
lve2xlr8
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I am so bummed that I'm out of town for this. Hope you guys had a blast!

Any other events planned for the next couple months?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #10
RedRum5
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lve2xlr8 View Post
I am so bummed that I'm out of town for this. Hope you guys had a blast!

Any other events planned for the next couple months?
Yes, we did have some fun. I'll be sure to post some pictures and video from the event soon. We're looking at early Spring for the next track event. I'll post on the board once we have the details nailed down. Don't miss it!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #11
Raiku898
Rep
Drives: 2002 M3

Yeah, I was disappointed to miss it too. Unfortunately, I need to replace my rtabs, fcabs, and finish inspection 2 before I think about any track time.
Appreciate 0