BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

10-01-2014, 05:32 PM   #1
Shaung
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Track days this weekend..

Anyone going to Alfa day or HOD at Shelton?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 09:50 PM   #2
Sapper_M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaung
Anyone going to Alfa day or HOD at Shelton?
I'm torn between the two. The AROO event is much cheaper, but I don't know anything about the group or even how many sessions (and of what length) I'll get with them.

HoD is kind of a known quantity for me, and I know the track a lot better so I'll be able to focus more on driving than learning another new track.

Which way are you leaning?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 10:58 PM   #3
Shaung
First Lieutenant
Rep

Well, I've been watching the weather and it was supposed to rain in Shelton and now it's not going to rain. But, I'm feeling that the weather could change again! I'm leaning towards PIR since it's all of 15 minutes from my house. It's an easy track and you could pick it up quick. AROO is more relaxed that HOD, but a good time.

When the next day at ORP?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 11:54 PM   #4
Sapper_M3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well, I've been watching the weather and it was supposed to rain in Shelton and now it's not going to rain. But, I'm feeling that the weather could change again! I'm leaning towards PIR since it's all of 15 minutes from my house. It's an easy track and you could pick it up quick. AROO is more relaxed that HOD, but a good time.

When the next day at ORP?
Haha I'm kind of leaning the HoD route for the same reason you're leaning AROO! The Ridge is only 30 minutes from my house whereas PIR is a solid 1:45 - 2:00 drive. The drive out doesn't bother me much, but the drive back right before a work day gets rough.

I'm actually looking forward to getting back out to ORP despite it being a nearly 4 hour drive for me. Did you see that Team Continental event next month...? I'm interested to see if anyone would sponsor us as guests. If not, joining the team isn't expensive...
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 10:14 AM   #5
Shaung
First Lieutenant
Rep

I'd like to get to ORP again. What day is the TC event? Thunderhill has an event this month as well... oh my poor bank account...lol
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 10:30 AM   #6
PrimeBMW
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46 M3+S62, E92 M3

The Alfa club has been an adventure at times in the past. One because people bring old Alfas that are slow and fall apart on track but also they don't put on to many track days and seem to be out of practice. If I was choosing I would go with HOD because I perceive them as a lower risk of something weird happening.

Thunderhill: I am looking forward to heading down this fall/winter!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 01:05 PM   #7
Sapper_M3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeBMW
The Alfa club has been an adventure at times in the past. One because people bring old Alfas that are slow and fall apart on track but also they don't put on to many track days and seem to be out of practice. If I was choosing I would go with HOD because I perceive them as a lower risk of something weird happening.

Prime, thanks for the input. Considering this will be one of the last track days I do this year, I may go the "safe" route with HoD and save the adventures for next season.

Unless people do winter track days here in the PNW...? (MotorsportReg doesn't seem to show much, if anything, going on after October....)
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 03:00 PM   #8
Shaung
First Lieutenant
Rep

Once the rain starts the NW is pretty much done for track days. I am thinking of doing a 3 day DirtFish(rally driving) school. They are having a special right now.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 09:16 PM   #9
Sapper_M3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Once the rain starts the NW is pretty much done for track days. I am thinking of doing a 3 day DirtFish(rally driving) school. They are having a special right now.
That's what I was afraid of; oh well.

Which special are you referring to? I checked the website, but I could only find a special related to the Red Bull deal going on....and it says it expired on 30 September.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2014, 05:48 PM   #10
PrimeBMW
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46 M3+S62, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper_M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeBMW

Prime, thanks for the input. Considering this will be one of the last track days I do this year, I may go the "safe" route with HoD and save the adventures for next season.

Unless people do winter track days here in the PNW...? (MotorsportReg doesn't seem to show much, if anything, going on after October....)
Performance at Pacific and Turn 2 at the Ridge have put on winter track days the last few years. Typically the decision is based on the weather with one week notice. I'll probably do a few days plus head down to T-hill at least once.
Appreciate 0