BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

01-27-2014, 05:23 PM   #1
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Question Delivery Pizza *Taste Test* Just in Time for The Super Bowl

Now they are strictly talking "delivery chain delivery" stores because I think we can ALL agree there are much better offerings locally.

Pizza Delivery Taste Test: Pizza Hut, Papa John's, Little Caesars, or Domino's?

I was actually surprised they rated Papa Johns as low as they did. Mine has consistently tasty pies!

But Brooklyn's, Brothers and Sbarro all put the delivery pizza chains to shame.

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 01-27-2014 at 05:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 05:46 PM   #2
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Bad LINK above fixed.
      01-27-2014, 06:03 PM   #3
808@702
8th BMW, 520th Surfboard
Rep
Drives: My girlfriends crazy!

I eat Hawaiian food during the Super Bowl. Lau Lau, Kalua Pig, Poi, Lomi Salmon, Poke, and lots of Coors Light and Heineken.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 06:29 PM   #4
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post

I was actually surprised they rated Papa Johns as low as they did. Mine has consistently tasty pies!

If I'm going too cheat and eat pizza, it's usually papa johns they do have some pretty good pizza for delivery! And I love the garlic sauce, and peppers.

''Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.''Ernest Hemingway
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 07:29 PM   #5
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

yeah, I tell everyone Papa Johns is my favorite and people's faces get ugly...

shit is good, especially with the little garlic dipping cups they give you
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 07:34 PM   #6
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
yeah, I tell everyone Papa Johns is my favorite and people's faces get ugly...

''Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.''Ernest Hemingway
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 08:32 PM   #7
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

My brain thinks it likes Papa John's.

Hours later, when my stomach is writhing in pain, my brain realizes it has been tricked. Again.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 10:02 PM   #8
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
So glad I live in an area with amazing local pizza joints and NEVER have to settle for chain pies...

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 06:56 AM   #9
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

I can't stand chain pizza anymore. I was spoiled back in Utica, MI there was a little Italian pizza joint with the best thin crust in a wood burning oven. Tivoli's Wood Brick Oven Pizzeria was the only place I'd go to.

Fresh tomato, mozzarella, anchovies, and prosciutto.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 08:37 AM   #10
finaloption
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 f30 n26

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
So glad I live in an area with amazing local pizza joints and NEVER have to settle for chain pies...

I think CT apizza is better than NYC

/flamesuit on
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 08:58 AM   #11
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by finaloption View Post
As do I. I've worked in NYC for a decade and the pizza is extremely good, but I still prefer Pepe's, Bar, Sally's, Colony, etc to most NYC pizza.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #12
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

The trick to a really good pizza is one without all of that heavy sauce on it. A light brushing of tomato juice is all you want, and then you can actually taste the other ingredients.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 11:33 AM   #13
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
No chains for me either. We make our own pizza. It helps having owned a pizza shop before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
I can't stand chain pizza anymore. I was spoiled back in Utica, MI there was a little Italian pizza joint with the best thin crust in a wood burning oven. Tivoli's Wood Brick Oven Pizzeria was the only place I'd go to.

Fresh tomato, mozzarella, anchovies, and prosciutto.
The UP has some good pizza. Had a good pie in Benton Harbor as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finaloption View Post

/flamesuit on
There are lots of places with good pizza. Many equal or better than NYC by my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
The trick to a really good pizza is one without all of that heavy sauce on it. A light brushing of tomato juice is all you want, and then you can actually taste the other ingredients.
Like most everything about pizza the amount of sauce is subjective. I used to make pizza for me with very little sauce. then we started experimenting with sauce and came up with an awesome recipe. Then i liked the normal amount of sauce. It seemed to accentuate the flavors of everything else.

Nothing ruins a good pie like a crappy sauce. Most chain sauces are way too sweet. But they cater to kids mostly. Then adults get hooked because they've had it so much they think they like it.

We've had chain lovers over to the house for home made pizza and some of them have never eaten at a chain again.
      01-28-2014, 11:49 AM   #14
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
No chains for me either. We make our own pizza. It helps having owned a pizza shop before.

The UP has some good pizza. Had a good pie in Benton Harbor as well.

There are lots of places with good pizza. Many equal or better than NYC by my opinion.

Like most everything about pizza the amount of sauce is subjective. I used to make pizza for me with very little sauce. then we started experimenting with sauce and came up with an awesome recipe. Then i liked the normal amount of sauce. It seemed to accentuate the flavors of everything else.

Nothing ruins a good pie like a crappy sauce. Most chain sauces are way too sweet. But they cater to kids mostly. Then adults get hooked because they've had it so much they think they like it.

We've had chain lovers over to the house for home made pizza and some of them have never eaten at a chain again.
Share your recipe if you don't object; I make pizza all the time and could use some of those sauce tips
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 12:02 PM   #15
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

The only pizza I will eat now is Anthonys Coal Fired Pizza. If I am going to waste the calories eating pizza it will not be any of the other chains. My gf was craving little caesars a few months back (don't ask me why I have no idea) I went to pick one up... worst pizza I have probably ever eaten. I remember them being super thin but this thing was like a freaking loaf of bread, horrible. At the local NASA events they use to order pizzas after the races Saturday and they would always get dominos. That was horrible also, now don't get me wrong, I ate it (free food), and it was better than little caesars, but I would not go out and order it myself.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 12:04 PM   #16
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
The only pizza I will eat now is Anthonys Coal Fired Pizza. If I am going to waste the calories eating pizza it will not be any of the other chains. My gf was craving little caesars a few months back (don't ask me why I have no idea) I went to pick one up... worst pizza I have probably ever eaten. I remember them being super thin but this thing was like a freaking loaf of bread, horrible. At the local NASA events they use to order pizzas after the races Saturday and they would always get dominos. That was horrible also, now don't get me wrong, I ate it (free food), and it was better than little caesars, but I would not go out and order it myself.
Dominoes has really stepped up their game in the past few years. Little Caesar's is still shit, all bread no toppings. Even the convenience and price don't make it worth it.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 12:43 PM   #17
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Dominoes has really stepped up their game in the past few years. Little Caesar's is still shit, all bread no toppings. Even the convenience and price don't make it worth it.
Agreed. Dominos is my go-to since we don't have jack in my area and I'm never disappointed. Although when I do get to a place that has some genuine NE style pizza I feel like I am back at home.
      01-28-2014, 01:19 PM   #18
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Space Grey 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808@702 View Post
I eat Hawaiian food during the Super Bowl. Lau Lau, Kalua Pig, Poi, Lomi Salmon, Poke, and lots of Coors Light and Heineken.
Ill be coming over

SeanE92 - SCAMMER
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 01:25 PM   #19
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Share your recipe if you don't object; I make pizza all the time and could use some of those sauce tips
That was back in the pizza shop days. We're both busy enough to forgo homemade sauce for our personal pizzas; so instead we bought a jar of sauce from just about every manufacture at our local grocery store. Taste tested all of them and selected the one that was most like ours. Now we have about 10 jars of that one in the pantry. That brand is expensive so when it's BOGO, we stock up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I haven't had little caesars in what must be 18 - 20 years. Back then it was good pizza. Never thought that hot and ready garbage stuff would be any good. Thread confirmed.
      01-28-2014, 01:35 PM   #20
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Domino's has the nicest parolees as delivery guys. They're all about customer service and casing your place.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 03:25 PM   #21
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
I went down the make-my-own sauce route for a long time but now I just buy a jar of RAO's homemade marinara. It's not cheap but it's great.

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 04:16 PM   #22
druu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8

Quote:
As do I. I've worked in NYC for a decade and the pizza is extremely good, but I still prefer Pepe's, Bar, Sally's, Colony, etc to most NYC pizza.
I Miss pepe's from when i was working in Rye years ago. I sometimes make the homage to grab a pie and stop in a neri's on my way home.

Quote:
Dominos has seriously improved quality, and their website/status/delivery are now on point. You seriously know whos handling it and exactly where it is now. Still not a replacement for the real thing, but very pallatable.

Quote:
I went down the make-my-own sauce route for a long time but now I just buy a jar of RAO's homemade marinara. It's not cheap but it's great.
+1 Rao's is excellent for Jar sauce. My go to when i don't want to make my own.
Appreciate 0