BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

10-17-2008, 07:42 PM   #1
Z4M///ike
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4 M Roadster/08 E90 M3

BITCH!!!!!!

someone scraped my driver side rear bumper...no note, no nothing, just a whole bunch of red paint and scrape/scratch marks.

nothing too serious (no dents) but still...
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 07:54 PM   #2
JMD0977
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 GT3 and ....

I would , where did it happened? I bet they hauled ass after.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 07:59 PM   #3
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

which car got hit? any pics?

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 08:06 PM   #4
ChrisFastM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 vert w/ LOTS of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal jet black View Post
which car got hit?
I'm gonna go out on a limb & say it was the M3 that got hit since this was posted on the M3 general forum & all.........

Z4M, Sorry to hear bud. People these days........ Let the hunt begin!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 08:07 PM   #5
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

If it makes you feel any better I had to repaint my rear bumper after 184 miles. Some damn old handicap lady scratched some of my paint off. She drove off but I remembered who parked next to me, searched my town for other handicap parking spots. Found her car, blocked her in, called the cops.
      10-17-2008, 08:13 PM   #6
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
what do you expect from people in LA. lowest MAfou i've ever seen. Happened to me on 3 cars that I owned so far.
"YOU NEED TO DRIVE HEEP OF SHITS, STOP PLAYING WITH THAT DILDO CELL PHONE OF YOURS".
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 08:16 PM   #7
MysticBlue
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '20 M5C, '09 M3 DCT Coupe

How long before someone comes out with a camera setup that takes a series of shots in all directions for a few seconds after any impact is sensed? Just enough to get a license plate. Wouldn't work in every scenario, but if enough people had something like that in their car, it would keep a lot of people more honest just because they wouldn't know if the car they just hit had cameras in it.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 08:20 PM   #8
nd54
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: RDSport RS 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
If it makes you feel any better I had to repaint my rear bumper after 184 miles. Some damn old handicap lady scratched some of my paint off. She drove off but I remembered who parked next to me, searched my town for other handicap parking spots. Found her car, blocked her in, called the cops.
Awesome. One day I hope I can bring out some vigilanteism and catch a criminal. I'd feel like Batman.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 09:21 PM   #9
Dascamel
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 M3, 2010 e91 328i

Quote:
HAHHAHHAA, you hunted her down? Nice.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 10:38 PM   #10
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dascamel View Post
HAHHAHHAA, you hunted her down? Nice.
You bet I did... found her in the handicap spot of a supermarket. Cops came down, went in the store and brought her outside, showed her my paint on her bumper and asked her what happened. Her response "I thought I felt something". Long story short, her insurance had to pay for it.

To continue the interesting story from the insurance company....
Cost to fix my bumper $900

Her insurance company said "hmmm you can probably get it done for less here's $650 have a nice day"

My response "Nope, that was the fair price where I live. That's what it costs to fix correctly"

Her insurance company "too bad it's all we're giving you"

So I took a drive to the court house, filed a small claims suit against the poor old blind handicap lady who hit my brand new car.

two days later I had a check in the mail for the difference from her insurance company.
      10-17-2008, 10:40 PM   #11
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You bet I did... found her in the handicap spot of a supermarket. Cops came down, went in the store and brought her outside, showed her my paint on her bumper and asked her what happened. Her response "I thought I felt something". Long story short, her insurance had to pay for it.

To continue the interesting story from the insurance company....
Cost to fix my bumper $900

Her insurance company said "hmmm you can probably get it done for less here's $650 have a nice day"

My response "Nope, that was the fair price where I live. That's what it costs to fix correctly"

Her insurance company "too bad it's all we're giving you"

So I took a drive to the court house, filed a small claims suit against the poor old blind handicap lady who hit my brand new car.

two days later I had a check in the mail for the difference from her insurance company.
Job well done. I would have taken it a step further, and called the State insurance commissioner and filed a complaint against the insurance company.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 10:47 PM   #12
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatrach73 View Post
Job well done. I would have taken it a step further, and called the State insurance commissioner and filed a complaint against the insurance company.
Her insurance company was really doing their client a disservice. Their job is to protect their client from such law suits. They didn't want to do their job so I had no choice. I did feel bad for the lady though, cause she thought she had insurance for such reasons and next thing she knew she had a law suit against her. The company knew they had no chance to win though, hence the check in the mail.

I posted this story on here because I've heard of many people who get screwed by insurance companies. Many people just say oh well I guess this is all I get and they stay quiet about it. So you know, you only have a contract with your insurance company not someone else's. If another party damages your property they are responsible for the damage, it's up to them how they pay you, whether they choose to use their insurance or pay themselves. But they have to pay one way or another.
      10-17-2008, 10:50 PM   #13
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Her insurance company was really doing their client a disservice. Their job is to protect their client from such law suits. They didn't want to do their job so I had no choice. I did feel bad for the lady though, cause she thought she had insurance for such reasons and next thing she knew she had a law suit against her. The company knew they had no chance to win though, hence the check in the mail.

I posted this story on here because I've heard of many people who get screwed by insurance companies. Many people just say oh well I guess this is all I get and they stay quiet about it. So you know, you only have a contract with your insurance company not someone else's. If another party damages your property they are responsible for the damage, it's up to them how they pay you, whether they choose to use their insurance or pay themselves. But they have to pay one way or another.
Yep you got that right. Insurance companies are the biggest rip off!! ever!! I always say: they screw you, you screw them.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2008, 12:00 AM   #14
Krueger///M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 HPF 2.5, 2008 M3 (Sold)

Garage List
2002 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticBlue View Post
How long before someone comes out with a camera setup that takes a series of shots in all directions for a few seconds after any impact is sensed? Just enough to get a license plate. Wouldn't work in every scenario, but if enough people had something like that in their car, it would keep a lot of people more honest just because they wouldn't know if the car they just hit had cameras in it.
They already have this and it's awesome! It is either Wheel Power or Race Precision who had a prototype on it for an E60 M5 at Mfest. They can have it send pictures to your phone, use your phone to unlock your car, start it, etc. Amazing concept!
Appreciate 0