BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

08-31-2010, 07:32 PM   #67
SuitedPair
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: GMC 2500hd

I'm still talking. Didn't like their initial offer. More in a sec...
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 09:40 PM   #68
SuitedPair
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Update: BMWNA talks to the marketing dept who makes the decisions. They got quite cold and rude to me after throwing some ridiculous offer at me. they know I have an attorney and they said it doesn't matter. They probably monitor this thread so all I can say is we'll be going to arbitration. I'll bring my experts, they'll bring their experts and a panel of three individuals will decide if BMWNA gets to screw the little guy or not.
It had the potential of making the Car and Driver 10 Best Lemon Law Experiences... Now I'll write it up for the 10 worst.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 10:10 PM   #69
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Good luck man. And glad you can keep us updated. Hey, do you get to recover attorney's fees if you win? Hope so.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 10:11 PM   #70
Alessandro
Major
Serbia
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5

Garage List
2011 335is  [9.50]
good luck!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 10:27 PM   #71
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual

pretty stupid on bmw's behalf ! less then 2k miles and they have the ballz to argue/deny the consumer on his freshly newly purchased M3 , the world is headed down the tubes and quality is going out the window !! Sad , very Sad ...
Less = more ( less for the quality and More in the company's pocket )
Make them take that heap of junk back period !!! you paid for a new car not a car for idiots at a dealer lacking tools to experiment on ..
Good luck
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 10:50 PM   #72
Mahmood07
Captain
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 + F85 X5M

If things don't work out we should all stand together and make a big deal out of it. Make a fuss in all BMW forums, and discourage people considering an new M3 from getting one. This is not how you treat a customer who just bought his new car. I hope BMW is listening!
///M3 Mods: | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | Primary Cats Delete (TTP) | ESS Tune | 19" Advan RS | Eibach Springs | MS Air Filter | BMW Perf. Spoiler | BMW Perf. Splitters | Euro LCI Tail lights | Angel iBright v.3.0 | 20% Tint | Matte black Kidney Grills | CF Side Gills | Painted Reflectors | Black M3 emblem
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 09:45 AM   #73
mr_yogi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Success

agreed! best of luck suited! i pray it works out in your favor! definitely has the attention of this potential m3 buyer!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 09:53 AM   #74
SuitedPair
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
Good luck man. And glad you can keep us updated. Hey, do you get to recover attorney's fees if you win? Hope so.
yes, plus expenses/costs related to it. thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
good luck!
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
pretty stupid on bmw's behalf ! less then 2k miles and they have the ballz to argue/deny the consumer on his freshly newly purchased M3 , the world is headed down the tubes and quality is going out the window !! Sad , very Sad ...
Less = more ( less for the quality and More in the company's pocket )
Make them take that heap of junk back period !!! you paid for a new car not a car for idiots at a dealer lacking tools to experiment on ..
Good luck
It took 2 weeks in the shop before they even knew what was wrong. Not the brightest mechanics over at Coggin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood07 View Post
If things don't work out we should all stand together and make a big deal out of it. Make a fuss in all BMW forums, and discourage people considering an new M3 from getting one. This is not how you treat a customer who just bought his new car. I hope BMW is listening!
Thanks, Mahmood. I'm not encouraging a lynch mob but so far I am on one other site. I'll post the entire details start to finish on every site I can find once the ordeal is over since my contact at BMWNA has been so rude to me lately despite my attempts to stay civil. I guess BMW thinks people don't use the internet for vehicle research before they buy?! Keywords are my best friends.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 11:21 AM   #75
SuitedPair
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_yogi View Post
agreed! best of luck suited! i pray it works out in your favor! definitely has the attention of this potential m3 buyer!
thanks mr yogi... all I can say is the "Ultimate Driving Machine" was fun for 130 miles! (Babied the car for the first 1200mls then the fiasco at 1330 mls).

f.y.i. a tech at BMW Braman saw a M3 with a broken valve spring last month...check out the BMW facebook posts.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #76
skywalker562
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 AW M3 E93 6MT

Good luck SuitedPair. I feel you. not as bad as your case but i am going thru some-what similar case. !!! internet is your best friend. =)
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2010, 02:06 AM   #77
ImStig
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Acura TL 04

SuitedPair - any updates?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 03:02 PM   #78
SuitedPair
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStig View Post
SuitedPair - any updates?
My attorney sent a letter outlining my concerns with an enclosure from an independent facility that works on BMWs and race cars substantiating the cheap fix that BMW and Coggin performed. I listed my requests from a new car at one end of the spectrum to just a 100,000 powertrain warranty at the other. Here is their response. Note that they couldn't even get the correct info on my vehicle correct in their letter. It lists a 135i and then a 2010 M3...? What kind of operation are they running over there?
I love her last line, "BMW proudly supports its product, its service and its commitment to valued customers"

After everything I went through, the ignorant techs at Coggin, a Chevy Cobalt rent a car, upgrade to an Chevy HHR, the arrogant attitude at BMWNA... they offer nothing! Not a thing! BMW=FAIL

Going to arbitration.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 11:09 PM   #79
zhangzeyuandss
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3, 911 GTS manual,F80,G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitedPair View Post
My attorney sent a letter outlining my concerns with an enclosure from an independent facility that works on BMWs and race cars substantiating the cheap fix that BMW and Coggin performed. I listed my requests from a new car at one end of the spectrum to just a 100,000 powertrain warranty at the other. Here is their response. Note that they couldn't even get the correct info on my vehicle correct in their letter. It lists a 135i and then a 2010 M3...? What kind of operation are they running over there?
I love her last line, "BMW proudly supports its product, its service and its commitment to valued customers"

After everything I went through, the ignorant techs at Coggin, a Chevy Cobalt rent a car, upgrade to an Chevy HHR, the arrogant attitude at BMWNA... they offer nothing! Not a thing! BMW=FAIL

Going to arbitration.
wow, please do not fail on me,stupid spring..

2011.5 mineral white e92 zcp 6mt m3
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 05:42 PM   #80
phrogbubbaE92
Heavy Footed..
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 DCT E92 M3

I have an 08 E92 with 463xx miles and this JUST happened. All of the initial symptoms happened and the last time i spoke with the tech working on my vehicle he said that the cylinder that was not working at all (#4) is now working and the #3 just lost all compression. Im sorry about your experience SuitedPair and pray that mine goes smoother.....
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 07:15 AM   #81
SuitedPair
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

good luck... how long did it take them to diagnose the problem?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 09:25 AM   #82
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
@ SuitedPair, have you gotten the problem resolved yet? I assume that they fixed your car right?
What was the end result?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #83
SuitedPair
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
@ SuitedPair, have you gotten the problem resolved yet? I assume that they fixed your car right?
What was the end result?
Bunch of parts were replaced and the tech did his best so they call it "fixed."
No end result yet... I'm switching to a different attorney. The guy I was using said he was confident with representing me and knew the laws then charged me for numerous hours to review just the law (not to review my case which was billed separate and I understand that part). So it's back on... I'll post updates.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 12:42 PM   #84
jimmyeatsworld
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 6MT

I too just got my car back with a similar issue. BMW techs are idiots. If it doesn't show fault code in DME they are lost.

My car had symptoms of misfire and limp mode. Initial thoughts were IVA, bad spark plugs, bad coils, and bad DME. It was none of those. It turns out it was due to bad pre cat O2 sensors.

My car has 27k miles and is 2008.

My RPI GT Race Dyno vs. Stock: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239228
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 06:16 PM   #85
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
The guy I was using said he was confident with representing me and knew the laws then charged me for numerous hours to review just the law (not to review my case which was billed separate and I understand that part).
What a freaking tool. You should post his name so he doesn't do that to others. No wonder they have the worst reputation in the world. I avoid them like the plague, and the only couple of instances when I needed one I knew more than them, and I never studied anything related to law. Sometimes they're a necessary evil, but most just use freaking software to fill out forms, and don't know crap. Good luck man.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 06:44 PM   #86
Draff1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Silverstone M3 Coupe

After reading this thread and considering my own experiences with BMW SA's and Techs I can honestly say that I've purchased my last BMW. This is a completely unacceptable response and resolution. It's what happens when "marketing" people think they have leverage over a single consumer. For many of us these cars represent more than transportation and BMW's marketing people obviously don't understand their core customer or cars in general.

Question: How did your case get disqualified for the lemon law?

You should gather some forum members in front of the dealership on Saturday to inform potential customers.
      04-07-2011, 10:09 PM   #87
phrogbubbaE92
Heavy Footed..
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It took them almost a week. At first they said that it wasnt a valve spring, but after they took the head apart the SA called me and said that it was definitely a spring. I spoke with the tech and he said that the spring just broke in half and didnt run through the cylinder wall... Now the tech just talking with BMW and sending pictures to their engineers.

Throughout this experience, my SA and the tech have been assuring me that it will be covered under the Warranty. I'm really close to the end and am really considering either trading it in or purchasing the extended warranty... I hope that your experience is getting better brotha. Good luck and keep us posted!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 11:57 AM   #88
phrogbubbaE92
Heavy Footed..
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood07 View Post
+1
Appreciate 0