BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

03-25-2012, 03:35 AM   #331
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna

Garage List
2017 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
I'm not from Miami
Unless you mean having 4800 posts i'm a newbie?
I hope you posted their response to the Asian and Korean forums.
I mean if you're objective, and you posted the initial issue, you should post their response too no?
Why is he responsible for doing that? Assuming his post did raise enough attention, it is up to their own hands to find out any associated updates. More over, what kind of response from ADV is really worth posting and translating? Shit still didn't get resolved and non of the crap they sell seems to be safe to drive on let along to be "track functional" as they claim to be.
      03-25-2012, 03:40 AM   #332
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna

Garage List
2017 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
I don't know how much ADV is paying you db71, but you sure are doing a hell of a job buying them some time and relief from public criticism as you digress this thread off its original topic and purposes. Is this some kind of new service that people pay for to protect a company's reputation or damage control in real time and online?
      03-25-2012, 03:49 AM   #333
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

showing something fake to the public =

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 04:54 AM   #334
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Excellent thread all..carry on.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 06:48 AM   #335
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesummer View Post
Why is he responsible for doing that? Assuming his post did raise enough attention, it is up to their own hands to find out any associated updates. More over, what kind of response from ADV is really worth posting and translating? Shit still didn't get resolved and non of the crap they sell seems to be safe to drive on let along to be "track functional" as they claim to be.
Why?
Because every post he made sounded like a bitter ex-wife
And he announced that he would trash their reputation in the Asian and Korean forums ( always thought Korea was in Asia, but maybe I'm mistaken)
If you're gonna talk trash, the least you can do is be man enough and admit that maybe you were wrong.
Well if you were reading carefully, ADV offered to replace his entire set of wheels, or a full refund, or just replacing the wheel in question.
And this is on a set of wheels OUT OF WARRANTY.
I don't know about you, but I wouldn't ask much more of them
If you think that's not a good enough response, please share with us any other wheel manufacturer that has offered a better offer?
      03-25-2012, 06:53 AM   #336
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
I love how a lot of people here are bitching about how crap ADV wheels are
And causing a fuss about a GERMAN certification
Don't they have any American certifications for wheels to be allowed to be sold over here?

(can someone please lend me a pitchfork? I'm feeling left out here)
      03-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #337
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
      03-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #338
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Relatively Quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
Don't they have any American certifications for wheels to be allowed to be sold over here?
AFAIK America has a DOT certification. Now, I think people make a big stink about it because DOT certification is not as stringent as TUV or JWL. Kind of like how DOT certified helmets are a joke but SNELL rated ones I would depend on to save my life.

Now, I was going to stay out of this thread, but I believe that this last comment was not well thought out before posted. I'll post just this once and I won't reply no matter what anyone says. Anyways.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by db71 View Post
I think everybody here should think about these things and realize it could be their job or business people are trashing and putting their job at risk.
Going off of Eugene's OP (and an attempt to bring this topic back on topic) and db71's statement afterwards, are you saying that it's okay for a wheel to potentially put lives at risk, but is not okay for a person to post a negative comment about a company that could potentially ruin business?

Well, it's not like I have a beef against ADV.1, I honestly really like their wheel designs and think their concept artist or whatever is extremely talented. I just thought db71's comment could use some....revision.

Last edited by LateBraking; 03-25-2012 at 01:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #339
db71
Private
Rep
Drives: 10 Audi S5

It appears from the comments and the lack of people stepping forward this is an isolated incident. I do not think anybody's lives were intentionally put at risk. As some said failures happen there is always that 1 in 1,000,000 or whatever.

So if something goes wrong one time thats potentially uncontrollable that's reason to trash a company??
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #340
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
is it just me or does anyone think db71 is with ADV wheels. Join date March 2012, and the only posts he has is to defend ADV.
      03-25-2012, 03:41 PM   #341
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
This thread is full of lulz

If I had money to toss away at bling rims it would be ADV, I do like their designs, but in the end id rather have two sets of BBS or Volks I could get with that money and still have a piece of mind on my wheels.
      03-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #342
MatthewDavid
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [0.00]
2012 E92 M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by db71
It appears from the comments and the lack of people stepping forward this is an isolated incident. I do not think anybody's lives were intentionally put at risk. As some said failures happen there is always that 1 in 1,000,000 or whatever.

So if something goes wrong one time thats potentially uncontrollable that's reason to trash a company??
You, my friend, haven't been around that long then. Search for 360 Forged, then you'll find out why ADV has such a big hurdle to overcome here. I personally would like to see that happen, because they're great designers, but they have their work cut out for them, so they're just going to have to suck it up and keep trying for a while, which it appears they're doing.

IMHO, one year warranty or not, for the price and for the application, wheel quality and endurance should not be taken lightly. I don't think helping Eugene et al even after the one year mark should be a point of contention here; it should be a given. Further, I think it's absurd anyone, especially a vendor of aftermarket performance parts, should think this is part of modifying life. Reliability shouldn't be a luxury. Your business model is short lived with that mindset.
      03-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #343
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

What's really sad is yesterday db71 went off on the whole forum telling us we should only purchase ADV and HRE wheels because they are American made instead of "cheaper" Volk and BBS wheels yet today in the other thread db71 says he won't buy ADV wheels because they are too expensive nor buy HRE wheels
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 06:54 PM   #344
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

17 Pages later Still eatin' popcorn. Gonna need some Metamucil

2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #345
kasimmmmm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M

Issues with wheels happen... its normal. Even the company some guys are going on about. You can even google 'HRE wheels cracked' and you'll find several threads. So whats a big deal if ADV1 wheel cracks?

HRE
http://www.acuraworld.com/forums/f46...-wheels-58281/

Realistically speaking, how many wheel companies do anything facing such an issue? If anything, they are showing how they have good customer service by doing something about the issue you've had.
      03-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #346
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Just wait until the work week crew arrives...
Oh, you mean you and me.
Both of us pretending to be working of course

2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 07:44 PM   #347
ObviousMan
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 ZCP

I have to ask the OP...did the phone call with ADV happen? Did they actually provide any resolution to the original issue? Did little Timmy get rescued from the well? Oh, wait...wrong soap opera on that last one!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #348
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
17 Pages later Still eatin' popcorn. Gonna need some Metamucil
Funny..I have had no problem taking a nice poop each time I've read this thread
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #349
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
Quote:
Little fun fact... Timmy actually never fell into a well. See.... I can be helpful.
Timmy would never fall into a well for one simple reason
Timmy got his ass TUV certified at a young age
So he doesn't deal with this kind of s@$t
      03-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #350
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
Funny..I have had no problem taking a nice poop each time I've read this thread
That's usually where I make my most entertaining posts
      03-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #351
HRE_Mickey
Captain
Rep
Drives: Sold E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon@HRE View Post
We’ve been alerted that HRE is being dragged into this thread. While we don’t want to be anywhere near this, unfortunately our name is getting tossed around so we are forced to clarify some of the statements being made.
  1. HRE Banned from Racing?: Regarding the ban from racing in the 2000’s, this is FALSE. Unfortunately this was a rumor created by the boyfriend of an Audi customer that was unhappy with us. We took this very seriously and contacted all of the racing sanctioning bodies and the Viper Racing League (which is the event the supposed failures occurred) and it was all shown to be false. Unfortunately HRE at that time had a “hands off” policy on the forums and this rumor spread like wildfire; leaving us even today having to defend ourselves. We were also way too soft with our use of legal protection. Today we would not let a rumor like this spread without serious repercussions to the perpetrator, particularly when the intention was clearly to simply hurt our reputation with false information.
  2. Rim Suppliers: HRE purchases our rims from 2 suppliers in the U.S. We have had rim failures on the inner flange (not the same location as this failure) primarily on older rims manufactured and sold years ago. This can be caused by work-hardening during manufacture but also due to other factors, including some user issues like running with low tire pressure. While this issue is rare today, we worked with our suppliers to have them roll the inner rim flange on all their parts to ensure this never happens. These rims are being incorporated into our stock now as they make the transition. The rest of the industry will get this improvement as well of course. We keep inventory on rim parts needed for our wheels at our 60,000 sq ft facility.
  3. HRE wheel failures?: HRE has experienced wheel failures, particularly on older models from years ago. HRE has been in business for a long time and the strength and quality of our wheels is substantially different today then say in the ‘90s. Even today we challenge ourselves with our racing efforts and while we have and will continue to win championships, we recognize the possibility of having a potential failure in the future given the nature of pushing the limit in professional motorsport. In fact, a well designed motorsport wheel will eventually have its fatigue life run out of it and fail if it is not retired after its useful life. However, we do NOT expect to have wheel failures on the street. We have a LIFETIME STRUCTURAL WARRANTY for a reason. Our wheels are meant to be lightweight but they should still last the life of your vehicle so if it has our name on it we will take responsibility for it.
  4. Quality: Please do not equate the use of similar suppliers with similar quality. HRE does our design/engineering/CNC machining/finish/assembly here in Vista (San Diego, CA) at our OWN facility with our OWN quality management process that is TUV certified. We’re not just talking about wheels being certified. Our QUALITY MANGEMENT SYSTEM is TUV certified.
  5. Engineering: Our president has a B.S. from Harvey Mudd College in Engineering and an M.S from UCLA in Mechanical Engineering and came to us in 1999 after 8 years of working at Northrop Grumman’s B-2 Division doing structural analysis on aircraft. The fact that HRE has a mechanical engineer in such a lead position should make it clear we’re not just a “draw and cut” company and how proper engineering is viewed here. As for FEA we know it is way too easy to get a very “accurate INCORRECT answer”. If you have no idea what you’re doing, you’re going to end up with false confidence leading to problems. Junk in. Junk out.
  6. Does this failure affect HRE?: HRE has never experienced and does not expect to experience a failure of the nature exhibited here. After concerns were raised we had discussions with our suppliers and our own engineering team here and feel that this is not an issue that will affect HRE or requires any changes to our quality management system, wheel designs, or suppliers. It is easy to look at a cracked rim and immediately assume the failure is due to the rim, but the center design and quality of manufacture along with the assembly design and quality of the process are key to ensuring parts do not exceed their design limits.

If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me directly at lonm@hrewheels.com or call our main office at 760-598-1960.

Feel free to verify our TUV certification here, http://www.tuev.at/start/browse/Webs...rter%20Partner

Hello Kasim, if you read through the post, you would see that I answered any questions regarding this false rumor. Hope this information helps.

Last edited by HRE_Mickey; 03-25-2012 at 10:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #352
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

I'm glad you posted this again Lon; given the potential publicity of this thread. I even caught myself in an earlier post in this thread relaying dated information that I hadn't confirmed since reading it on Audiworld! Very irresponsible of me. Although I edited it immediately, I want to formally apologize.

This is officially a carebear thread now.

<hugs>
Appreciate 0