BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
BoomM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 Coupe

no more ED allocation?

Has anyone heard from a dealer in the last few days of not being able to allocate a ED delivery on 2013 m3's? I was really hoping to do an ED on October.

thx for your help.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
CJF
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: White machine

first, it may just be that the time you want to do ED there are no slots.

second, this just may or may not be true. i'd contact Ryan and Steve Thomas BMW and get the story straight.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

As of now BMW has stop all ED Allocation on BMW M3 M5 M6. If you do not already have a production number you are out of luck. the only way you can do ED now is if the dealer take one of their allocation out of their stock.

Before ED did not come out of dealers allocations for M3 M5 M6 so dealers didn't mind. Now that BMW has stopped that (prob due to to much demand and not enough supply) dealer are no longer offered that luxury.

Since ED sales are difficult for most dealer due to lower return and more work it will be very very hard for you to find a dealer willing to give up an allocation for someone to do ED. Bummer

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
jaehshim
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
As of now BMW has stop all ED Allocation on BMW M3 M5 M6. If you do not already have a production number you are out of luck. the only way you can do ED now is if the dealer take one of their allocation out of their stock.

Before ED did not come out of dealers allocations for M3 M5 M6 so dealers didn't mind. Now that BMW has stopped that (prob due to to much demand and not enough supply) dealer are no longer offered that luxury.

Since ED sales are difficult for most dealer due to lower return and more work it will be very very hard for you to find a dealer willing to give up an allocation for someone to do ED. Bummer
that's crazy, already out of allocation for 2013 models?
Last time I checked with my BMW dealer the production for 2013 M3 was starting this week (07/12~05/13).
This means unless they open for ED, there won't be any ED available for all 2013 models?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #5
GOLFFRR
Rep

There are ED available however they are no longer Free allocation to the dealers. The dealer would have to give up one of their allocation for stock to get a ED.

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #6
jaehshim
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
There are ED available however they are no longer Free allocation to the dealers. The dealer would have to give up one of their allocation for stock to get a ED.
oh I get it now
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #7
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep
Drives: Regensburg Factory E92M3

Ryan,
After you said no ED to me too I had to ask Francesca for an explanation so I appreciate your full explanation.
This sounds like the end of ED.
"probably due to too much demand and not enough supply".
I do not really believe that. Somehow i have a feeling this is a conspiracy from bmw usa dealers not bmw to try to get more domestic sales and less ED. But it is a big mistake because a lot of customers who cannot do low ED anymore will not buy. I know I won't. Not to mention less happy customers means less publicity spreading the word. That showy new ED M3 driving on the road in your city is not going to be there and less people will get hooked and show up at the dealership. Bad marketing all around.

Quote:

Last edited by V8FunNaturally; 07-03-2012 at 06:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #8
surlynkid
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
I got my ED date.

Ya snooze, ya lose.
Stoptech 380mm/355mm | PFC08 / Pagid RS-29 | Akrapovic EVO - CF tips | Benvo Tune | MS UDP | AA air filter | MCS 2-way with 700/1000lb springs | Solid bushings and adjustable links | RD front swaybar | Apex EC-7 18x10 square 275/35-18 NT01 | Turner Race Studs | GT4 Brake Cooling | GT4 Power Steering Cooling | Alekshop Oil Cooler | Performance Steering Wheel | | CF Spoiler | Varis System 1 Full CF Diffuser | Extended Paddle Shifters | Schroth Quick Fit Pro | Turner Steering Rack Stops | Vorshlag Camber Plates
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #9
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsweet View Post
Ryan,
After you said no ED to me too I had to ask Francesca for an explanation so I appreciate your full explanation.
This sounds like the end of ED.
"probably due to too much demand and not enough supply".
I do not really believe that. Somehow i have a feeling this is a conspiracy from bmw usa dealers not bmw to try to get more domestic sales and less ED. But it is a big mistake because a lot of customers who cannot do low ED anymore will not buy. I know I won't. Not to mention less happy customers means less publicity spreading the word. That showy new ED M3 driving on the road in your city is not going to be there and less people will get hooked and show up at the dealership. Bad marketing all around.
I am actually Jimmy , Ryan is our sales manager and Checa is his assistant

Glad I was able to clear up a tad for you. Checa and Ryan are the experts Im just relaying the info for you guys

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #10
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaehshim View Post
that's crazy, already out of allocation for 2013 models?
Folks trying to grab the last of the NA V8s?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #11
thecakeisalie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ‘23 G80x

Arrrg. Was hoping to do ED but I'm not quite ready to order yet. Hopefully there are still regular production slots left within a month or so
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #12
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
That sucks!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #13
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecakeisalie View Post
Arrrg. Was hoping to do ED but I'm not quite ready to order yet. Hopefully there are still regular production slots left within a month or so
There are reg allocation still open. ED is also still available you just have to find a dealer that will be willing to give up one of their allocations for a ED. That may be a tough task.

Side note, although the Perf center is not the same as ED it still is pretty awesome and would highly recommend it as a back up plan to anyone

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #14
thecakeisalie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ‘23 G80x

Quote:
There are reg allocation still open. ED is also still available you just have to find a dealer that will be willing to give up one of their allocations for a ED. That may be a tough task.

Side note, although the Perf center is not the same as ED it still is pretty awesome and would highly recommend it as a back up plan to anyone
Cool, thanks. Yeah, ED is not required for me - would have been fun - now it just seems to be more headache than it's worth. Just want to make sure I can get a 2013 E92 in general
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #15
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsweet View Post
it is a big mistake because a lot of customers who cannot do low ED anymore will not buy. I know I won't. Not to mention less happy customers means less publicity spreading the word. That showy new ED M3 driving on the road in your city is not going to be there and less people will get hooked and show up at the dealership. Bad marketing all around.
It's a real bummer for you guys in the US who are used to ED price reductions. But given that the demand is so high, I doubt it will negatively affect BMW's bottom line.

If demand is outstripping supply, if someone won't pay, the next one in line will...
      07-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #16
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

The only change that I see with no more "free" ED allocations is that pricing will be strictly ED MSRP instead of ED invoice + $XXX, and that's only if they want to do ED at all.

And that would be no change from about 99% of the USA BMW dealers anyway.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #17
CJF
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: White machine

@Golffrr, I knw it would be conjecture on your part but...

The way this as been communicated from BMW ED, does this seem like a temporary situation, like it may change if production can ramp up or catch up?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #18
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

This is pretty rotten news. I still find it hard to believe that E92/E93s, in their final production years, are still in hot demand. The ED invoice + $XXX model is so damn appealing. It will be hard to go back to the mindset of paying MSRP. My local dealers already frown upon assisting with ED at all.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #19
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

also the pricing of ED is no longer available thanks to the west coast dealers who were upset about people getting m5s at 1k above ED prices. There are threads all over the net about this. Bummer. Surely it is.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #20
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja Ventureshield View Post
also the pricing of ED is no longer available thanks to the west coast dealers who were upset about people getting m5s at 1k above ED prices. There are threads all over the net about this. Bummer. Surely it is.
Huh? Do you mean the words "ED invoice price" when you use the words "ED price"?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #21
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Huh? Do you mean the words "ED invoice price" when you use the words "ED price"?
yes, ED invoice prices.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #22
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep
Drives: Regensburg Factory E92M3

"cannot keep up production" this is bs. The true reason has to be west coast dealers hate ED and found a way to pressure bmw Euro to come up with a lame excuse to stop it.
They think they can recuperate ED customers as us delivery. It won't happen. Meanwhile Audi still has ED.
Appreciate 0