BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts

View Poll Results: Interested in a groupbuy
YES 24 80.00%
NO 6 20.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

02-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #45
luiscarlos59
Private
Rep
Drives: M4

sorry

Sorry guys for not updating, but I was SO DISSAPOINTED with IND and Eissenman that I didn't want to log any more.

And Yes I'm dissapointed with IND as well because if they wanted they could easily managed a discount or a rebate or any "extra benefit" (assuming they pushed Eissenman to get us a discount).

What Nate from IND told me is that they sell the product so well that there is not need to apply a discount. I really don't have the information to say if that is true or not, but let's be realistic how many exhaust systems can you sell in 1 yr? It's not a cheap product and how much demand can a product like this have?. And with this GB we had 20 potential buyers which could equal maybe X months of sale!! (this is just my opinion).

Anyway, I'm SO dissapointed. I hope we could have more dealers that could care for their potential and existing customers which are us, the one's that spend money for aftermarket parts = the one's in forums.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #46
happos2
Dingleberries
Rep
Drives: Gray E92 M3

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 01:50 AM   #47
sycd
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 [MT]

Garage List
2023 BMW M2 [MT]  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
There are used Eisenmann's that show up here once in a while if you want to save.

If the manufacturer doesn't want to offer a group buy that's their right, it's a free market after all.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 08:02 AM   #48
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycd View Post
If the manufacturer doesn't want to offer a group buy that's their right, it's a free market after all.
Everybody understands that. I hope that Eisenmann also understands I will never ever pay their full retail price for a muffler.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #49
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by luiscarlos59 View Post
Sorry guys for not updating, but I was SO DISSAPOINTED with IND and Eissenman that I didn't want to log any more.

And Yes I'm dissapointed with IND as well because if they wanted they could easily managed a discount or a rebate or any "extra benefit" (assuming they pushed Eissenman to get us a discount).

What Nate from IND told me is that they sell the product so well that there is not need to apply a discount. I really don't have the information to say if that is true or not, but let's be realistic how many exhaust systems can you sell in 1 yr? It's not a cheap product and how much demand can a product like this have?. And with this GB we had 20 potential buyers which could equal maybe X months of sale!! (this is just my opinion).

Anyway, I'm SO dissapointed. I hope we could have more dealers that could care for their potential and existing customers which are us, the one's that spend money for aftermarket parts = the one's in forums.
Dissapointed in me for trying to help get the group buy going? I did nothing but try and help out but Eisenmann (for many years) has a strict policy of no (new) Eisenmann on ebay or group buys.

Last edited by Nate@IND; 02-14-2013 at 08:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 08:58 AM   #50
mamadub
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red 2011 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
Dissapointed in me for trying to help get the group buy going? I did nothing but try and help out but Eisenmann (for many years) has a strict policy of no (new) Eisenmann on ebay or group buys.
Nate, the guy who wrote this has very few posts. I would like to think he doesn't really know how great iND has been to the members of this forum. I have a feeling he is about to find out.

Black Novillo Extended Leather, Convenience Package, Premium Package 2, DCT, DDC, BMW Apps, Custom Stereo upgrade, Eisenmann Sport Black Series Exhaust, 20"HRE's P45SC's. Color matched Brembo 380/345's, KW Coilovers
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #51
luiscarlos59
Private
Rep

t

I have to respect Eissenman's commercial director decision.

And for IND there is nothing personal and I know how great a company it is, I just believe IND could have done something "extra" for the community, such as giving us a rebate, a discount in another product or even a simple decal. That could have changed the outcome of this failed groupbuy.

Again, its my opinion -

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 07:07 PM   #52
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by luiscarlos59 View Post
I have to respect Eissenman's commercial director decision.

And for IND there is nothing personal and I know how great a company it is, I just believe IND could have done something "extra" for the community, such as giving us a rebate, a discount in another product or even a simple decal. That could have changed the outcome of this failed groupbuy.

Again, its my opinion -

Unfortunately Eisenmann has had a consistent policy forbidding group purchases and Ebay transactions due to their often volatile nature. As the official North American Distributor for Eisenmann GmbH IND must follow all Eisenmann sales rules and as a result we are bound by the terms and restrictions Eisenmann places on IND.

This particular group buy was something IND was hoping to push through as a favor to M3Post members for their years of support. We love M3Post and the community we have here, and we did want to provide a one-time group buy to help folks get an Eisenmann system for a discounted price.

Our bargaining tactic with Eisenmann was to sell the idea behind this group buy as an extremely low volume transaction- something that wouldn't "rock the boat" too much.

The terms requested by the people setting up the group buy were more than the terms Eisenmann was willing to accept. Eisenmann made the business decision not to support the group buy, and stick by their long-standing policy. Ultimately the decision is theirs, and it was the need for extreme concessions on Eisenmann's end that closed the group buy.

With all of that being said, if anyone who initially expressed interest in the group buy would like an IND decal as a token of our appreciation we will of course gladly send one your way! Just send a PM to myself or Jesal@IND and we will take care of it.

We are extremely grateful for all of the support from M3Post, and we're sorry that we could not put a purchase together at this time.
      02-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #53
luiscarlos59
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia@IND View Post
Unfortunately Eisenmann has had a consistent policy forbidding group purchases and Ebay transactions due to their often volatile nature. As the official North American Distributor for Eisenmann GmbH IND must follow all Eisenmann sales rules and as a result we are bound by the terms and restrictions Eisenmann places on IND.

This particular group buy was something IND was hoping to push through as a favor to M3Post members for their years of support. We love M3Post and the community we have here, and we did want to provide a one-time group buy to help folks get an Eisenmann system for a discounted price.

Our bargaining tactic with Eisenmann was to sell the idea behind this group buy as an extremely low volume transaction- something that wouldn't "rock the boat" too much.

The terms requested by the people setting up the group buy were more than the terms Eisenmann was willing to accept. Eisenmann made the business decision not to support the group buy, and stick by their long-standing policy. Ultimately the decision is theirs, and it was the need for extreme concessions on Eisenmann's end that closed the group buy.

With all of that being said, if anyone who initially expressed interest in the group buy would like an IND decal as a token of our appreciation we will of course gladly send one your way! Just send a PM to myself or Jesal@IND and we will take care of it.

We are extremely grateful for all of the support from M3Post, and we're sorry that we could not put a purchase together at this time.
Thanks for your support. Can you do a groupbuy of another exhaust system? Remus?
Appreciate 0