BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

01-21-2010, 09:20 PM   #45
335R1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

I just realized you're in Florida. In that case extend it with chrome swing arms, get the wheels chromed out and add some led neon lights throughout the bike.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 09:28 PM   #46
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335R1 View Post
I just realized you're in Florida. In that case extend it with chrome swing arms, get the wheels chromed out and add some led neon lights throughout the bike.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 02:46 AM   #47
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

wow there is just some much shit you fucked up on in your OP, from starting on a 1000cc to talking on the phone to wanting to "extend and lower" the bike, I am not even guna get into it cuz I don't want to be an asshole. But common dude...common sense...common sense.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 09:35 AM   #48
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwoo2go View Post
wow there is just some much shit you fucked up on in your OP, from starting on a 1000cc to talking on the phone to wanting to "extend and lower" the bike, I am not even guna get into it cuz I don't want to be an asshole. But common dude...common sense...common sense.
What is so bad with "extending and lowering" the bike otherwise losing handling and being wider turns? So educate me "dude" and be that ass hole.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 09:42 AM   #49
jaiman
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chungdae View Post
What is so bad with "extending and lowering" the bike otherwise losing handling and being wider turns? So educate me "dude" and be that ass hole.
Lowering and extending the bike means you don't have the skills to ride it. This isn't a turbo'd drag bike. Its an off the shelf liter bike that thousands of people ride without looping, every singe day. Why ruin the bike because of your lack of skills? Why don't you put training wheels on it while you are at it.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 09:49 AM   #50
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
Lowering and extending the bike means you don't have the skills to ride it. This isn't a turbo'd drag bike. Its an off the shelf liter bike that thousands of people ride without looping, every singe day. Why ruin the bike because of your lack of skills? Why don't you put training wheels on it while you are at it.
And thousands of people get killed on it by looping even on 600's as well. If they had lowered it and extended it, would they still be alive?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 10:30 AM   #51
MTV
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, Volvo S60R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
Okay, so I have not read through the whole thread so feel free to correct me, but is it correct you have dirt riding experience and a little bit of experience with a 600cc and decided to get a 1000cc supersport?

If yes, I would suggest your wife to get a divorce. Harsh some might say, but any lunatic who gets a 1000cc as "their" first bike even if they have "ridden 600cc before" and then wonders why the bike popped while "giving too much throttle" at the light whilst putting away there cell phone, doesn't deserve to put other loved ones live's down the crapper.

I can go on and on, but I will say this. Get a 250cc or any other bike as a matter of fact that is not a supersport. Get adequate gear. By that I mean jacket, boots, gloves at least. I wear full leather suit etc.

You say you want to stretch the bike etc and you then go on to say you know nothing about motorcycles.

Take it from an 18 year old, and go learn something besides "stretching it so it won't stand up again". How about you get rid of it so it won't stand up again?
Get out of this thread you idiot.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 10:34 AM   #52
oneintheory
no longer a BMW owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Ford Edge Sport

Quote:
Okay, so I have not read through the whole thread so feel free to correct me, but is it correct you have dirt riding experience and a little bit of experience with a 600cc and decided to get a 1000cc supersport?

If yes, I would suggest your wife to get a divorce. Harsh some might say, but any lunatic who gets a 1000cc as "their" first bike even if they have "ridden 600cc before" and then wonders why the bike popped while "giving too much throttle" at the light whilst putting away there cell phone, doesn't deserve to put other loved ones live's down the crapper.

I can go on and on, but I will say this. Get a 250cc or any other bike as a matter of fact that is not a supersport. Get adequate gear. By that I mean jacket, boots, gloves at least. I wear full leather suit etc.

You say you want to stretch the bike etc and you then go on to say you know nothing about motorcycles.

Take it from an 18 year old, and go learn something besides "stretching it so it won't stand up again". How about you get rid of it so it won't stand up again?
People don't really take anything from 18 year olds except their car keys and cell phones for misbehaving.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 10:35 AM   #53
jaiman
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
And thousands of people get killed on it by looping even on 600's as well. If they had lowered it and extended it, would they still be alive?
And if they drove cars they could never loop.

The point is, you don't have the skills to handle a liter bike. You have a couple of options. The first, and best, is to develop those skills. This will take time, practice and a more forgiving bike. The other option is to modify the bike so that you can ride it. One of those options will make you a motorcyclist, the other makes you a poser.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 10:39 AM   #54
MTV
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, Volvo S60R

Just take it easy and learn to ride it as is. Don't bother with lowering it or making it any longer. Practice, practice, practice. . .
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 10:55 AM   #55
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
And if they drove cars they could never loop.

The point is, you don't have the skills to handle a liter bike. You have a couple of options. The first, and best, is to develop those skills. This will take time, practice and a more forgiving bike. The other option is to modify the bike so that you can ride it. One of those options will make you a motorcyclist, the other makes you a poser.
That makes perfect sense. I've been riding it every day for hours in the parking lot of the mall across the street from my house and I have been learning quite a bit. I learned not to ever be in a hurry and never be distracted. I understand this is not a forgiving bike and I have much to learn. The thing is if I were to trade in the bike I would be losing more money getting a smaller bike than modifying the one I have now.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 10:56 AM   #56
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTV View Post
Just take it easy and learn to ride it as is. Don't bother with lowering it or making it any longer. Practice, practice, practice. . .
Best advice yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 12:48 PM   #57
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

I don't know, dude. While I respect the fact that you seem like a sensible guy and that you got a great deal on your ride, what it comes down to in the end is I'm an experienced motorcycle rider and you're not.

I could easily accidentally injur/kill myself on a liter bike, let alone you. No offense, I really don't want to sound like an ass, but like I said in my prior post, this getoff is going to happen again. It will jsut take a slight bit of wrist around a corner, or on an on-ramp, or hell, at a stop light for that tire to kick itself out and you be eating cement again. it's not about you, it's about the machine. It's like giving a 5'0" Asian woman who just got her license a Lamborghini Murcielago and telling her "just practice and you'll be fine". No way, she's going to crash it. Same thing will happen here.

I help run one of the largest motorcycling communities in the Northwest, and I see literally dozens of new riders die each year. I just hope for your family you're not one of them.

I still say sell it and get a smaller bike. But you are you, and you make your decisions, so if you don't want to take the advice of so many people here, educated or not, then so be it. Best of luck and be careful with your throttle hand. I hope you mature in your riding and end up loving this sport.
      01-22-2010, 01:16 PM   #58
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec 1 View Post
I don't know, dude. While I respect the fact that you seem like a sensible guy and that you got a great deal on your ride, what it comes down to in the end is I'm an experienced motorcycle rider and you're not.

I could easily accidentally injur/kill myself on a liter bike, let alone you. No offense, I really don't want to sound like an ass, but like I said in my prior post, this getoff is going to happen again. It will jsut take a slight bit of wrist around a corner, or on an on-ramp, or hell, at a stop light for that tire to kick itself out and you be eating cement again. it's not about you, it's about the machine. It's like giving a 5'0" Asian woman who just got her license a Lamborghini Murcielago and telling her "just practice and you'll be fine". No way, she's going to crash it. Same thing will happen here.

I help run one of the largest motorcycling communities in the Northwest, and I see literally dozens of new riders die each year. I just hope for your family you're not one of them.

I still say sell it and get a smaller bike. But you are you, and you make your decisions, so if you don't want to take the advice of so many people here, educated or not, then so be it. Best of luck and be careful with your throttle hand. I hope you mature in your riding and end up loving this sport.
I completely understand where you are coming from and truthfully I just placed the bike on craigslist for sale. My wifey sat down with me and told me how she felt. I am actually going to try to sell it locally and if that doesn't work out I might take it back to the dealer. When it comes down to it, it really is too dangerous. I'll stick with jet skiing and ATVing.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 01:17 PM   #59
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
wow wassup with the defensive mode. well if you really want to know, i'll just let you have it.

1. Not wearing proper gear...fail enjoy your rash
2. Newb starting on a liter...fail this is not a big penis contest (and don't argue about the dirt bike, its 2 completely different beast with completely different handling characteristics and power bands)
3. Talking on the phone especially not on BT...fail its not that expansive for a BT set.
4. If you think frame sliders are guna protect you...fail they do min protection to your fairings only and only in a low speed lowside or a simple drop.
5. Lowering and extending your bike...EPIC FAIL. Hey this is not pinks, no1 is drag racing you, don't blame the bike cuz you were a dumbass. Do you even know the amount of money and work that has to go in a bike to lower it and extend it, not to mention resale value? More importantly, do you know what happens to the handling of a bike once you do that? It will handle like elephant shit on unicycle. Its like saying hey this Lambo is always spining out on me, let me weld 2 bars with training wheels to its sides, ya this outa fix my car's "problem". You want to put a parachute on that bad boy too in case you go too fast?
I mean I understand if you pulled that argument to bullshit your wife into letting you keep the bike, but if you are really thinking about doing that...o God, fucking Florida.

You know what you could buy to make the bike safer and not wheelie when not intended, buy some lessons and buy a 600. Get some real street bike lessons, and get the hell off the phone. its a complete different world from the dirt bike and you better get use to it.

And to whoever that said his wife should divorce him, man you should take a spoon and spoon out some of your brain and examine it under the sun to make sure its not expired dumbass.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #60
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
edit: Damn, samwoo beat me to it. Okay, constructively... move to AT MOST a 600cc supersport, lowering and extending the bike will take away the tendency to pop up, but it will kill your manuverability, which is bad. You should be able to control the throttle while you are half asleep before you take that bike into traffic. You are going to make one SMALL move, blip the throttle, and on your bike, it will kill you and possibly the person that your bike slides into.

Do yourself a favor and get some leathers, that is really on you and I could care less if you f yourself up, so that is more of a suggestion.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 01:31 PM   #61
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Selling your bike is a good decision. You can get a new 250cc or 500cc for <5K and learn to ride really well before moving to a litre bike. It will be 100x more fun to ride that way anyway.

My little brother is wanting a litre bike as his first bike He just doesn't get it when I say he shouldn't. Hell I am experienced and I still can scare the crap out of myself on a 600.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 01:52 PM   #62
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwoo2go View Post
wow wassup with the defensive mode. well if you really want to know, i'll just let you have it.

1. Not wearing proper gear...fail enjoy your rash
2. Newb starting on a liter...fail this is not a big penis contest (and don't argue about the dirt bike, its 2 completely different beast with completely different handling characteristics and power bands)
3. Talking on the phone especially not on BT...fail its not that expansive for a BT set.
4. If you think frame sliders are guna protect you...fail they do min protection to your fairings only and only in a low speed lowside or a simple drop.
5. Lowering and extending your bike...EPIC FAIL. Hey this is not pinks, no1 is drag racing you, don't blame the bike cuz you were a dumbass. Do you even know the amount of money and work that has to go in a bike to lower it and extend it, not to mention resale value? More importantly, do you know what happens to the handling of a bike once you do that? It will handle like elephant shit on unicycle. Its like saying hey this Lambo is always spining out on me, let me weld 2 bars with training wheels to its sides, ya this outa fix my car's "problem". You want to put a parachute on that bad boy too in case you go too fast?
I mean I understand if you pulled that argument to bullshit your wife into letting you keep the bike, but if you are really thinking about doing that...o God, fucking Florida.

You know what you could buy to make the bike safer and not wheelie when not intended, buy some lessons and buy a 600. Get some real street bike lessons, and get the hell off the phone. its a complete different world from the dirt bike and you better get use to it.

And to whoever that said his wife should divorce him, man you should take a spoon and spoon out some of your brain and examine it under the sun to make sure its not expired dumbass.
You were trying to be slick instead of being real. I wanted constructive criticism to better knowledge myself. Somehow it's very hard to do that on the internet without someone having a smart remark.
1. The gear was my fault. I was hasty to realize I would be ok being in a parking lot.
2. I learned how to drive (16) on a Dodge Viper and I was perfectly fine; it was also my first car. I have very good self control so I figured I would be as well.
3. The phone was completely my fault.
4. I don't think the sliders will be protecting me. I want to protect the fairings when I drop the bike again.
5. I wanted to lower and extend so the bike wouldn't come up on me again. I was trying to get educated responses and constructive criticism from fellow enthusiasts. Not to be bashed. Again, I will not be racing on this bike nor will I be doing stunts.

I did not mean to insult you nor others. If someone gives a smart remark, I will give one back.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 01:54 PM   #63
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
edit: Damn, samwoo beat me to it. Okay, constructively... move to AT MOST a 600cc supersport, lowering and extending the bike will take away the tendency to pop up, but it will kill your manuverability, which is bad. You should be able to control the throttle while you are half asleep before you take that bike into traffic. You are going to make one SMALL move, blip the throttle, and on your bike, it will kill you and possibly the person that your bike slides into.

Do yourself a favor and get some leathers, that is really on you and I could care less if you f yourself up, so that is more of a suggestion.
I'll keep this in mind if I decide to keep it.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 02:09 PM   #64
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTV View Post
Get out of this thread you idiot.
why because I was harsh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneintheory View Post
People don't really take anything from 18 year olds except their car keys and cell phones for misbehaving.
Further signifies that you too have a bit to learn. It's like saying to someone who jumps in an f-16, practice, practice, practice. If you don't see anything wrong with that, then you should get yourself checked.

Complete amatures.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 02:23 PM   #65
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

Quote:
why because I was harsh?

Further signifies that you too have a bit to learn. It's like saying to someone who jumps in an f-16, practice, practice, practice. If you don't see anything wrong with that, then you should get yourself checked.

Complete amatures.
1. You came into the thread boasting about the experience you have and further assumed as much of me being killed. That's more than rash while being much younger than most of the members here. Instead of giving educational insight you further bashed me.

2. You spelled amateur wrong.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 03:21 PM   #66
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

Quote:
Selling your bike is a good decision. You can get a new 250cc or 500cc for <5K and learn to ride really well before moving to a litre bike. It will be 100x more fun to ride that way anyway..
This. I think you should try out riding because it's an absolutely incredible sport, I just think you should do it correctly. Buy a Suzuki SV650 or Kawasaki 650R (Both are WAAAY safer than a Supersport 600cc but still much quicker than most sport cars) to learn on. After a couple years or 10,000+ miles then upgrade to a 600cc Supersport, and again, another 10-20,000 miles you can upgrade to a liter if you so feel. I have 45,000+ legit street miles under my belt and I still ride a 636cc supersport. It's got way more power than I can use on the street.

Quote:
Hell I am experienced and I still can scare the crap out of myself on a 600.
Right? I am dangerously fast on my 636cc, quicker than most with 1000ccs simply because I learned to ride mine well.

Quote:
2. You spelled amateur wrong.