BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

12-23-2008, 09:26 AM   #1
ysv
Private
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

New thread about exhaust systems

Consider that it could be interesting for some

First, I want to say that i have already read nearly all topics about exhaust systems, but i want you to help me choose

What i want?
For some time i want to stay with stock ECU managment, so taking into consideration this fact, how many cats i can get rid off? I consider that two last ones can be wasted, am i right? Or i can get rid off all with no problem for the engine and ECU, and there will be no checks flashing?

I do not like the look of one big mufler type stock exhaust, so I'd prefer separate muflers instead. Remus exhaust muflers seem and look quite nice, but Remus provide only the muflers, and i want full exhaust system from first two cats(or from headers).

For now, Iam not that crazy about the weight (frankly speaking - crazy, but more crazy about the amount of money they ask for such systems), so any material will suit.

So what would you recomend?

p.s. if the desired system could be purchased separetly, that would have been perfect

Thank for your comments, recomendations and answers in advance.
      12-23-2008, 11:59 AM   #2
ChinoOrtega
Captain
Guatemala
Rep
Drives: 991 C2S

eisenmann race or sport with AA connecting pipes, that's what I'm going for, I think it's the best you can get
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 12:02 PM   #3
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoOrtega View Post
eisenmann race or sport with AA connecting pipes, that's what I'm going for, I think it's the best you can get
+1 !! Iīve owned both the Race and Sport version of Remus. They sound great, but that drone!!!!!
      12-23-2008, 12:41 PM   #4
pittsy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez...E92 M3

I have the Remus Race and the drone is fine with me, I have no problems with it. I also drive on the freeway a lot. Im actually looking into making it a little bit louder.
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black | Bamboo | 6MT | 18s | 5% tint | No iDrive | Heated Seats | V1 hardwire | ///M Alu Pedals | Matte Black Grills | Painted Reflectors | CF Roundels | GP Thunder 8500k | Remus Race Exhaust | VMR V701 18s Matte Black
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 12:47 PM   #5
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsy View Post
I have the Remus Race and the drone is fine with me, I have no problems with it. I also drive on the freeway a lot. Im actually looking into making it a little bit louder.
Louder??? Hahaha!! Great!! Donīt get me wrong, I absolutely love the sound, but yes, the drone does bother me especially on tripos over 1 hours. I certainly like it better than stock despite the drone and really have no way to compare to other aftermarket exhausts as I have not listed to any in person.
      12-23-2008, 12:53 PM   #6
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS, 964, Raptor

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [7.90]
borla.
      12-23-2008, 01:27 PM   #7
kyoshozx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
+1 !! Iīve owned both the Race and Sport version of Remus. They sound great, but that drone!!!!!
What exhaust do you currently have now?
      12-23-2008, 06:31 PM   #8
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoshozx View Post
What exhaust do you currently have now?
I think the Race is still on there, but in the next couple of weeks it will be the RD Sport exhaust.
      12-23-2008, 06:36 PM   #9
BimmerRob08
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray

Interesting, I was about to post the same question in a few weeks because I'm also interested in a new exhaust system. Keep the info flow going, I'm interested in what everyone has to say and their experiances with different exhaust systems.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 07:35 PM   #10
doba_s
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 l Cayenne l 997.2RS

I would go with Eisenmann Race or Sport + AA pipes ... Or full AA system ...
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2008, 08:02 AM   #11
sge92
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

The Milltek system is apparently available now but I am still waiting to hear sound clips.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2008, 11:48 AM   #12
ChinoOrtega
Captain
Guatemala
Rep
Drives: 991 C2S

I'm installing my new eisenmann race, I have deleted both the resonators and sec cats, that thing is going to scream!!!!!! will post a vid after the holidays.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2008, 01:58 PM   #13
sard
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Isn't it illegal to remove your cats? I remember there was a very large fine if you were caught. Also does ur exhaust sound very raspy if you remove your cats?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2008, 02:03 PM   #14
RedlineMotorworks
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6.2L F-150 Raptor

The AA system would definitely fit the bill.

For those who are crazy about weight, the Vorsteiner is one of the lightest systems on the market (17 pounds vs. 55 pounds).

Feel free to contact us for a quote.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2008, 02:50 PM   #15
Ron@Modbargains
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996TT/ae86

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
I think the Race is still on there, but in the next couple of weeks it will be the RD Sport exhaust.
RD is great choice it sounds mean.

Have you been in an Eisenmann? I've been in both - and the drone is louder with the Eisenmann acutally it was pretty annoying on the freeway. The remus drones a bit but no where near as much. Eisenmann builds a great product and I like their stuff, on the E46 M3 it made me many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doba_s View Post
I would go with Eisenmann Race or Sport + AA pipes ... Or full AA system ...
The AA system is very agressive well made. They really hit the right tone there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightie View Post
borla.
No offense to Borla or to anyone who has it. Have you heard it? Recently saw one and made me cringe. It makes an M3 sound like a mustang. They missed the mark on this one, they know how to build products but they really missed it, and made the M3 sound like an american V8. So if you want to go that way I guess you could.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 04:20 AM   #16
ysv
Private
Russian Federation
Rep

What do you think about Supersprint system? As far as i saw some youtube short vids, i should say i kind of like it. Its quite, looks nice, and i can get the full, header back system... The price tag also fit my budget. But there are some options, please help me find the best for me:

- mufflers sport or race (considering that i dont want it to be loud, think that i should go with sport ones)?
- x-pipe with or without resonators (again, considering the loudness, better stay with the resonators)?
- if i will purchase the system separately, not all at one time, i wiil probably face sawing?
- after instalation of the whole system, will i have to alter the stock ecu managing program(dont want to do that)?
      12-25-2008, 10:07 PM   #17
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron************ View Post

Have you been in an Eisenmann? I've been in both - and the drone is louder with the Eisenmann acutally it was pretty annoying on the freeway. The remus drones a bit but no where near as much. Eisenmann builds a great product and I like their stuff, on the E46 M3 it made me many times.

The AA system is very agressive well made. They really hit the right tone there.

No offense to Borla or to anyone who has it. Have you heard it? Recently saw one and made me cringe. It makes an M3 sound like a mustang. They missed the mark on this one, they know how to build products but they really missed it, and made the M3 sound like an american V8. So if you want to go that way I guess you could.
No never heard any other exhaust but the Remus Sport and Race. Good to hear that they donīt drone as much as some other exhaust systems.
      12-26-2008, 03:39 AM   #18
ysv
Private
Russian Federation
Rep

Come on, help me deside! I am very much intrested in what will happen with the stock ecu managment... Will it work properly if i will remove stock exhaust system and install SS one with cats? (without cats?)
      12-26-2008, 03:47 AM   #19
spyderco10
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron************ View Post

Perhaps, but it is bolt on, full 304 stainless, good looking, lightweight-34lbs, AND the least expensive of any other exhaust for the E92 M3. Very hard to top.
- John 3:16
Appreciate 0