BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

05-21-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
m3dude
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 DCT e92 m3, Subaru Legacy

Pricing Help

Hey all,

Looking at a 2010 e92 m3 with 69k miles. It is one owner, clean, excellent condition.

Options are:
Navigation, Back-up Sensors, Leather, 19 Alloy Wheels, Power Seats, Heated Seats, CD-Changer, Aftermarket DINAN exhaust, DCT, Premium sound etc. CF ROOF

What would be a fair price for this?

This is a reputable dealer, should I still get a pre purchase inspection? Can I do this without actually going to the dealer?

What would be the best way to buy this car as I live 14 hours away?
Thanks. your help is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #2
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dude View Post
Hey all,

Looking at a 2010 e92 m3 with 69k miles. It is one owner, clean, excellent condition.

Options are:
Navigation, Back-up Sensors, Leather, 19 Alloy Wheels, Power Seats, Heated Seats, CD-Changer, Aftermarket DINAN exhaust, DCT, Premium sound etc. CF ROOF

What would be a fair price for this?

This is a reputable dealer, should I still get a pre purchase inspection? Can I do this without actually going to the dealer?

What would be the best way to buy this car as I live 14 hours away?
Thanks. your help is appreciated.

Price: You need to compare the cars price with similar cars. Not just BMWs, but other competitive brands. Look at CARS.com, Autotrader, Craigslist and the used cars section of the BMWNA website. I recommend you look at cars nationwide not just locally. Once you've done this homework, you'll develop a feel for the fair market price of this car and you'll become a better negotiator.

Warranty: Does the car come with extended warranty (CPO) and or extended maintenance? How long does the warranty last? Check the in service date of the car and from that you'll know how long you have left on the warranty.

Pre-purchase inspection: Is this a BMW dealer? If so you don't need it. If not, you should get it done by a BMW dealer or someone you trust. Examine the CARFAX to see what the history of the car is. Go to a BMW dealer with the VIN. If he likes you, he'll give you a another history on the car.
You should decide whether or not you want the car first. Then you need to convince the seller of that. And then, get the seller to bring it to the inspector of your choice. You might want to tell the seller you're willing to pay him to get it done.

Can you do this without going to the dealer: Yes.
If, as you say, this is a reputable dealer then, I take it, you are talking to someone you trust. That's very important. Once, from the above research, you've become convinced this is the car you want, your final step is to make sure that person knows (1) you are ready to close the deal and (2) he or she is your eyes on this deal and that you are depending on their judgement and help.

I pretty much followed these steps on a car I only saw on the internet. I still have it and still like it. But it wasn't an M3 so, because of it's reputation as a hot rod, I recommend you be thorough in your approach.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #3
m3dude
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 DCT e92 m3, Subaru Legacy

Thanks a lot for the advice. It will help a lot as I go through the process, as this is all new to me. I feel much more confident now. Thanks again!
Appreciate 0