BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

05-29-2013, 10:29 PM   #1
CDM3DCT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jet Black M3 DCT

Is it me or...

Are more e-46's cruising the streets of the DMV region? Just tonight ive seen about 15 of them. I swear one of the drivers looked like ted kaczynski.

And...

Do people just randomly start talking to you about cars when you get out of your M? I had my car lowered on KW sleeve kit by Clem (flawless job I must say and excellent price- he knows his stuff and I highly recommend!) last week and decided to drive it a bit more over the weekend. Well a guy in a genesis went out of his way to come talk to me about how he plans on supercharging his car and run it on the track. This would have been great if i wasn't out on a date at the time. Another guy in a STi randomly decided to tell me he beat a few e-92's and followed it up with "those new 6 cylinder engines really suck"... SMH Epic fail for the tool but I decided to laugh it off. I did let him know that the new M4 will have a turbocharged V8 and he agreed that it might end up beating him lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 10:38 PM   #2
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

I had many run-ins with sti. Sti drivers feel their cars are not beatable so every time I pull on them hard, they keep coming back with a shocked look on their face. it's priceless for me. Same thing with Porsche drivers.
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
Jamerikan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskm3 View Post
I had many run-ins with sti. Sti drivers feel their cars are not beatable so every time I pull on them hard, they keep coming back with a shocked look on their face. it's priceless for me. Same thing with Porsche drivers.
Depends on what Porsche. If I was driving a NA 911 and you pulled hard on me I would be surprised too - maybe it's b/c you have the supercharger

I had a 991 and had a tough time pulling hard on an S2000 once and heck yea I was surprised...it all comes down to the driver, driving condition and what's really under the hood.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #4
Jamerikan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM3DCT View Post
Are more e-46's cruising the streets of the DMV region? Just tonight ive seen about 15 of them. I swear one of the drivers looked like ted kaczynski.

And...

Do people just randomly start talking to you about cars when you get out of your M? I had my car lowered on KW sleeve kit by Clem (flawless job I must say and excellent price- he knows his stuff and I highly recommend!) last week and decided to drive it a bit more over the weekend. Well a guy in a genesis went out of his way to come talk to me about how he plans on supercharging his car and run it on the track. This would have been great if i wasn't out on a date at the time. Another guy in a STi randomly decided to tell me he beat a few e-92's and followed it up with "those new 6 cylinder engines really suck"... SMH Epic fail for the tool but I decided to laugh it off. I did let him know that the new M4 will have a turbocharged V8 and he agreed that it might end up beating him lol.
Yes, E46s have now become more affordable to purchase. In my neighborhood many of the high school kids drive E46 M3s.

I had a buddy who just bought a new Evo and swore his car was faster...especially, since Jeremy Clarkson said his car was better around the Top Gear track than many - which is true. Once he drove my E90 M3, he had nothing but praises for the car
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2013, 09:32 AM   #5
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

2003 cars are now within reach of high school and college aged wannabe racers
Appreciate 0