BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

EXXEL Distributions

07-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
N1COM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: LMB E92

Bimmerfest 2013 Experience

This was my first time going to Bimmerfest. It was a pretty cool experience. I got some ideas for my E92 after seeing some stuff on other cars. I saw some things that people did to their cars that were pretty awesome and some cars made me think, "why would you do that?!" Lol. Then again, my car is all stock except for some common cosmetic mods.

The caravan from Norfolk, VA would be awesome to be with if my gf didn't want to pull over to the restroom every 20mins. Lol. I heard that it got a little hectic between the Dale City rest area to Ikea.

How was your bimmerfest experience? First time? If not, did you think the previous years were better? Post some pics! I didn't take much while I was there. I'll post what I have when I get to a computer.

Sorry if there's a thread already on this.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Was there a lot of traffic? Or you guys were the traffic? Lol
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #3
CDM3DCT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jet Black M3 DCT

It's my second year going, this time I actually went early rather than late. I didn't caravan, I chose to meet up with friends in Baltimore and drive in with them. The drive up was nice although at times it got a little crazy when I came across a few others headed to the show aswell. The ride back was hell, traffic was stop and go. If it wasn't for the heat or the traffic the experience would have been better. However, I still had a good time. It's always good times running into Sal and the crew at ACM and the guys at RRT.

Reading your experience reminds me a lot of my experience last year. I had a stock e92 with plans for eiback springs and some competition wheels. Today I'm dropped on KW sleeve kit, 20' BBS LM-Rs, challenge lip, etc... With plans for an ESS kit next spring. Lol when you get the bug, it never goes away.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #4
N1COM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
Was there a lot of traffic? Or you guys were the traffic? Lol
lol, when I was with the caravan, it was little hard to keep the group together. I'm sure we pissed people off driving by. Traffic wasn't too bad though. At least going there it wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM3DCT View Post
Reading your experience reminds me a lot of my experience last year. I had a stock e92 with plans for eiback springs and some competition wheels. Today I'm dropped on KW sleeve kit, 20' BBS LM-Rs, challenge lip, etc... With plans for an ESS kit next spring. Lol when you get the bug, it never goes away.
ha, yeah after talking to the "suspension" guy at the VAC tent, I want to upgrade my car now.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #5
Tonk
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Econobox

I've been going to Bimmerfest East since the mid 2000's (it has previously been in Pittsburgh, New York, New Hampshire, Connecticut, etc) minus the few years that it didn't happen towards the late 2000's. I feel like 2013 was the largest showing since it moved to Aberdeen in 2011. In previous years I always got there early and waited in a huge line to get in. This year I got there around 11:45am and got in in about five minutes haha.

The one issue I have is that so many non-BMWs were parked in the "show area." I know that parking was basically first come first serve, and parking was not marked off, but I still feel like the non-BMW owners/drivers should have been respectful and parked on the far end of the parking lot. As nice as the 2JZ RX-7, Accord on air and VS-XX wheels, stanced Civic, etc were, they still don't belong in the middle of a BMW show.
      07-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #6
N1COM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I know what you mean about the non-BMW cars. There was no shortage of BMWs though! They should've at least had a separate area.

IMO I think the MD area was far enough for me. I think if was further, I don't think it would be worth it to me. Plus being that I was the only one in the car that can drive stick, you can image how tiring it can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonk View Post
I've been going to Bimmerfest East since the mid 2000's (it has previously been in Pittsburgh, New York, New Hampshire, Connecticut, etc) minus the few years that it didn't happen towards the late 2000's. I feel like 2013 was the largest showing since it moved to Aberdeen in 2011. In previous years I always got there early and waited in a huge line to get in. This year I got there around 11:45am and got in in about five minutes haha.

The one issue I have is that so many non-BMWs were parked in the "show area." I know that parking was basically first come first serve, and parking was not marked off, but I still feel like the non-BMW owners/drivers should have been respectful and parked on the far end of the parking lot. As nice as the 2JZ RX-7, Accord on air and VS-XX wheels, stanced Civic, etc were, they still don't belong in the middle of a BMW show.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #7
CDM3DCT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jet Black M3 DCT

I agree about the non-BMWs however I feel that the show is more vendor orientated than actually looking at the other vehicles (which I don't have a problem with at all). This year, my time was mostly consumed looking at the different FI systems different companies had. I was also very impressed with the mode carbon goodies.

MPact is more of that type of meet that you walk around and see what other people have IMO.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 03:15 AM   #8
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

i missed it. i heard it was pretty rocking.
Appreciate 0