BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

11-20-2014, 10:06 AM   #23
NoynuR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BSM M4 CSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedE93
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoynuR View Post
Thanks for all the help regarding that! Great info So what brands are primarily the best for full x pipes?
You're very welcome! The two most popular seem to be turner motorsports and macht schnell. I would say they are equal in quality and pricing so you can't really go wrong with either or.
But if I wanted to spend the extra dough and go complete full exhaust what brands are popular and have the best sound to go with the eisenmann
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 10:10 AM   #24
WickedE93
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: White E93 M3

Quote:
But if I wanted to spend the extra dough and go complete full exhaust what brands are popular and have the best sound to go with the eisenmann
Challenge seems to be popular, I recently heard and seen the Macht Schnell x-pipe at EAS and it's an awesome piece for the money, personally if I was going to spend the extra dough I'd go with the Gintani x-pipe because it moves the x higher up like the MRF pipe (unicorn pipe that's insanely hard to get a hold of since it was discontinued) and gives you the most gains of all x-pipes especially if you ever plan on supercharging and it sounds great.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 10:37 AM   #25
NoynuR
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedE93 View Post
Challenge seems to be popular, I recently heard and seen the Macht Schnell x-pipe at EAS and it's an awesome piece for the money, personally if I was going to spend the extra dough I'd go with the Gintani x-pipe because it moves the x higher up like the MRF pipe (unicorn pipe that's insanely hard to get a hold of since it was discontinued) and gives you the most gains of all x-pipes especially if you ever plan on supercharging and it sounds great.
Gosh.. Mrf i wish they didnt discontinue that whole exhaust i was ready to drop some cash. I'll need to check out the Gintani x pipe, Now the questions i have are High flows or catless setup?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 11:38 AM   #26
WickedE93
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Gosh.. Mrf i wish they didnt discontinue that whole exhaust i was ready to drop some cash. I'll need to check out the Gintani x pipe, Now the questions i have are High flows or catless setup?
I know what you mean brother, it was a gorgeous setup! it's going to be up to you. If you don't mind a little bit of smell catless is way to go because you get some burble and backfire that isn't possible with cats but if you're really sensitive to gas fumes you can get high flow cats to keep the smell in check and you don't really lose too much performance. Both setups would trigger a check engine light and you would need either a tune or a akrapovic delete-R to get rid of it.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 11:43 AM   #27
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
It depends. Mine is full catless and you can definitely smell it (which I like). So it's really up to you. FYI, I'm running ACM test pipes ($300 or so bucks), and went to an exhaust shop to chop off my secondary cats and replace it with straight pipes (S60). Sounds absolutely amazing with Eisenmann Race.

I can't stress this enough though, make sure you have at least 1 set of resonators and do go full blown race X-pipe. It'll be too raspy
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 11:46 AM   #28
WickedE93
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
It depends. Mine is full catless and you can definitely smell it (which I like). So it's really up to you. FYI, I'm running ACM test pipes ($300 or so bucks), and went to an exhaust shop to chop off my secondary cats and replace it with straight pipes (S60). Sounds absolutely amazing with Eisenmann Race.

I can't stress this enough though, make sure you have at least 1 set of resonators and do go full blown race X-pipe. It'll be too raspy
W/// knows what he is talking about He's the reason I went with my exhaust setup
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 12:10 PM   #29
NoynuR
Captain
United_States
Rep

How bad are the gas fumes.. like can you smell it through your car (dont get headaches often but when i do they are bad migraines..) Last time i had a full exhaust it was on my 2010 Camaro Ss and i went with hi flow cats, i dont mind the check engine light cause ill probably do a tune to set up for the future Supercharger
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 12:40 PM   #30
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
W/// knows what he is talking about He's the reason I went with my exhaust setup
Oh cool, I had no idea. Well glad I could have helped, went through so many setups before finding this one and wouldn't change a damn thing now

Quote:
How bad are the gas fumes.. like can you smell it through your car (dont get headaches often but when i do they are bad migraines..) Last time i had a full exhaust it was on my 2010 Camaro Ss and i went with hi flow cats, i dont mind the check engine light cause ill probably do a tune to set up for the future Supercharger
Oh no, nothing like that. I drive with the windows down a hell of a lot, and the only times I smell the exhaust is when I'm reversing out of the garage (I mean how often are you driving in reverse anyway), or maybe if I'm sitting at the light and the wind shifts or something. But with windows up, I definitely cannot tell. The car is really well insulated.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 02:22 PM   #31
WickedE93
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh cool, I had no idea. Well glad I could have helped, went through so many setups before finding this one and wouldn't change a damn thing now

Oh no, nothing like that. I drive with the windows down a hell of a lot, and the only times I smell the exhaust is when I'm reversing out of the garage (I mean how often are you driving in reverse anyway), or maybe if I'm sitting at the light and the wind shifts or something. But with windows up, I definitely cannot tell. The car is really well insulated.
Still debating on deleting my secondaries, what would you say this did for your exhaust at both low and high rpms? I mean as in tones and volume?
Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 02:51 PM   #32
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Still debating on deleting my secondaries, what would you say this did for your exhaust at both low and high rpms? I mean as in tones and volume?
Thanks,
I honestly have no idea. I chopped those secondaries off when I had the Borla S-type because it was too quiet for my taste. Chopping off those secondaries increased the volume just a little bit (this was 2 years ago, so my memory is a little fuzzy).

Originally, I was going to install 2 more resonators because I thought full catless Eisenmann Race would be too loud, but as soon as I heard it for the first time, I decided to keep the setup as is. To delete the secondaries is a pretty cheap job for the exhaust shops to do, so I figure why not. But then again, you'll have to deal with the smell, which like I said I don't mind.

Btw, this sounds almost identical to my car (minus the supercharger)
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 04:20 PM   #33
NoynuR
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I honestly have no idea. I chopped those secondaries off when I had the Borla S-type because it was too quiet for my taste. Chopping off those secondaries increased the volume just a little bit (this was 2 years ago, so my memory is a little fuzzy).

Originally, I was going to install 2 more resonators because I thought full catless Eisenmann Race would be too loud, but as soon as I heard it for the first time, I decided to keep the setup as is. To delete the secondaries is a pretty cheap job for the exhaust shops to do, so I figure why not. But then again, you'll have to deal with the smell, which like I said I don't mind.

Btw, this sounds almost identical to my car (minus the supercharger)
That video is the reason i fell in love with this setup and have been activly searching and researching. I Honestly think this set up is perfect. Just trying to find a reasonable Priced eisenmann race and also the X pipe. If i do go with a challenge what do you recommend? street sport Race Race +
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 07:40 PM   #34
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
That video is the reason i fell in love with this setup and have been activly searching and researching. I Honestly think this set up is perfect. Just trying to find a reasonable Priced eisenmann race and also the X pipe. If i do go with a challenge what do you recommend? street sport Race Race +
I also chose my setup because of that video.

If Race+ is full race straight pipes, I'd advise against it.

Personally, my car is not a DD, nor do I have kids riding in the back seat. For me, I'd have no problems driving this car with a full catless setup cross country. Now if you are more sensitive to loud exhausts, then stick to maybe the sport one. BUt if you want a ridiculously good sounding exhaust like that video, go with the Race.

Like I said in my previous post, whatever you do, just make sure it has a set of resonators. Apart from that, you don't need anything else.
Appreciate 1
      11-25-2014, 09:07 PM   #35
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
Come on dude, not only does your car look amazing, I'm now incredibly obsessed with the sound.

Forget the F82 I'm getting an E93 next and hooking it up with some test pipes and eisenmann race! Good god!
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2014, 12:05 AM   #36
WickedE93
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
Come on dude, not only does your car look amazing, I'm now incredibly obsessed with the sound.

Forget the F82 I'm getting an E93 next and hooking it up with some test pipes and eisenmann race! Good god!
You just made my day brother! That's the coolest and nicest compliment I could have ever hoped for I wish you were out here in so-cal I'd be too happy to let you take it out for a spin! Definitely hope you get your E93 and love it as much as I love mine! It's truly a beautiful car with plenty of soul so I'm sure you will
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 06:34 AM   #37
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

You just made my day brother! That's the coolest and nicest compliment I could have ever hoped for I wish you were out here in so-cal I'd be too happy to let you take it out for a spin! Definitely hope you get your E93 and love it as much as I love mine! It's truly a beautiful car with plenty of soul so I'm sure you will
You are most welcome! All that hard work definitely deserves the compliments with how well it has all come together.

SoCal seems like THE place to be for car enthusiasts. Maybe one day I can relocate to the west! It would be a privilege to get to drive that monster!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 01:52 PM   #38
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

I actually went to Tech (class of 08) and my good buddy lives in Raleigh. So if I'm ever around, you're welcomed to hear the car in person. The videos really don't do the car justice, seriously.

P.S Last time I went back for a game in Oct, got a nice big ticket in the E92 in Christiansburg. Sons of btches.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 04:21 PM   #39
WickedE93
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You are most welcome! All that hard work definitely deserves the compliments with how well it has all come together.

SoCal seems like THE place to be for car enthusiasts. Maybe one day I can relocate to the west! It would be a privilege to get to drive that monster!
You're the man! Thanks again!

Hopefully you make it out here! I think it'll be home sweet home for you brother
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 04:28 PM   #40
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W///
Quote:

I actually went to Tech (class of 08) and my good buddy lives in Raleigh. So if I'm ever around, you're welcomed to hear the car in person. The videos really don't do the car justice, seriously.

P.S Last time I went back for a game in Oct, got a nice big ticket in the E92 in Christiansburg. Sons of btches.
What a small world! I went to wake forest but I'm here for medical school so I consider myself part hokie now haha. But absolutely let me know! I've always loved your car as well so seeing it in person (and especially hearing it) would be exciting for sure.

Sorry about the ticket! I've always heard Virginia is terrible so I try to take it easy here. Although that's much easier in my 328 compared to an M3 lol.
Appreciate 0