BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

12-28-2009, 01:18 AM   #67
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328077
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 01:32 AM   #68
Nater
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Briskly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Haha I knew I wasnt safe from a repost ...Really just wanted to let everyone know that it has been confirmed through the internal BMW dealer website as the 2011s can now be ordered for March production. I dont think anyone has really had actual confirmation on the ZCP though until now.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 02:05 AM   #69
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nater View Post
Haha I knew I wasnt safe from a repost ...Really just wanted to let everyone know that it has been confirmed through the internal BMW dealer website as the 2011s can now be ordered for March production. I dont think anyone has really had actual confirmation on the ZCP though until now.
Yeah, I wasn't really trying to say this was a repost. I was trying to give a link to another account with corroborating information.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 02:45 AM   #70
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Mark,

Any changes to the exhaust as part of the ZCP package?
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 08:35 AM   #71
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
You are probably right, I think EDC is probably part of the package, I just noticed that when you order the ZCP, EDC comes with it... so not sure which way it will be. Whichever way it is the Competition Package cars will all have EDC it appears. I apologize, like I said before I have very limited information at this time.

I also agree with you in the fact that some of their pricing on options is rediculous, and I am sure that however they decide to include the EDC, none of us will be getting it for free...
No need to apologize... my comment is towards BMW. Lately they have been combining options (for example, Individual Audio and Extended Leather requires iDrive) that do not have anything/technical dependency to do with the other option, just done to increase price.

Most probably it is part of the package if the comment about a "ZCP-tuned" EDC is true.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 10:25 AM   #72
Studntloan
Studntloan
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS / E30 M3

I'd rather pick up springs anD rims the way this is going
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 01:33 PM   #73
The J-Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Can you see any significant changes for the 2011 335 at this point in your system?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 05:17 PM   #74
Nater
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Briskly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The J-Man View Post
Can you see any significant changes for the 2011 335 at this point in your system?
Besides the obvious LCI changes, there do not appear to be any exciting changes for the coupe. The M Sport looks like it will be getting the same wheels with the style 193 standard and the style 225 as an upgrade. The sport package will be coming with a "V-Spoke" standard as well as a 19" upgrade too. I have no idea what these will look like. There is still no DCT for the 335 which is a bummer.

HOWEVER: There is an option for a 335is in convertible form only. This is is only availible in the M-Sport colors and has fewer options. As there are no wheel choices, I can only assume they will be 19s of some kind. On this model DCT WILL be availible as an option. I assume this model will get a bump in horsepower like the Z4 S Drive 35 is did as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 05:53 PM   #75
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
Mark,

Any changes to the exhaust as part of the ZCP package?
I wish!! I asked about this along with any potential hp increase and was told, definatively, "no".....for both. I trust this info implicitly. I'm negotiating for a few bits and pieces from the GTS but I suspect (for example my request for availabiltity of the GTS exhaust) will be denied because it's tied to the "GTS only" 4.4L motor rather than the the stock version. I'm still waiting to hear about the brakes. I can live without an upgraded exhaust...and brakes for that matter, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

As for you other guys complaining that the Comp. pkg will require the EDC.....I "thought" that my info regarding the EDC being reprogrammed for the new package would have given you a clue that EDC will be a mandatory option. Jeez.....just 'cause I'm Canadian.....gi'me a break!! I won't post ANYTHING here unless I know it's a fact.

So trust me.....and can I sell you a refridgerator for that igloo???
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 09:00 PM   #76
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post
I wish!! I asked about this along with any potential hp increase and was told, definatively, "no".....for both. I trust this info implicitly. I'm negotiating for a few bits and pieces from the GTS but I suspect (for example my request for availabiltity of the GTS exhaust) will be denied because it's tied to the "GTS only" 4.4L motor rather than the the stock version. I'm still waiting to hear about the brakes. I can live without an upgraded exhaust...and brakes for that matter, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

As for you other guys complaining that the Comp. pkg will require the EDC.....I "thought" that my info regarding the EDC being reprogrammed for the new package would have given you a clue that EDC will be a mandatory option. Jeez.....just 'cause I'm Canadian.....gi'me a break!! I won't post ANYTHING here unless I know it's a fact.

So trust me.....and can I sell you a refridgerator for that igloo???
Thanks for the info. One other question that I doubt you'll be able to answer definitively, but do you know if the "retuned" EDC sport setting can be retroactively programmed into M3s without ZCP?
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 01:06 AM   #77
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
Thanks for the info. One other question that I doubt you'll be able to answer definitively, but do you know if the "retuned" EDC sport setting can be retroactively programmed into M3s without ZCP?
You're welcome for the info brother but sorry, your last question I can't answer. FWIW, I'll ask for you when I get the chance. Everyone at M is still on holidays.

And for dark335i, no I'm not a BMW employee, just able to strike up a really great relationship with M Division - for a year now - while designing my new M3 with lots of Individual input. Since day one I've dealt directly with them (and was fortunate to actually meet face to face for a preliminary overview of what I wanted and what they were capable of producing) and it's been extremely informative. And very efficient because I get the answers and the advice that I need without the dealership getting involved. BMW Canada sometimes monitors our correspondence ("firmed up" specs from Germany are copied to them) because they'll have to prepare CDN pricing for the final product. So as good as my dealer is about "individual" stuff and product info, dealing with BMW directly has been the only way to go, particularly for new stuff like the Comp Pkg (a done deal) and whether or not I can raid the GTS parts bin for......well.....fingers are crossed, we'll see what they say!!

Regards, Mark
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 08:41 AM   #78
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

I would hazard a guess that the new EDC settings would not be retrofitable 100%. If for no other reason than that the Comp. package is suppose to come with a 10mm lowered suspension. This slight change in hardware may be enough to create a discrepancy.
      12-29-2009, 10:00 AM   #79
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
I would hazard a guess that the new EDC settings would not be retrofitable 100%. If for no other reason than that the Comp. package is suppose to come with a 10mm lowered suspension. This slight change in hardware may be enough to create a discrepancy.
That's one reason, the second reason is that BMW does not allow the coding of a feature that is not part of the Vehicle Order. So unless BMW comes with a full OEM retrofit it will not happen in any other way by OEM.

Now, that's something that Autologic could do if they have access to the new EDC coding and the EDC module is not changed as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 09:05 PM   #80
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
That's one reason, the second reason is that BMW does not allow the coding of a feature that is not part of the Vehicle Order. So unless BMW comes with a full OEM retrofit it will not happen in any other way by OEM.

Now, that's something that Autologic could do if they have access to the new EDC coding and the EDC module is not changed as well.
Thanks for the info, Technic. Is Autologic a vendor?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 10:47 AM   #81
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X3 M40i

So, is it fair to say that the new, March-production MY2011 M3 ZCP will likely consist of...

- EDC as a required addition, or included
- 19" GTS style wheels in Silver with standard staggered tire sizes (in other words wheels only changed)
- 1cm (0.4") lowered suspension with modified EDC "Sport" parameters, presumably leaving "Comfort" and "Normal" unchanged
- Possibly the option of selecting a "retro" color, I've heard Dakar Yellow but this was speculation based on that color being part of the M3 Edition offering

This is similar to what happened with the E46 M3 ZCP as I recall.

In addition as part of the LCI changes for MY2011 we will see LED rear tail lamps but is it fair to say not the revised headlights of the regular E92 coupe as that would require a new M3 bumper which is shared by all the E9x M3 variants?

The E46 M3 ZCP included a steering rack change and a brake upgrade. This far it seems that's not likely this time. Ditto on any engine tune and exhaust change, not likely this time.

It would seem that the E9x M3 ZCP will be a track or "competition" wheel/suspension package with a corresponding modification to the EDC.

No brake, exhaust, or power/tune upgrades. Maybe a restricted color choice although the order system didn't show it.

Good news is that this ZCP ought to cost less than it did for the E46. If the above assumptions are right.

Thoughts/comments?

I'm probably going ahead with my MY2010. I don't need, wouldn't use, and likely couldn't stand ZCP on our crappy roads. It's one of the reasons I didn't spec the 19" option already.
      12-30-2009, 11:03 AM   #82
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Rakete View Post
Good news is that this ZCP ought to cost less than it did for the E46. If the above assumptions are right.

Thoughts/comments?
Ummm... no, IMO. EDC+ alone will add at least $1000 to the $1200 of the 19" option plus the suspension tweaks, possibly a new steering wheel (the Performance Wheel without the electronic is a big possibility) and some alcantara bit in the interior.

I forsee a no less than $5000 ZCP...
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 11:31 AM   #83
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Ummm... no, IMO. EDC+ alone will add at least $1000 to the $1200 of the 19" option plus the suspension tweaks, possibly a new steering wheel (the Performance Wheel without the electronic is a big possibility) and some alcantara bit in the interior.

I forsee a no less than $5000 ZCP...
Yeah, I wasn't thinking, I was considering the EDC and 19"s a given because I'm thinking in terms of my car (no 19"s though). I think you're right, the price will approximate that of the E46 ZCP option, $4,500 I think it was.

As for Alcantara bits, no thanks there too. I can still pull the plug, my dealer is okay with it, but I'm seeing no reason to hold out for this. The one thing that might get my attention is beefier brakes but honestly I won't track this car anyway.
      12-30-2009, 12:55 PM   #84
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3

In my opinion our cars dont need to be dropped at all.
I actually got a compliment on the ride height from an E46 M3 owner the other day when i pulled up to the gym.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 01:39 PM   #85
duk
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92

Quote:
So, is it fair to say that the new, March-production MY2011 M3 ZCP will likely consist of...

- 19" GTS style wheels in Silver with standard staggered tire sizes (in other words wheels only changed)
- 1cm (0.4") lowered suspension with modified EDC "Sport" parameters, presumably leaving "Comfort" and "Normal" unchanged
- Possibly the option of selecting a "retro" color, I've heard Dakar Yellow but this was speculation based on that color being part of the M3 Edition offering

In addition as part of the LCI changes for MY2011 we will see LED rear tail lamps but is it fair to say not the revised headlights of the regular E92 coupe as that would require a new M3 bumper which is shared by all the E9x M3 variants?

The E46 M3 ZCP included a steering rack change and a brake upgrade. This far it seems that's not likely this time. Ditto on any engine tune and exhaust change, not likely this time.

It would seem that the E9x M3 ZCP will be a track or "competition" wheel/suspension package with a corresponding modification to the EDC.

No brake, exhaust, or power/tune upgrades. Maybe a restricted color choice although the order system didn't show it.

Thoughts/comments?

I'm probably going ahead with my MY2010. I don't need, wouldn't use, and likely couldn't stand ZCP on our crappy roads. It's one of the reasons I didn't spec the 19" option already.
oh wow very ineresting... will 6mt be an available for zcp?

if not upgraded brakes, then this isn't really a good deal for me personally... i'd hope somewhat of a brake upgrade too
      12-30-2009, 02:06 PM   #86
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Yes but unknown about special color(s), I'll ask.

Yes.

Correct.

It would seem that the E92 M3 ZCP will be a track or "competition" wheel/suspension package with a corresponding modification to the EDC.

Correct.

Correct, will find out about color(s).

Probably about the same as the Edition's were priced at, maybe slightly higher because of mandatory EDC as reasoned by the the last couple of posts.

Thoughts/comments?

Yes, 6MT will be available.

Mark
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 09:44 PM   #87
ucla1995
Slow and low
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Dude, the dealer with access to the BMW system already told us that the colors are the same for 2011 as with 2010, even for the Competiton Package. It's just another option package for the regular car. Of course you can always special order colors, but that's not new.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 10:19 PM   #88
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla1995 View Post
Dude, the dealer with access to the BMW system already told us that the colors are the same for 2011 as with 2010, even for the Competiton Package. It's just another option package for the regular car. Of course you can always special order colors, but that's not new.
Dude, I'll quote my own post further down...

"Maybe a restricted color choice although the order system didn't show it."

The discussion of Dakar Yellow came as a result of comments from someone in BMW Marketing. It was our interpretation of what was said (reference to the Edition cars) and maybe we read too much between the lines. As I noted it was speculation. I don't believe there will be any new colors either but I suspect that what DealerSpeed (CenterNet) shows for MY2011 is possibly not final. And while you can spec a car there aren't even March allocations yet, at least not for the dealer who is investigating this with me. Those won't be out until the latter part of January.