BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Steve Thomas BMW

05-02-2018, 01:15 PM   #155
Zugzwang
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d m sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
Who says it's not "on the top of the tray"?

$6 BILLION has to put it pretty close to the top, no?

http://thehill.com/opinion/healthcar...hould-spend-it
Damn. Thats a hefty number. Good to know. I hope its put to good use and i hope the epidemic comes to an end.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 02:38 PM   #156
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
I don't see #3 as a good alternative either:

IMO moving all gun sales through a FFL along with mandatory BK check is a start.

Then extending civil liability laws for existing owners whose weapons are "stolen" but not reported as such and used to commit a crimes.
I like it, basically I view gun rights as a public safety issue which we clearly have a problem with so, like cars or drugs or health care or commercial aviation, we need to regulate it in a real, impactful and meaningful way.

I agree with everything you said.

I'm a gun owner, but I have zero problems with heavy gun regulation. Switzerland has an automatic weapon in most people's homes and they have almost no problems because they have a bar for ownership and use.

My fear is these gun nuts are acting like hogs and while they're right that there's only a few bad eggs - some of which are kills kids - no-eggs starts looking like a better solution if the only alternative is no egg regulation whatsoever.
Switzerland has a fairly homogeneous population. IMO that has a larger impact on the lack of gun violence rather than the amount of or lack thereof gun regs

The US truly is the oppposite of that both ethnic and culturally.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 02:45 PM   #157
hooligan_clt
Captain
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zugzwang View Post
Damn. Thats a hefty number. Good to know. I hope its put to good use and i hope the epidemic comes to an end.
Yes, it's a big number. I think it's safe to say that the government isn't spending anywhere near that amount on gun regulation.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 02:47 PM   #158
///M4ster Yoda
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Quote:
I don't see #3 as a good alternative either:

IMO moving all gun sales through a FFL along with mandatory BK check is a start.

Then extending civil liability laws for existing owners whose weapons are "stolen" but not reported as such and used to commit a crimes.
I like it, basically I view gun rights as a public safety issue which we clearly have a problem with so, like cars or drugs or health care or commercial aviation, we need to regulate it in a real, impactful and meaningful way.

I agree with everything you said.

I'm a gun owner, but I have zero problems with heavy gun regulation. Switzerland has an automatic weapon in most people's homes and they have almost no problems because they have a bar for ownership and use.

My fear is these gun nuts are acting like hogs and while they're right that there's only a few bad eggs - some of which are kills kids - no-eggs starts looking like a better solution if the only alternative is no egg regulation whatsoever.
Switzerland has a fairly homogeneous population. IMO that has a larger impact on the lack of gun violence rather than the amount of or lack thereof gun regs

You beat me to it. I was thinking the same thing regarding the population differences between countries. Definitely not apples to apples.
'16 340 (Wifey) July/August '16 ED
'16 M4 (Mine) July/August '16 ED
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 05:48 PM   #159
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Nope, Switzerland's automatic assault rifle owners are in the national guard and most all 18 year olds serve (about 2/3 of men) as in Israel and other countries.

How many mass murders in the US have been by active members of the national guard? zero as far as I know.

And that's the same as Switzerland.

So, yes, different culturally, so let's fix that culture problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2018, 01:24 PM   #160
Zugzwang
Major
Canada
Rep

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2018, 01:58 PM   #161
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
[ some ridiculousness ]
Why would anyone waste their time watching either of them on any topic?

That's a serious question to you. Why would you want to hear what either of them have to say on that topic or any other?

Quote:
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 1
      05-05-2018, 02:35 PM   #162
irishbimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M5 CP

Quote:
Im Croatian by birth. During the fall of yugoslava the military pulled europes third largest military stores out from non serb areas and spent a few years practicing genocide on my bloodline.

But thats not worth mentioning. Its likely that most readers dont even know what a yugoslavia is.

My own fucking cousins used bows and arrows and rocks and molotov cocktails against tanks and machine guns for three years before sympsthizers started smuggling weapons to them!! if i wasnt a child when that was going on i would have joined them!!
Sorry, I wasn't thinking of Yugoslavia but more about this country, and the belief for many in this country is that reasonable guns be allowed with registration and with limits to their capabilities. Most believe there should be limits to items like machine guns and similar weapons, because is there no bona fide current threat that our nation's military are going to start rolling tanks into the streets.There just doesn't seem to be a huge need for private ownership of molotov cocktails and bazookas. It is doubtful gun limits would lead to anarchy and military coups in this country.
Appreciate 1
Zugzwang432.00

05-05-2018, 03:01 PM   #163
Zugzwang
Major
Canada
Rep

More people waste their time on what i post than on what you post.

And why? Is it your goal to stop people from asking why on anything that goes against your views? Who are you to bully people for disagreeing with you? Trust me im not butt-hurt or anything but its a common tactic that you regularly take.

I myself provide info to allow people to think and discuss and judge for themselves. Im not into smothering free speech. Im no marxist or fascist or nazi. Debate is healthy.

I mean damn. Theres a reason the silent majority is silent. They hate being pecked at by the relentless haters.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2018, 03:17 PM   #164
Zugzwang
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
Sorry, I wasn't thinking of Yugoslavia but more about this country, and the belief for many in this country is that reasonable guns be allowed with registration and with limits to their capabilities. Most believe there should be limits to items like machine guns and similar weapons, because is there no bona fide current threat that our nation's military are going to start rolling tanks into the streets.There just doesn't seem to be a huge need for private ownership of molotov cocktails and bazookas. It is doubtful gun limits would lead to anarchy and military coups in this country.
One strong solar storm can knock out all power for half the earth facing the sun. A chicken or a pig can cough and all of a sudden less than half of us are left. Let in enough terrorists and in a few weeks critical infrastructures can be damaged enough that all hell can break loose. How will you react when your children havent eaten in a week?

Tinfoil hat thoughts similar to those are what created the constitution and its amendments. I would suggest that nobody fall asleep in this peaceful era that we live in because you never know what can happen next week.

Play out thiose scenarios in your head. Use that abstract part of your mind and after some imagination maybe one can understand why the forefathers made the rights of americans so hard to erode.
Appreciate 1
lakefront109.00

05-05-2018, 04:07 PM   #165
Real Dodger
Texan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
One strong solar storm can knock out all power for half the earth facing the sun. A chicken or a pig can cough and all of a sudden less than half of us are left. Let in enough terrorists and in a few weeks critical infrastructures can be damaged enough that all hell can break loose. How will you react when your children havent eaten in a week?

Tinfoil hat thoughts similar to those are what created the constitution and its amendments. I would suggest that nobody fall asleep in this peaceful era that we live in because you never know what can happen next week.

Play out thiose scenarios in your head. Use that abstract part of your mind and after some imagination maybe one can understand why the forefathers made the rights of americans so hard to erode.
Just to let you know, Alex jones and Bratbart and other publications like that are no more truthful than Borba was when it was the official Yugoslavian communist newspaper
      05-05-2018, 04:52 PM   #166
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

I myself provide info to allow people to think and discuss and judge for themselves. Im not into smothering free speech. Im no marxist or fascist or nazi. Debate is healthy.
That's not "info".

You provide propaganda, fiction, and fantasy that masquerades as "info" likely because you don't know the difference.

I mean, dude, you posted Piers Morgan.

Quote:

Last edited by GrussGott; 05-05-2018 at 04:58 PM.
Appreciate 1
      05-05-2018, 05:10 PM   #167
Zugzwang
Major
Canada
Rep

Yeah. Piers Morgan is pretty bad alright. Lol. Or should i say alleft. Jk.

But hey. Gruss... Do you like sangria?
Appreciate 1
GrussGott6683.50

05-05-2018, 08:44 PM   #168
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Yeah. Piers Morgan is pretty bad alright. Lol. Or should i say alleft. Jk.

But hey. Gruss... Do you like sangria?
See? Now that was funny

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2018, 10:27 PM   #169
Zugzwang
Major
Canada
Rep

Sangria...?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2018, 10:38 PM   #170
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Sangria...?
eh. I wouldn't seek it out, and it's a bit ... epicene for me. But then I'm a GenXer so I may be a little biased; although I have zero problems ordering something with an umbrella in it, so

I'm more of a gin & tonic guy if it's a warm night ... if it's a happy hour then I'm definitely down for martinis and maybe a few session beers.

On topic, I love Warren Buffet:

After the Parkland shooting, relative to firearms investing, Buffett said: "I don’t believe in imposing my views on 370,000 employees and a million shareholders. I’m not their nanny on that."

Well, today a shareholder asked via email during a Q&A: "Please tell us you misspoke"

Buffet replied: "I do not believe on imposing my political opinions on the activities of our businesses. If you get into which of our companies are pure and which ones aren’t pure, I think it will be very difficult."

Yay! A vote for principles over opinions!

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2018, 11:01 PM   #171
Zugzwang
Major
Canada
Rep

Smart man that buffet. He invested heavily in oil carrying rail cars and is lobbying hard against pipelines.

Its too bad he isnt 20 years younger. I might have tried to buy just one b-h stock?

Sangria. You missing out on those hot days. No worries.

My go to is scotch.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott6683.50