BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

01-16-2010, 04:43 PM   #1
Loganman
Rep
Drives: 330 Ci

2011 Pricing for Individual M3 e93

I have been trying to get an idea of pricing I could get for a vert with ruby black/platinum novillo/maple trim. The additional cost would be $8400.

I have 2 to 3 dealerships in the Washington DC area that will do the individual program. Each dealer said that the timeframe would be a normal production time of 8 to 10 weeks or (worst case) an additional 2 weeks because of the custom colors. Either way not to bad.

One of the dealers came back with pricing on a fully load (the only box not checked on the website would be the smartphone option) e93 for $84,460. My assumption is the car is $76,060 and adding the individual colors makes it $84,460.

I thought pricing was not out for 2011 unless he is basing pricing on the slight increase on the BMW site.

Thoughts on the initial price.

I was also thinking about a different combination that would also seem to look nice - moonstone/amarone novillo/sycamore trim
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2010, 06:43 PM   #2
buddster
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Gran Coupe

What is the retail / cost on your car before and after the custom options? This way we can see what the discounts are.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 09:03 AM   #3
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

From a Cdn perspective, you're about right....or a little on the expensive side depending on the value of your dollar. Ind. paint for our cars is $3900 cdn and Ind. interior adds $4000 cdn.

I'm just waiting for pricing on mine and then I'll be ordering (within the next 2 weeks). I think I might be able to out do you though....I've gone beyond the regular Individual stuff and customized some things. I'll let you know......
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 12:18 PM   #4
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post
I think I might be able to out do you though....I've gone beyond the regular Individual stuff and customized some things. I'll let you know......
The OP was asking for information, not for a competition on who's car has the coolest stuff. Your insertion of one-upmanship is worthless and not appreciated.

As I'm sure you are aware, there will always be someone out there with something newer, faster, 'cooler', or more unique than you.

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 05:15 PM   #5
autospiel
BMW CCA Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F10 diesel

$5000 is the U.S. MSRP for Individual paint color (ordered mine in early November, production in late December, arrived at PCD yesterday for pick-up next week).
      01-17-2010, 06:15 PM   #6
Loganman
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospiel View Post
$5000 is the U.S. MSRP for Individual paint color (ordered mine in early November, production in late December, arrived at PCD yesterday for pick-up next week).
What was the total cost of your car. Did you get a better or worse deal when you ordered the individual color or did it have no effect.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 06:31 PM   #7
Kyosho
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3 // Panamera Turbo

Quote:
I think I might be able to out do you though....I've gone beyond the regular Individual stuff and customized some things. I'll let you know......
My stock is faster than your stock
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 07:36 PM   #8
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC kid View Post
The OP was asking for information, not for a competition on who's car has the coolest stuff. Your insertion of one-upmanship is worthless and not appreciated.

As I'm sure you are aware, there will always be someone out there with something newer, faster, 'cooler', or more unique than you.
It wasn't meant as "one upsmanship", just an attempt to make the OP feel better and not worry about spending the money or the cost of Individual stuff. We all know it's expensive. I'm not in competition with ANYONE here simply because I don't have an M3 yet.

So my apologies to the OP if I offended, seriously not intended.

But to you - good lord get a life and calm down.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 10:25 PM   #9
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3

Quote:
It wasn't meant as "one upsmanship", just an attempt to make the OP feel better and not worry about spending the money or the cost of Individual stuff. We all know it's expensive. I'm not in competition with ANYONE here simply because I don't have an M3 yet.

So my apologies to the OP if I offended, seriously not intended.

But to you - good lord get a life and calm down.
So what you're saying is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M:
...I think I might be able to out do you though....I've gone beyond the regular...
was to make him feel better? ...and if it offended the OP you're sorry, but if it wasn't appreciated by anyone else, you tell them "...to get a life..."

I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing from all of the hypocrisy in your response.

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 12:48 AM   #10
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Oh brother. Can't you just be nice

This thread is about Loganman's question which I will still answer in greater detail when I get my pricing.

You write well by the way. Good night
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 05:39 PM   #11
autospiel
BMW CCA Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F10 diesel

Loganman, I paid a fixed dollar amount over dealer invoice, so adding the Individual paint color was at invoice (and replaced the upcharge for metallic paint option for SS II), so in round numbers it cost $4000. I actually ordered the car in SS II, then switched to Moonstone, so you could say the decision to go Individual had no impact on the deal.

My friend at the dealer and I spent <30 seconds negotiating price (if you want to call it that). I've purchased or leased umpteen cars from them in the past 15 years, so we have a gentleman's agreement on what constitutes a fair price for both parties. Sure, I could save another $500 or so by spending hours or days hunting, shopping and haggling .. but my time and my relationship with the dealer is important to me. Such a close client/dealer relationship has many subtle perks (like getting BMW Distribution approval for Individual color combo in <24 hours).
      01-18-2010, 08:44 PM   #12
Loganman
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospiel View Post
Loganman, I paid a fixed dollar amount over dealer invoice, so adding the Individual paint color was at invoice (and replaced the upcharge for metallic paint option for SS II), so in round numbers it cost $4000. I actually ordered the car in SS II, then switched to Moonstone, so you could say the decision to go Individual had no impact on the deal.

My friend at the dealer and I spent <30 seconds negotiating price (if you want to call it that). I've purchased or leased umpteen cars from them in the past 15 years, so we have a gentleman's agreement on what constitutes a fair price for both parties. Sure, I could save another $500 or so by spending hours or days hunting, shopping and haggling .. but my time and my relationship with the dealer is important to me. Such a close client/dealer relationship has many subtle perks (like getting BMW Distribution approval for Individual color combo in <24 hours).
You make a good point on the loyalty aspect. I have leased and bought my BMWs from the same dealer but I looked around for a price on the individual package. The price I quoted is from a dealer I never used.

As a matter of fact the financing dept of the dealer I regularly use said if I get an extended warranty they will take 50% off the cost (I will do a 5 year deal). This dealer will typically sell me the cars at a good price and through in mats, etc. The first time with my 330 cic I haggled over price but going forward its been a handshake and the negotiated price is done relatively quickly.

I struggled with what I was doing because I valued the relationship (but I also wanted to know what was out there).
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2010, 10:53 PM   #13
BMWDavid
United_States
Rep
Drives: MSport F30

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 Sedan  [0.00]
2005(sold but not f ...  [10.00]
2006 X3  [0.00]
1984 633csi  [0.00]
FYI, invoice on the individual paint is $4550. Good Luck!
      01-19-2010, 11:20 PM   #14
buddster
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Gran Coupe

David - do you know retail and invoice on Platinum interior with Piano Black trim?
Appreciate 0