BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

European Auto Source

07-13-2015, 10:25 AM   #45
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
lol

I've read the economist links prior to you providing them, along with preparing for several presentations that I've had to give to clients. I've availed myself to plenty, but thanks for the condescension on a Monday morning!
Whatever.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 10:51 AM   #46
other_evolved
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Whatever.
Indeed.
      07-13-2015, 12:20 PM   #47
valbmw
First Lieutenant
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: F10 535d xDrive M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
As I read your hypothetical anecdote, I couldn't help but think of the thousands of folks who in the early part of this millennium felt the need to buy $750K+ homes with little or no money down and their "very good, but not rich guy good" income that had to cover not only potential increases in the mortgage payment, but also their kids school, their BMWs, their expensive watches, and so on.

I'll never forget the time in 2007 when one of my staff invited me and some other folks to a get together in his new home, a very nice place in a close-in D.C. suburb. At one point, he quipped to me that pretty soon he and his wife would have a house nicer than mine. I just replied, "Let's hope so," knowing full and well that they were just one catastrophe away from going from living the Life of Riley to barely if at all being able to make ends meet. I just hoped for their sake that disaster didn't happen. Then 2010 came along and he and his wife were selling off all sorts of belongings, including that house, at "fire sale" prices.

It seems as though people are no less willing to be evil or stupid with their own lives than they are with other people's lives. Where has integrity and conscience gone?

All the best.
Tony, let me use this space to thank you for your posts about the "Confederate Flag". I am interested in history as much as in cars, sports, women and whiskey) and here I see another good info from you, now about the Greek issue. Always great to see people with balanced position whatever sensitive the matter is. Cold minds save from chaos) You sound an expert, but OK it doesn't matter.
Thanks again / All the best.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 05:10 PM   #48
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by valbmw View Post
Tony, let me use this space to thank you for your posts about the "Confederate Flag". I am interested in history as much as in cars, sports, women and whiskey) and here I see another good info from you, now about the Greek issue. Always great to see people with balanced position whatever sensitive the matter is. Cold minds save from chaos) You sound an expert, but OK it doesn't matter.
Thanks again / All the best.
You're welcome. Thank you too for the kind words.

I'm an expert on some topics, but those topics haven't, that I know of, come up on B-post.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0