BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

03-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #89
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

Lol the random stuff in OT like this makes my day.
      03-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #90
Baremeg55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeshi
leave the OP alone for gettting a little hot headed. He was the one that got cut off. Of course he got pissed. Who wouldn't. And whether you think he was being a dick or not is irrelevant, he didnt deserve to have a gun in his face.

OP, call the cops anyway. This might not be the first time this dumb ass has flashed his gun at ppl thinking he's the shit. And it might not be the last. If enough ppl report it, the cops might actually get off their ass and try to find him.

If anything, tell the cops you drive down that route everyday and when you see him again, you'll come back with a plate number. And having a written report of the original incident when it first happened will help the DA make the charges stick.
I would disagree. The OP fully realizes now he made a bone headed mistake. He probably realizes he himself took the rage incident too far, escalating what could have easily turned into a death. The OP escalated the incident, he should have walked (drove) away. He, and others on this forum, will hopefully think twice now before flipping the finger or cutting the other guy back off. You never know who you are dealing with, too many folks out there with no regards to human life.

Now, if you drive a Sherman tank, perhaps you could be bold.........
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #91
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3000fl View Post
I cant speak for Texas but in Florida as a concealed weapon holder I have to avoid escalating a conflict, I can't place myself into a fight where I need to pull a gun in self defense, i have to avoid conflict and basically back down and be a pussy. He was in the wrong for escalating and then pulling a weapon.

You could have raped his dog and called him what you wanted, and he still can't pull a gun to get the upper hand in an argument unless he has an immediate fear of losing his life. If he placed himself in danger he can't pull the gun.

Even if he really was in fear and pulled the gun but didn't use it, then he wasn't really in fear of his life and was just brandishing and would still go to jail.

In some states once the immediate threat to life ends, you can't shoot someone. Like if someone raped your wife while holding a shotgun to your head, and they later threw the gun on the ground and were in the process of leaving... then you shoot them as they are walking out the door, you are the one in shit because the immediate threat to life ended when he put the gun down and started walking out.

In short... If you pull a gun you had better not have started it or had a part of the escalation, you better be in real fear of your life, and better make sure you shoot to kill and not wave it around to gain leverage. He fucked up by not meeting any of these conditions.

He should be in jail and gives legal CCW carriers a bad name.
So how does that law allow that Zimmerman guy to walk free after killing that kid in Sanford? He was told to stay in his vehicle and not escalate the situation, yet he did. Even if the kid then assaulted him, he didn't do what you said above and avoid the conflict. Exactly the opposite.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 04:15 PM   #92
Baremeg55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six
Quote:
I cant speak for Texas but in Florida as a concealed weapon holder I have to avoid escalating a conflict, I can't place myself into a fight where I need to pull a gun in self defense, i have to avoid conflict and basically back down and be a pussy. He was in the wrong for escalating and then pulling a weapon.

You could have raped his dog and called him what you wanted, and he still can't pull a gun to get the upper hand in an argument unless he has an immediate fear of losing his life. If he placed himself in danger he can't pull the gun.

Even if he really was in fear and pulled the gun but didn't use it, then he wasn't really in fear of his life and was just brandishing and would still go to jail.

In some states once the immediate threat to life ends, you can't shoot someone. Like if someone raped your wife while holding a shotgun to your head, and they later threw the gun on the ground and were in the process of leaving... then you shoot them as they are walking out the door, you are the one in shit because the immediate threat to life ended when he put the gun down and started walking out.

In short... If you pull a gun you had better not have started it or had a part of the escalation, you better be in real fear of your life, and better make sure you shoot to kill and not wave it around to gain leverage. He fucked up by not meeting any of these conditions.

He should be in jail and gives legal CCW carriers a bad name.
So how does that law allow that Zimmerman guy to walk free after killing that kid in Sanford? He was told to stay in his vehicle and not escalate the situation, yet he did. Even if the kid then assaulted him, he didn't do what you said above and avoid the conflict. Exactly the opposite.
This is an ever changing story and, eventually, more details will come out and justice will be demanded (already being demanded).

The reports I have read though indicate the law (recently changed about 5 years ago) allows for shooting in self defense and pretty much lets the shooter off the hook. Within the week I predict this a$$wipe will be charged with a crime, I personally think he was a nut job just waiting for any "self" reasoned excuse to use deadly force.

Sheriff has already withdrawn from the proceedings, Feds have taken over, protest rallies calling for justice, only a matter of time....
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #93
mike3000fl
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
And a black youth carrying Skittles is a good reason to believe "that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself"?

I still don't understand why Zimmerman hasn't been arrested.

Tom
Zimmerman had injuries from the thug, bloody nose, grass stains from struggle. He was in fear. Good shoot.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 07:08 PM   #94
mike3000fl
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
And a black youth carrying Skittles is a good reason to believe "that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself"?

I still don't understand why Zimmerman hasn't been arrested.

Tom
Its like that men in black movie when will smith profiles the girl with the backpack for having the physics book and shoots her instead of the aliens in the training exercise. something just wasn't right and he went with it.

Skittles must have seemed out of place.

Anyway how do you explain the injuries to Zimmerman? There was a struggle. Are you suggesting Zimmerman was attempting to steal the skittles and the kid resisted? Hmmm... interesting.

Last edited by mike3000fl; 03-23-2012 at 07:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #95
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

You should have got his plate, written down a description of him while it was fresh in your head and called the cops. He would be arrested, put in a line up and go to jail. Don't let someone get away with something like that. If he owned it legally he shouldn't be and after his arrest he would have to forfeit all his guns.
      03-23-2012, 08:40 PM   #96
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Its like that men in black movie when will smith profiles the girl with the backpack for having the physics book and shoots her instead of the aliens in the training exercise. something just wasn't right and he went with it.

Skittles must have seemed out of place.

Anyway how do you explain the injuries to Zimmerman? There was a struggle. Are you suggesting Zimmerman was attempting to steal the skittles and the kid resisted? Hmmm... interesting.
Zimmerman had no right to arrest or even detain anyone. If some doofus like Zimmerman pulled up next to me while I was walking in my neighborhood and tried to detain me I'd tell him to FOAD. I don't care if Zimmerman suffered a broken neck. He attempted to exercise police powers when he had no right to do so. The kid was within his rights to resist. If Zimmerman let this kid get the better of him in a fight, then he got what was coming to him. And he should be charged with murder, plain and simple.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #97
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Look guys, the zimmerman case boils down to this, he claims and there is a witness who corroborates that he was on his back screaming for help while getting pummeled by martin. Additionally he claimed his weapon became visible and that martin went for it.

The events leading up to that point are of no consequence, yes you might not agree with how things lead up to it, and it is distasteful to me as well, but it has no bearing on the outcome. There is nothing illegal about following and confronting someone asking them what they are doing. He should not have done it, but it's not illegal.

If you were to believe the above story, you don't have to, but if you were to, then zimmerman would have a credible claim for self defense. No one in this thread knows exactly what happened and there are scenarios that would both lead to him being found justified in SD as well as manslaughter or murder. But again the fact is no one here knows what scenario actually happened.

So how about everyone just shuts the fuck up about it.
      03-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #98
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Busted by the OT Neighborhood Watch.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #99
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

I believe that if you pull a gun on someone, plain and simple, someone must die. Too often it's gratuitous, as if it's a game. Pull it out, and use it. That's what usually happens when a Bodega gets robbed. The outcome is not predictable.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #100
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsamoul View Post
i guess you won't be a dick anymore
Uhhh, maybe you shouldn't post anymore, OP was FAR from deserving of having a gun pulled on him.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #101
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3er View Post
Unfortunately, I never got his license plate number.

Thanks for the comments guys, helps bring my nerves/anxiety back down to a normal level.
I can't even imagine, man. Too bad you couldn't get the plate number. Take a deep breath and try to remember most of the world isn't like this!
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 11:45 PM   #102
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Look guys, the zimmerman case boils down to this, he claims and there is a witness who corroborates that he was on his back screaming for help while getting pummeled by martin. Additionally he claimed his weapon became visible and that martin went for it.

The events leading up to that point are of no consequence, yes you might not agree with how things lead up to it, and it is distasteful to me as well, but it has no bearing on the outcome. There is nothing illegal about following and confronting someone asking them what they are doing. He should not have done it, but it's not illegal.

If you were to believe the above story, you don't have to, but if you were to, then zimmerman would have a credible claim for self defense. No one in this thread knows exactly what happened and there are scenarios that would both lead to him being found justified in SD as well as manslaughter or murder. But again the fact is no one here knows what scenario actually happened.

What a complete joke.

So the kid is on the phone with a girlfriend, which has been confirmed through phone records, she tells him to run away after stating he was being stalked, and this Zimmerman asshat confronts the kid....something he had zero right to do.

Zimmerman is 10 years older and 100 lbs heavier and creates a confrontation. The kid had every right to defend himself from the unknown stalker.

The "neighbourhood watch" program states that he has no business carrying on like he did, the police dispatcher told him to stay out of it and he ignored both.

How do you explain this quote, heard on the dispatch tape:

Quote:
"These a--holes, they always get away," Zimmerman can be heard telling the dispatcher.
Quit turning a blind eye to the actual facts of what happened. Whether or not Martin was "winning" in a physical confrontation...if that is actually what even occurred...is irrelevant considering that Zimmerman created the confrontation.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/3168...a-shooting.htm
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 01:11 AM   #103
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Glad you didn't get hurt. Hope it was just a bb gun but even then, what a prick...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 01:53 AM   #104
Baremeg55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies
Quote:

What a complete joke.

So the kid is on the phone with a girlfriend, which has been confirmed through phone records, she tells him to run away after stating he was being stalked, and this Zimmerman asshat confronts the kid....something he had zero right to do.

Zimmerman is 10 years older and 100 lbs heavier and creates a confrontation. The kid had every right to defend himself from the unknown stalker.

The "neighbourhood watch" program states that he has no business carrying on like he did, the police dispatcher told him to stay out of it and he ignored both.

Quote:
"These a--holes, they always get away," Zimmerman can be heard telling the dispatcher.
Quit turning a blind eye to the actual facts of what happened. Whether or not Martin was "winning" in a physical confrontation...if that is actually what even occurred...is irrelevant considering that Zimmerman created the confrontation.

+100000000000

The Zimmerman dude was aching for trouble. Only had 87 calls into the police, and as the authorities stated, way above the norm. True, I / we don't know what happened, or how it went down, but......this guy was totally in the wrong! He was like a ticking time bomb waiting for the wrong moment to occur.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #105
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDiner View Post
Then by all means, stay in Canada. Might want to keep an eye on those youth hockey coaches: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2012/...-sentence.html
Not sure what deviant hockey coaches have to do with the topic at hand...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 10:19 AM   #106
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
What a complete joke.

You're assuming a plethora of things there and coming to a hardfast conclusion. That makes you extraordinarily ignorant. Your job is not to come to a conclusion because you know NOTHING about what happened.

To correct a "fact" again though, there is nothing illegal about confronting someone, he shouldn't have, but he is within his right to ask someone what they are doing. Additionally weight and age play no role, have you seen what zimmermin and martin look like? I would put my money on martin in a fight ANY DAY the "kid" was in way better shape and much taller. Zimmermans a short fat mexican if you didn't notice.

Here's an equally bad one sided article that is a rebuttal to all the current one sided media reporting, at least it sticks to facts and doesn't comepltely fabricate things though. Again, the point here is it's not your job to pass judgment because you don't know what happened behind those apartments.

http://www.examiner.com/charleston-c...trayvon-martin
      03-24-2012, 11:45 AM   #107
Beemw335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

You had every right to honk and to not let him pass.
Next time get the license plate and have his ass locked up.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #108
fokus45
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: little blue dune buggy

Quote:
You're assuming a plethora of things there and coming to a hardfast conclusion. That makes you extraordinarily ignorant. Your job is not to come to a conclusion because you know NOTHING about what happened.

To correct a "fact" again though, there is nothing illegal about confronting someone, he shouldn't have, but he is within his right to ask someone what they are doing. Additionally weight and age play no role, have you seen what zimmermin and martin look like? I would put my money on martin in a fight ANY DAY the "kid" was in way better shape and much taller. Zimmermans a short fat mexican if you didn't notice.

Here's an equally bad one sided article that is a rebuttal to all the current one sided media reporting, at least it sticks to facts and doesn't comepltely fabricate things though. Again, the point here is it's not your job to pass judgment because you don't know what happened behind those apartments.

Amen. Funny how the story of 2 black kids lighting a white kid on fire was overshadowed by this story as well. The media is completely f**cked.

Glad nothing more serious happened op. It can be hard sometimes to not get pissed at other peoples poor driving. Thanks for sharing your story. Gives us a good refresher on how important it is to keep our cool.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #109
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:

Clearly you're completely retarded or can't read.

There is nothing in that article that changes any perception of what actually happened. Whether Martin was on top or "winning" a fight is completely irrelevant. Zimmerman created the confrontation. Fact. He stalked Martin. Fact. He left his vehicle to confront him...ignoring both the police dispatcher and the "rules" for the neighbourhood watch program that he was supposed to be upholding. Fact.

Just because he's a pussy and was getting his ass whooped (Martin had far more grounds for self defence considering how he was stalked) does NOT justify shooting the kid or self defence. You're really telling me that you can go start a fight and then shoot the other person when you start losing??? Clearly not self defence and clearly the act of a total coward.

You also failed to address the quote that is actual evidence from the recorded dispatcher car....again FACT.

Get your head out of your ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fokus45 View Post
Funny how the story of 2 black kids lighting a white kid on fire was overshadowed by this story as well. The media is completely f**cked.
Agreed about the media and that it is completely wrong if those kids are not prosecuted to the fullest....difference is that they will be when finally caught.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 11:46 PM   #110
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
Clearly you're completely retarded or can't read.

There is nothing in that article that changes any perception of what actually happened. Whether Martin was on top or "winning" a fight is completely irrelevant. Zimmerman created the confrontation. Fact. He stalked Martin. Fact. He left his vehicle to confront him...ignoring both the police dispatcher and the "rules" for the neighbourhood watch program that he was supposed to be upholding. Fact.

Just because he's a pussy and was getting his ass whooped (Martin had far more grounds for self defence considering how he was stalked) does NOT justify shooting the kid or self defence. You're really telling me that you can go start a fight and then shoot the other person when you start losing??? Clearly not self defence and clearly the act of a total coward.

You also failed to address the quote that is actual evidence from the recorded dispatcher car....again FACT.

Get your head out of your ass.

Agreed about the media and that it is completely wrong if those kids are not prosecuted to the fullest....difference is that they will be when finally caught.
NO ONE, EVER gives up the right to defend their life from an attacker, yet you seem to be saying exactly that. Given no other option, you have the right to defend your life. Whether or not that is the case here we don't know, but it COULD have been. Again you don't know what happened behind that building. Please express your ignorance more.

There is another often cited case in FL, not directly comparable but similar. Man follows a speeding car through his neighborhood catches up to him and tell him to slow down that it's dangerous. Man gets out of car ground the guy and starts beating him. Man defends himself with his pistol. Somewhat different circumstance but similar, avoidable conflict brought on by the shooter.

The difference is everyone would agree the speeder should have been yelled at, and not everyone will agree zimmerman should have been approached. I'm willing to bet put into a similar situation and asked who looked suspicious, plenty of people passing judgment would say the black kid in the hoody walking slowly in the rain, so it;s a lot more similar then you would think.