BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

BPM

04-11-2018, 12:45 PM   #23
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Installed. Now I gotta wait for testing. There's actually a very steep roundabout entrance to the freeway on my commute where it would cause the pedal to elongate a little bit so I'll test today lol
Attached Images

04-11-2018, 12:47 PM   #24
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jritt@essex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
i got 4 pounders dammit. lol

We'll see how it goes. I'm going to install these today.

For the other improvements, I may purchase the full floating (rattling) rotor hardware. Supposedly those help even more.

I spoke to David from Zeckhausen and he's a pretty cool dude. Even called me when he saw my order because he thought I bought way too many parts for one car but I told him it was for two cars.
The springs are going to have a far greater impact on mitigating knockback than the hardware on the discs will. Four lb. springs are fine...don't worry. With the 18mm thick pads in your kit, they're a good choice. We run both 4 lb. and 7 lb. springs in our front calipers in our Essex/AP BBKs, depending on the caliper. If someone didn't tell you what their rate was, you probably wouldn't know the difference.

Dave Z is a good dude that I've known for about 15 years. He's honest as they come and won't lead you astray.
Good to know. I used this video as a reference. You can see the springs on the piston here haha
Attached Images

04-11-2018, 12:50 PM   #25
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
Quote:

For the other improvements, I may purchase the full floating (rattling) rotor hardware. Supposedly those help even more.
i'm running my rear brakes without pad retainers and the noise isn't much, and doesn't bother me. when it happens, i know exactly what it is. really not a big deal.
It's not the pad. It's the hardware connecting the rotor to the hat that allows some play when secure with the thought that under load the rotor doesn't bend with the other pieces to push the pad back.

04-11-2018, 04:33 PM   #26
RickyBobby
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Installed. Now I gotta wait for testing. There's actually a very steep roundabout entrance to the freeway on my commute where it would cause the pedal to elongate a little bit so I'll test today lol
If a freeway ramp is causing knockback, I'd be inclined to change your hubs/bearings.

I only get knockback on the track with r comps.
Appreciate 1
tlrid3r507.00
      04-11-2018, 07:01 PM   #27
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyBobby View Post
Quote:
If a freeway ramp is causing knockback, I'd be inclined to change your hubs/bearings.

I only get knockback on the track with r comps.
The freeway ramp is for sure over 1.2G lol

But yeah Let's see. I don't see any hub or bearing issues when doing track maintenance but I'll have a look again to be sure.