BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

04-01-2007, 10:37 PM   #23
ChadE
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska View Post
is call money laundry...funding of terrorist, funding for drugs and hoes....etc

Dawm , some of you need to take a Finance 101 class
Please tell me how im committing money laundry when i deposit MY money in an over seas account, and how is that funding terrorism?
"When you are passionate, you always have your destination in sight and you are not distracted by obstacles. Because you love what you are pursuing, things like rejection and setbacks will not hinder you in your pursuit. You believe that nothing can stop you!" - Coach K

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2007, 11:04 PM   #24
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chade7320 View Post
Please tell me how im committing money laundry when i deposit MY money in an over seas account, and how is that funding terrorism?
well, you ask why that an offshore bank will report your info to the irs/gov....
money laundry is one reason...but of course if we're just talking about small amount of money, then you should be fine
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2007, 11:09 PM   #25
MonacoBimm
Banned
Panama
Rep
Drives: Sapp. Black 330i(2nd e90)

Now I remember blow! I just didnt remember the part where the panamanan goberment took all the money lol
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2007, 11:16 PM   #26
ChadE
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoBimm View Post
Now I remember blow! I just didnt remember the part where the panamanan goberment took all the money lol
Damn i just realized you live in panama...lol Blow is the shit i watch that movie at least once a week lol
"When you are passionate, you always have your destination in sight and you are not distracted by obstacles. Because you love what you are pursuing, things like rejection and setbacks will not hinder you in your pursuit. You believe that nothing can stop you!" - Coach K

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2007, 11:17 PM   #27
borsalino
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 328i

Since september 11 the U.S. government has been able to pressure countries like the cayman islands to release information on suspected terrorist money landering and things like that. So when these banks open their doors to the U.S. government they get to see everyones accounts. So it is possible in the future your information could be released to the government depending on where your money is.
      04-01-2007, 11:23 PM   #28
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by borsalino View Post
Since september 11 the U.S. government has been able to pressure countries like the cayman islands to release information on suspected terrorist money landering and things like that. So when these banks open their doors to the U.S. government they get to see everyones accounts. So it is possible in the future your information could be released to the government depending on where your money is.
there you go
Any suspicious activity will raise a flag on your account.....this is not just on checking/savings accounts, but also stock/mutaul fund account...etc
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2007, 11:23 PM   #29
ChadE
Major
United_States
Rep

Fuckn A....That sucks... I hope the swiss banks dont do that...

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2007, 11:39 PM   #30
borsalino
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chade7320 View Post
Fuckn A....That sucks... I hope the swiss banks dont do that...
I also hope the swiss banks don't do the same. I guess in today's world you have to careful which country you choose to deposit your money. I guess it should preferibly be strong nation who cannot be easily bullied by the U.S.
      04-01-2007, 11:44 PM   #31
ChadE
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I also hope the swiss banks don't do the same. I guess in today's world you have to careful which country you choose to deposit your money. I guess it should preferibly be strong nation who cannot be easily bullied by the U.S.
Yea good call...

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2007, 12:16 AM   #32
flush01
Major
Rep
Drives: 33m@%#ing5

99% of people in this thread dont know wtf they talking about (irs and fbi ? lol ) ... I wouldnt ask this question here man...

if someone wires you money to your offshore bank account YOU DONT NEED TO FILE TAXES ON IT and it's completely legal... ONCE you withdraw money from bank machine then you need to declare that on your taxes, so as long as you not taking out anything in your country you're fine...

example: company wires you 100k to you offshore account, and you dont touch it, you are not supose to file taxes in usa... but if you go to the bank and withdraw 5k from you offshore account with visa they give you, then you declare 5k on your taxes...
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2007, 09:21 AM   #33
ChadE
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flush01 View Post
99% of people in this thread dont know wtf they talking about (irs and fbi ? lol ) ... I wouldnt ask this question here man...

if someone wires you money to your offshore bank account YOU DONT NEED TO FILE TAXES ON IT and it's completely legal... ONCE you withdraw money from bank machine then you need to declare that on your taxes, so as long as you not taking out anything in your country you're fine...

example: company wires you 100k to you offshore account, and you dont touch it, you are not supose to file taxes in usa... but if you go to the bank and withdraw 5k from you offshore account with visa they give you, then you declare 5k on your taxes...
That is not true...legally, please tell me where you found that information i have never heard that.

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2007, 03:29 PM   #34
borsalino
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flush01 View Post

I have never heard of this rule either. I see that you are also from Canada so I am assuming this rule applys in Canada and not the U.S. Also you seem to know alot about this subject so could you direct me to where I can find out more about the rules and regulations that apply. thanks
      04-02-2007, 03:54 PM   #35
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
+1,000

It actually had more to do with VISA/MASTERCARD. Post 9/11 they were req'd to disclose the source of payments on these accounts. US Citizens would only use credit cards for purchases in the US and pay off the accounts using funds from foreign banks (eg, Caymans, Swiss, etc etc). I remember being in the Caymans back in 2003 and seeing tons of R/E for sale because of it.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2007, 07:19 PM   #36
borsalino
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom View Post
+1,000

It actually had more to do with VISA/MASTERCARD. Post 9/11 they were req'd to disclose the source of payments on these accounts. US Citizens would only use credit cards for purchases in the US and pay off the accounts using funds from foreign banks (eg, Caymans, Swiss, etc etc). I remember being in the Caymans back in 2003 and seeing tons of R/E for sale because of it.
Are the credit card companies required to disclose this information or the banks?