BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

12-04-2009, 10:03 AM   #23
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by epbrown View Post
Two friends of mine own RRs and love them, and they say pretty much the same thing. One loves pointing out that you see tons of 100k+ mileage Range Rovers around, asking how do they accumulate so many miles if they're always broke or cost so much to run.
I dont have a dog in this fight, but there are some cars that have a very strong "used buyer waiting list". RR's are one of those cars. There are tons of people that would love to have a RR because its a very fashionable car. The thought of being able to have a 80k car for 25k (with only 50k on the odometer) is enticing to many people. Especially when everyone will think you're a baller because you have a Range.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 04:50 PM   #24
Brandon26pdx
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Eh, I would stick with the 06 or newer. They got significant retooling at that point and are the oldest ones to look like the current-current model. (Although in 2010 it will be refreshed again I believe). I think they have 4 year warranties so any 06 would still have at least some warranty left, which can save you a ton when looking at buying a used luxury car.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 06:17 PM   #25
Boost Gomez
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV View Post
You know what? I've seen your responses in a lot of threads lately and none of them have had any sort of intelligence behind them.

Hey, at least you're consistent.
This.
      12-04-2009, 06:41 PM   #26
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Well I guess a range rover is out of the question.. and the search continues. Anyone know of decent SUVs around 20k? may be cheaper to lug around DJ equipment? Speakers and stuff

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 06:52 PM   #27
marty_mcfly
Banned
Rep
Drives: ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
Well I guess a range rover is out of the question.. and the search continues. Anyone know of decent SUVs around 20k? may be cheaper to lug around DJ equipment? Speakers and stuff
what about an '03? too me - they were way more reliable when they were owned by BMW but then of course still had minor problems. we had an '03 HSE for 4 years and there werent really any major problems. after that we got an '08 supercharged and they are two very different cars. both have their pros and cons. sometimes i miss the '03.

what i love about these cars is that they make great luxury SUVs and at the same time have awesome off-roading capabilities. i know this is off-topic but when it comes to luxury SUVs, IMO these are way better than escalades. (i dont know why people compare the two. the only thing the escalade beats the range rover at is price and rates )
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 06:19 PM   #28
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
I dont have a dog in this fight, but there are some cars that have a very strong "used buyer waiting list". RR's are one of those cars. There are tons of people that would love to have a RR because its a very fashionable car. The thought of being able to have a 80k car for 25k (with only 50k on the odometer) is enticing to many people. Especially when everyone will think you're a baller because you have a Range.
This is so true
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #29
Salespunk
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Slow

If you are looking for options check out the Touareg. It is a fantastic vehicle and one of my favorite cars of all the ones I have owned. Good value, but consumables are not cheap.
Appreciate 0