BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Mporium BMW

01-07-2014, 02:50 AM   #1
jahn_baakus
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Alekshop = AMAZING

OH MY GOODNESS! I LOVE Alekshop!

I had KW Clubsports installed on my E92 a few months ago. I was initially happy but certainly not ecstatic about the results after they were installed (not by Alekshop). I was expecting much more and asked my mechanic and some other people for advice but didn't really see improvements.

Two months ago, my rear suspension started making a slight noise... mostly a faint rubbing/grinding sound when I went up into a parking lot entry grade. Then the noise got louder. Recently some popping and a dull "thud" noise started when driving over regular street bumps became a regular occurrence.

I was fed up and took my car to Alekshop on Friday. They looked at my car on the lift for 15 minutes and knew exactly what was wrong, along with a host of other changes and improvements that needed to be made.

Aleks was extremely patient and helpful explaining things to me. He accommodated my request to come in to the shop today (yes, the NEXT business day) to work on my car.

After our discussion, I simply asked him to set it up aggressively for the streets in the Bay Area and left it to his discretion; he knows the roads, the M3, and the clubsport suspension much better than I do

The results are ASTOUNDING! After my 15 minute drive home this afternoon, which included a few additional/unnecessary on- and off-ramps, I got so excited about the substantial improvements that I took the car for a proper drive through the hills to the coast (84 / Hwy1 / Pescadero road).

The turn in and cornering is incredible. Steering feels laser-like. Slalom dynamics are hugely improved. Cornering towards the limits of my traction feels completely under control. Every part of the driving experience is improved.. starting with my peace of mind knowing everything has been set up properly. Now I feel like it's time to hit the track.

This is the post I wanted to write a few months ago when I first got the suspension.

Thanks Alekshop!

[BTW - this is a completely unsolicited review, no one at Alekshop asked me to write anything.. I'm posting this in case anyone else has a poor setup - PLEASE just do yourself a favor, spend a few (extra) dollars, and go to a reputable shop and get it set up properly!]

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 06:16 AM   #2
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Alek and his shop are top notch!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 07:43 PM   #3
Jbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 FO M4

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [9.44]
Couldn't agree more. Aleks is the best in the Bay.
Fire Orange F82 Built by Alekshop | Pure Stage 2 Turbos | Akrapovic Evolution and Downpipes | ESS T-500 Performance ECU Software | Evolution Racewerks Chargepipes | Gruppe M CAI | Awron Gauge w/ Valve Control | KW Clubsport | Brembo GT 380 F&R | 19" BBS FI-R | BMW Performance Seats, Aero, and Steering Wheel | Vorsteiner Diffuser | IND Cosmetics
Appreciate 0