BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

02-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #177
Nelrock
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvrfan View Post
the only reason that the RS5 was lost, is that jeremy clarkson drive it. this top gear reviews are bullshit. he drives the car in auto mode not in dynamic. that changes the car completly. in dynamic the car wouldnt understeer like seen in the review. like you can see in other reviews. JC is such an bmw bias idiot. look of the porsche reviews in top gear. in every single review hes talking about the bad design.
Considering he's been calling us c*cks, who have no friends, for years...you clearly aren't a regular watcher.
He did with the Audi what he did with the M3's competition package...picked the things he didn't like, then over exaggerated it for entertainment value.

2011 E92 M3 | Melbourne Red | Black Novillo w/Carbon Leather Trim | M-DCT | Competition Package | Premium Package 2 | Convenience Package | Enhanced Premium Sound | Heated Front Seats
2004 E46 M3 | Silver Grey | - Retired
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 10:54 AM   #178
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
the only reason that the RS5 was lost, is that jeremy clarkson drive it. this top gear reviews are bullshit. he drives the car in auto mode not in dynamic. that changes the car completly. in dynamic the car wouldnt understeer like seen in the review. like you can see in other reviews. JC is such an bmw bias idiot. look of the porsche reviews in top gear. in every single review hes talking about the bad design.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 11:02 AM   #179
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
yes understeer has to do with the suspension. and in dynamic mode the damper stiffness change. also the body roll will be almost zero in the RS5. weight distribution has nothing to do with understeer. a car with 50/50 weight distribution will also understeer. try to look at wikipedia. they explains it very good. vor example the Evo 8 has 60/40 weight distribution and understeers nothing.
I should have been more specific. I was referring to weight distribution under load (..on/off throttle, etc.), not static. You're ASSUMING that the RS5 would have performed better with the stiffer setting, but that may not have been the case. After all, the M3 seems to perform best on its medium setting, not its stiffest setting.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 11:17 AM   #180
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Ummm.....THE STIG drove the cars for the time trial, so what does that have to do with J.C.? Understeer has more to do with suspension (..when on/off the throttle), weight distribution, etc. What does auto/dynamic have to do with that (..unless it, in some way, shape, or form alters suspension travel/compliance)? Lastly, if he feels that the P-Car's design is bad (..I'm assuming that you meant aesthetically/ergonomically), that's okay. Maybe for his height, body type, etc., the P-Car doesn't work for him. I personally prefer the interior ergonomics of an E92 M3 over the P-Car, but it won't stop me from buying a GT3.
Dynamic mode alters not only the steering and throttle response but also the suspension, but the most important factor that it alters when fitted is the Sportdiff which dramatically alters the behaviour of the car and has a noticable effect on the amount of understeer. Driven in dynamic mode and it is true, the RS5 will resist understeer to the death.

But still, I can't believe that the Stig drove it in anything other than dynamic mode and with all of the ESP settings set to off. The M3 won fair and square.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 11:39 AM   #181
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Dynamic mode alters not only the steering and throttle response but also the suspension, but the most important factor that it alters when fitted is the Sportdiff which dramatically alters the behaviour of the car and has a noticable effect on the amount of understeer. Driven in dynamic mode and it is true, the RS5 will resist understeer to the death.

But still, I can't believe that the Stig drove it in anything other than dynamic mode and with all of the ESP settings set to off. The M3 won fair and square.
Indeed...i was blown away that the M3 beat it by a full second on a wet track!
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 11:42 AM   #182
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Did anyone catch what tires are on the M3?
      02-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #183
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:

Thanks for the info on Audi's Dynamic mode.

...and your latter statement was the point that I was trying to make. TVRfan seemed to be confusing J.C. test drive w/ The Stig's.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 12:41 PM   #184
radiantm3
Apex Everything!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
TVRfan is a blind Audi fanboy. Based on his posts one would think he works for Audi: http://www.m3post.com/forums/search....rchid=15654072

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 12:58 PM   #185
footie
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
TVRfan is a blind Audi fanboy. Based on his posts one would think he works for Audi: http://www.m3post.com/forums/search....rchid=15654072
I can guarantee that TVRfan works for Audi though he is a fan for sure, but is that such a bad thing.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 01:05 PM   #186
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
I can guarantee that TVRfan works for Audi though he is a fan for sure, but is that such a bad thing.
nothing wrong with being an Audi fan; I enjoy hearing varying opinions as long as they are based on facts.

however, making stupid, senseless comments doesn't do favors for anyone.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 01:27 PM   #187
jrlee53
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Quote:
Owns Audi TT. Go figure. I guess you missed his review on the Audi RS4 saying it was one of the greatest engines ever made at the time and how well it handles or always quoting how great the Audi Quattro is and was the genesis of 4WD rallying. Or how incredible the Audi A8 diesel was for when he made that 1000mile trip on a single tank with the Audi. Or how the best car hed ever driven in 2009 was the Audi R8 V10. Given that he's also taken plenty of jabs at BMWs in general means he's just covering up his love for the roundels. Also given the fact that every other journalist has said pretty much the same thing when comparing the 2 means it has to be a big conspiracy against Audi and BMW is paying all of them under the table so they can fill the world with Audi hate... Except when they talk about the R8 V10, Q5, TT RS, and the A8, which people seem to like.

2003 Cobra -> 2010 BMW e90 M3 - Space Grey - Black on Carbon Leather Int. - BRILLIANT CAR!!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 01:29 PM   #188
footie
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
nothing wrong with being an Audi fan; I enjoy hearing varying opinions as long as they are based on facts.

however, making stupid, senseless comments doesn't do favors for anyone.
Well I do know how that feels because I have been accused of everything under the sun but cold hard facts are only really guaranteed when the official info is released from the manufacturer, for my part when I hear something I press that on, whether right or wrong but I feel it's relevant and worth sharing.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 01:50 PM   #189
radiantm3
Apex Everything!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
Quote:
Definitely not a bad thing. But what's the point of coming to a BMW site just to post a bunch of threads about Audi? I like your posts even if they tend to be Audi-sided. Being a fan is one thing, coming to a BMW site with the sole purpose of trying to sell BMW owners on Audi is another.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #190
Alessandro
Major
Serbia
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5

Garage List
2011 335is  [9.50]
at the end of the day the RS5 is an overpriced pig they had 4 years to make a proper car which beats the M3 but they didnt deliver.
08 E92 335i FBO 6MT 427 whp space grey
05 E46 M3 red
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 02:55 PM   #191
footie
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
at the end of the day the RS5 is an overpriced pig they had 4 years to make a proper car which beats the M3 but they didnt deliver.
If it ends up being over-priced where you live then I can't disagree with your opinion, that is if your sole requirement is to behave and beat the M3, but if you simply sit back and view each car's merits and failures subjectively then you start to see things a little different.

I wouldn't want to sway you from your M3, it's a great machine, I know as I owned an E92 myself but I wish I can make you see that there's more ways to skin a cat than just BMW's way. After all when you view all the tests where both these two have been compared on the same day the number of wins for each are roughly even which shows that Audi didn't get it as wrong as you first think, in fact the only real failure was it's weight which was a real shame, but if you forget about this failing it's actually a bloody good car.

Just different than an M3, that's all.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 03:00 PM   #192
carter510
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Coupe

Sick video!!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 04:30 PM   #193
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
Definitely not a bad thing. But what's the point of coming to a BMW site just to post a bunch of threads about Audi? I like your posts even if they tend to be Audi-sided. Being a fan is one thing, coming to a BMW site with the sole purpose of trying to sell BMW owners on Audi is another.
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #194
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
If it ends up being over-priced where you live then I can't disagree with your opinion, that is if your sole requirement is to behave and beat the M3, but if you simply sit back and view each car's merits and failures subjectively then you start to see things a little different.

I wouldn't want to sway you from your M3, it's a great machine, I know as I owned an E92 myself but I wish I can make you see that there's more ways to skin a cat than just BMW's way. After all when you view all the tests where both these two have been compared on the same day the number of wins for each are roughly even which shows that Audi didn't get it as wrong as you first think, in fact the only real failure was it's weight which was a real shame, but if you forget about this failing it's actually a bloody good car.

Just different than an M3, that's all.
why is this so important to you Footie?......this is a BMW forum!!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 04:49 PM   #195
footie
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
why is this so important to you Footie?......this is a BMW forum!!
Are you telling me that all BMW enthusiasts are that narrow-minded as to dismiss out of hand all other brands?

I can't really believe to be true because all enthusiasts enjoy cars and can appreciate fine engineering.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 05:03 PM   #196
digi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvrfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDy80 View Post
Owns Audi TT. Go figure. I guess you missed his review on the Audi RS4 saying it was one of the greatest engines ever made at the time and how well it handles or always quoting how great the Audi Quattro is and was the genesis of 4WD rallying. Or how incredible the Audi A8 diesel was for when he made that 1000mile trip on a single tank with the Audi. Or how the best car hed ever driven in 2009 was the Audi R8 V10. Given that he's also taken plenty of jabs at BMWs in general means he's just covering up his love for the roundels. Also given the fact that every other journalist has said pretty much the same thing when comparing the 2 means it has to be a big conspiracy against Audi and BMW is paying all of them under the table so they can fill the world with Audi hate... Except when they talk about the R8 V10, Q5, TT RS, and the A8, which people seem to like.
wow, that's pretty much the end of that...
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 05:29 PM   #197
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

isnt this the 4 or 5th comparo the M3 has beaten the RS5? I recall seeing one or two....just cant remember who did them....
this must be a huge disappointment to Audi...since they built it as the "M3 killer"...
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 12:08 AM   #198
smmmurf
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT 353k+ miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
are you kidding...really??......good lord man...you will try to dissect or twist any result that does not favor Audi....it lost...get over it!....the biggest slap in Audi's face...it lost on a wet track...freaking hilarious!!!...
Quattro...over rated!!!
owned
Appreciate 0