BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

11-13-2014, 09:26 AM   #1
Josefinoe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Driver side switches not working? and more

Hey everyone, I'm new here, I've had the car for around 2 months and I've been having a blast with it! However, since last week the driver side switches (windows and side mirrors) have completly stopped working. I did some research and found out that the resistors(? I don't know if thats the word) on the switchboard (? also) might have leaked or whatever and stopped working. Is this usual with these cars?, also, how can I access the board to change it? anyone's got the part number for that? I'm I asking too many questions in the same paragraph?

Also, I decided that, since I was buying a second hand car, I would feel much more comfortable if the first service was done at the dealership, I proceeded with this and found out that the dealership itself had put BMW LL 0-40w oil in my car, and the service guy told me it was better, has this happened to anyone else? is BMW LL 0-40w the same as Mobil 1 0-40? is he a moron and my car is gonna blow up? I don't live in particularly cold climates, I'm from Lebanon and we are barely seeing temperatures below 20C

The previous owner gave me the car with 2/4 AC grilles broken (the thing you use to move the direction of the grills isn't there), now that I'm oppening a new thread I feel it's better if I don't open another one just for this, so, anyone's got the part number for these as well?

Is the rod bearing issue more prominent in NA cars? since I can't have my oil checked here like you can with the blackstone reports, do you think I should go for the bearings swap and 60k miles?

Thanks everyone in advance! this forum has been of incredible help since I got the car
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 09:43 AM   #2
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
You have to remove the door card entirely to remove the switches.

As for the 0w-40, dealerships are directed to use TWS, but who knows in other countries, they do what they want.

Here is the diagram from penskeparts.com showing the vent units.

I wouldn't worry about the rod bearing hysteria, drive the car.
Attached Images