BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

10-25-2007, 07:30 AM   #89
Gadgetman
Captain Darren
United_States
Rep
Drives: Canadian Regional Jet 900

[QUOTE=Dammmittt;1589236]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post

You mean not everyone is stationed in germany? what the hell?

Hahah. That's not exactly true. Some states actually allow you to purchase a car in that state and you don't have to pay sales tax if you are in the military. SC is one of those states. Just make sure you're HOR isn't the same state.
So, if I decide to go and do the Performance Center Delivery, perhaps I may not pay sale tax because my home of record is in Florida? They will just give me a Temporary South Carolina tag.

BTW, what is the website for Pentagon MSP? I've been working with FIRST Choice MSP.

Regards,
Darren
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 09:49 AM   #90
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

The 2150 includes the 2.5% import duty, plus marine insurance as well as prep and dealer delivery..still a great deal..better than them butchers at TMO shipping ya car..them <Military sealift goons are horrible...great deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardodoc View Post
Just reviewed my contract and noticed that in addition to the military MSRP which seems to run about 9% under U.S. MSRP that there is an additional $2,150 for shipping and estimated $1000 for gas guzzler tax so now we are to $49900 (est) plus $2,150 plus $1,000 for "military". so $53050 total before options. Still haven't figured import tax.
Last time when the car arrrived BMWNA asked me to send a copy of my passport before it could clear customs.
Some people in Europe are on PCS orders and have the car delivered to Europe and then the military pays for shipping home when they transfer to their new permanent duty assignment.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 10:37 PM   #91
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
[QUOTE=Gadgetman;1590861]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post

So, if I decide to go and do the Performance Center Delivery, perhaps I may not pay sale tax because my home of record is in Florida? They will just give me a Temporary South Carolina tag.

BTW, what is the website for Pentagon MSP? I've been working with FIRST Choice MSP.

Regards,
Darren
I asked about Performance Center Delivery and was told it was not avail at this time for the M3 from my sales guy at Pentagon Miitary Sales. Also asked about individual colors...I love that yellow that the e46 M3 comes in. He's still checkin on that but unsure if BMW will offer it yet.
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 10:41 PM   #92
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
OK to clarify you have ordered? Which most take to mean the following:

1. You have base price and options prices
2. You have selected your options
3. You have a deposit down (maybe not required)
4. Your order has been placed from Military sales directly with BMW in Germany who now have your car in their order and build system.

I think you must have a different definition of "order" than the rest of us.
I understand that...I have a base car ordered...when options and prices for them come out I will be able to add which ones I chose. I DO have a deposit DOWN and paid to with Pentagon Military Sales (got my Mastercard statement today and for sure as hell its on there!) I have an allocation and order # with Pentagon Military Sales, a verfied commitment letter for funding from my Bank and when they get options and final prices and my turn come in their allocation line (I assume there are a few folks ahead of me!) then my vehicle will be built. I guess that clarifies it..pretty much!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 11:26 PM   #93
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
I understand that...I have a base car ordered...when options and prices for them come out I will be able to add which ones I chose. I DO have a deposit DOWN and paid to with Pentagon Military Sales (got my Mastercard statement today and for sure as hell its on there!) I have an allocation and order # with Pentagon Military Sales, a verfied commitment letter for funding from my Bank and when they get options and final prices and my turn come in their allocation line (I assume there are a few folks ahead of me!) then my vehicle will be built. I guess that clarifies it..pretty much!

Yep, I did my order through Mathias at Pentagon in June and have an April allocation here in the sates. I was told that individual colors were not available for US allocations.

However, keep in mind that the 49K base that Pentagon is using is an estimate and subect to change. Dont be surprised if the Military sales price goes up to 55k. This information is in the paperwork.

That being said I was told that the 49K was given to Pentagon by BMW as minimum price required to secure allocations. So, its probably a very good estimate and gives some insight into US MSRP. Probably 55-57K MSRP.

Jason
      10-26-2007, 09:23 PM   #94
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
Yep, I did my order through Mathias at Pentagon in June and have an April allocation here in the sates. I was told that individual colors were not available for US allocations.

However, keep in mind that the 49K base that Pentagon is using is an estimate and subect to change. Dont be surprised if the Military sales price goes up to 55k. This information is in the paperwork.

That being said I was told that the 49K was given to Pentagon by BMW as minimum price required to secure allocations. So, its probably a very good estimate and gives some insight into US MSRP. Probably 55-57K MSRP.

Jason
Yeah I think even if the base MSRP for mil sales ends up being 3-5k higher around $55k it is still a hell of a good deal compared to what retail stateside will run you for an M3 within the first 24months after its release I bet. Sure by late fall/early winter you'll be able to find one or two here or there on the CPO and newly-returned market but I suspect they'll be far and few in between and you'll definately have to modify your choices for options and colors in that aspect if you get one that way. So I am not complaining especially if Mil Sales keeps their estimated $49k base.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 08:54 AM   #95
THE JEDI
Major
Rep

Maybe i'm out of line but some people make me sick why would ya want to kill the program..take the good deal you have and be happy....buy and sell makes me want to puke..for real...leave it for the next guy who comes along...and then u complain about the dealer in the U.S....bunch of whores
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 09:02 AM   #96
THE JEDI
Major
Rep

I want an m-3 convertibel so bad..and this programs makes that possible if the M3 is 49,900 convt is about 55,000 with what I have saved and what I can afford to finance..thank gawd for this program..all u money whores go away..for real. Don't ruin it
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 09:21 AM   #97
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

[QUOTE=Gadgetman;1590861]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post

Regards,
Darren
I'm not sure that's true. You have to be stationed in SC. You have to go to the county tax office and provide your orders and an LES with your HOR on it, and if you can prove that you're stationed in SC and your HOR is some place else you'll only have to pay like 35 dollar road fee and your the fee for your tags when you register at the DMV.

If you're just taking delivery in SC it's not gonna work.

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 01:58 PM   #98
JEllis
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE JEDI View Post
I want an m-3 convertibel so bad..and this programs makes that possible if the M3 is 49,900 convt is about 55,000 with what I have saved and what I can afford to finance..thank gawd for this program..all u money whores go away..for real. Don't ruin it

Not sure what you are talking about when you say ruining the program.. who wants to ruin the program..

The Military Sales programs that exist for BMW, MINI, Audi, and all American auto makers are awesome!

Jason
      10-27-2007, 03:26 PM   #99
gmund1948
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 335 cab,C-6 08, 73 911E 59 D,

The Numbers have not changed but they may

I am close to the top, very early production, but BMW may adjust the MSRP upwards, especially in light of the dollar hitting record lows against the Euro
so we will see

The price includes shipping back to the US Port.

I attended the M3 Experience and you want This car

I want one thats for sure
      10-27-2007, 07:00 PM   #100
THE JEDI
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
Not sure what you are talking about when you say ruining the program.. who wants to ruin the program..

The Military Sales programs that exist for BMW, MINI, Audi, and all American auto makers are awesome!

Jason
Well if you read what I said!! You have guys on here stating that they are going to purchase their m3 and resell them, and I said that they are going to ruin it....as a former Marine(in the 80's) I always thought BMW's would be a car I could never afford,and BMW has this Military sales program ..so people who don't or didn't at one point could afford them...now you have these guys who want to ruin it by trying to make a quick profit...whats going to happen is they are going to stop offering special cars like the m3 or kill the program all together because you have people taking advantage of it the wrong way....is that clear enough for you. I remember getting a check for 450 bucks as an E-3 in the Marines I could never own a BMW...now I'm alot better off finance wise but I'm able to purchase and I love it..don't let some ruin it for all of us because of greed.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 01:27 PM   #101
JEllis
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE JEDI View Post
Well if you read what I said!! You have guys on here stating that they are going to purchase their m3 and resell them, and I said that they are going to ruin it....as a former Marine(in the 80's) I always thought BMW's would be a car I could never afford,and BMW has this Military sales program ..so people who don't or didn't at one point could afford them...now you have these guys who want to ruin it by trying to make a quick profit...whats going to happen is they are going to stop offering special cars like the m3 or kill the program all together because you have people taking advantage of it the wrong way....is that clear enough for you. I remember getting a check for 450 bucks as an E-3 in the Marines I could never own a BMW...now I'm alot better off finance wise but I'm able to purchase and I love it..don't let some ruin it for all of us because of greed.
gotcha... I am keepin my M...