BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #23
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkanzky View Post
Oh, I know. I have clear bra on another of my cars and had it removed/replaced this spring.

But a $500 deductible is very common in MI. Michigan is a no-fault state and until a year or so ago the mini-tort limit was $500 (It's $1k now). So most people seem to tend to get a $500 deductible for collision and often match that for comp.
argh!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #24
ducman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I don't think anything happened to your paint. I hit a big tire debris once, it broke the bottom grill and mess up the clear bra on the bumper. I tried using Premier PF1 TTR (works wonder) to remove some of the rubber marks but the hit was so hard that I couldn't removed them. I had the clear bra replace and yup, was just the clear bra.

You can try TTR to see if you can remove the black marks. I would use a hairdryer, x-acto knife (careful here with the paint), baby shampoo solution, and alcohol solution to remove that damage area. If you're going to have the pro replace the clear bra, they may charge extra to take the current one off (ask them first, if so just remove it yourself with the hairdryer). Good luck
Appreciate 0