BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BPM

02-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #45
ortho281
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefile View Post
I recommend the ST street performance, at least worth a shot for the price. The bbk manages heat a lot better than stock brakes, and the ST pads are not bad on track. They're also only $120 or so for front ST60 IIRC.
Thanks! Yes, the ST street performance pads are a good street/light-track pad for the money.

Akra GT4 / MS Stage 2 / MS UDP / BPM Tune / KW CS / H&R Sways / TMS Delrin / ST 380/355 BBK / Cantrell 2.5" Ducts / SR34 Pads / Apex Arc-8 / Hoosier R7's / Mode GT4 Splitter / GT4 Canards / APR GT-250 Wing / Cantrell Half Cage / Recaro Pro Racer / Schroth Profi II-6 / BMW Alcantera Wheel / Cool Shirt / ESS Fire Supp / Solo DL
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 01:40 AM   #46
Superfly_M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
if you are refering to my video the track is not that great of condition as far as the surface. the worst portion the rear corner with the stage lanes lines on it for drag strip is getting repaved in the next month so next time i go after the 16th it will be a lot better. im guessing a second will be had just on that!
It looked smooth like butter. I like that track, seems very transionny ... if thats a word. No abrupt chicanes, just smooth sailing. Whats the top speed that you've got on that track?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 07:10 AM   #47
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
It looked smooth like butter. I like that track, seems very transionny ... if thats a word. No abrupt chicanes, just smooth sailing. Whats the top speed that you've got on that track?
its actually more seperate than my other track. That first track is Pacific Raceways and some sections are linked but not all so a small mistake doesnt negate your lap. top speed on the front straight so far is 139.6. this is limited by turn one which is off camber and wants to pitch you sideways going thru so must stay on throttle. i think 150 is doable if my car can handle turn 1 better and stop a little better as well entering 2. Hope the swift spec-r helps with the first part and BBK is still in the plans. here is my other local track going back to this weekend again. it has a more linked feeling to it and each corner depends on the previous much more. front straight here allows more speed if you have the balls as turn 1 is a kink not a turn and you carry over 100 mph thru. also some great elevation change which is hard to see but very dramatic.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #48
ortho281
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
its actually more seperate than my other track. That first track is Pacific Raceways and some sections are linked but not all so a small mistake doesnt negate your lap. top speed on the front straight so far is 139.6. this is limited by turn one which is off camber and wants to pitch you sideways going thru so must stay on throttle. i think 150 is doable if my car can handle turn 1 better and stop a little better as well entering 2. Hope the swift spec-r helps with the first part and BBK is still in the plans. here is my other local track going back to this weekend again. it has a more linked feeling to it and each corner depends on the previous much more. front straight here allows more speed if you have the balls as turn 1 is a kink not a turn and you carry over 100 mph thru. also some great elevation change which is hard to see but very dramatic.

Nice track! What a very gloomy day! What camera are you using? The sound is very clear!

Akra GT4 / MS Stage 2 / MS UDP / BPM Tune / KW CS / H&R Sways / TMS Delrin / ST 380/355 BBK / Cantrell 2.5" Ducts / SR34 Pads / Apex Arc-8 / Hoosier R7's / Mode GT4 Splitter / GT4 Canards / APR GT-250 Wing / Cantrell Half Cage / Recaro Pro Racer / Schroth Profi II-6 / BMW Alcantera Wheel / Cool Shirt / ESS Fire Supp / Solo DL
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #49
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho281 View Post
Nice track! What a very gloomy day! What camera are you using? The sound is very clear!
Its the Ridge, new to our area and pretty amazing. going this saturday as well. that is just a regular hero 2 with the full case mounted on the windshield. not sure why it sounds that good but noticed that also. it was actually a great day just got a little overcast and created some nice scenery while on track.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #50
ortho281
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Its the Ridge, new to our area and pretty amazing. going this saturday as well. that is just a regular hero 2 with the full case mounted on the windshield. not sure why it sounds that good but noticed that also. it was actually a great day just got a little overcast and created some nice scenery while on track.
My vids with the Hero2 has been sounding like crap! Not sure if you noticed? I tried an external mic in different positions and it still sounds bad. I'm considering switching to the Hero3 or the SmartyCam. The SmartyCam would plug into my Solo DL and sync with data.

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #51
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My vids with the Hero2 has been sounding like crap! Not sure if you noticed? I tried an external mic in different positions and it still sounds bad. I'm considering switching to the Hero3 or the SmartyCam. The SmartyCam would plug into my Solo DL and sync with data.
i wish i had gone that route also. i now have a hero 2 and solo plain version so no data overlay. oh well. need other things more than that stuff.

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #52
ortho281
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i wish i had gone that route also. i now have a hero 2 and solo plain version so no data overlay. oh well. need other things more than that stuff.
No worries! As you can see from my vids, I'm not yet utilizing the data overlay. I got the Dashware app, but so far have not set up my gauges and overlayed any vids.

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #53
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No worries! As you can see from my vids, I'm not yet utilizing the data overlay. I got the Dashware app, but so far have not set up my gauges and overlayed any vids.
i need a solid year of driver mod now. ive been 4 times this year and going saturday this week as well. Left foot braking, better trailbraking, better heal toe, more precise lines. im reading and working on it. lower lap times to come.

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #54
ortho281
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i need a solid year of driver mod now. ive been 4 times this year and going saturday this week as well. Left foot braking, better trailbraking, better heal toe, more precise lines. im reading and working on it. lower lap times to come.
I see you have your priorities in order. I'm doing the same, including trying new tracks until baby Andrew gets here in June.

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #55
BuckRodgers
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Hero 2 audio is crap. I also have tried external mic and no luck. Going to order the 3 and hope it helps.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 12:43 PM   #56
ortho281
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckRodgers View Post
Hero 2 audio is crap. I also have tried external mic and no luck. Going to order the 3 and hope it helps.
+1 I'm hoping the same!

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #57
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I see you have your priorities in order. I'm doing the same, including trying new tracks until baby Andrew gets here in June.
yep no amount of modification can fix my ineptitude. i do however need a BBK and that will have to wait.

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #58
ortho281
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yep no amount of modification can fix my ineptitude. i do however need a BBK and that will have to wait.
Your driving looks good to me! I should be receiving my ST BBK in 3 wks. I can't wait! Ck out my recent before/after pics with KW Sleeve kit.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=801352&page=2

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #59
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Your driving looks good to me! I should be receiving my ST BBK in 3 wks. I can't wait! Ck out my recent before/after pics with KW Sleeve kit.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=801352&page=2
just looked at it. i have the new swift spec-r springs coming and dialing in more negative front and rear. my driving is okay but you know how it is. you can never be good enough. i wanna be able to text and drive and still run 10 seconds a lap faster. pulled out my interior today for the hell of it. got out 82lbs.

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #60
ortho281
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
just looked at it. i have the new swift spec-r springs coming and dialing in more negative front and rear. my driving is okay but you know how it is. you can never be good enough. i wanna be able to text and drive and still run 10 seconds a lap faster. pulled out my interior today for the hell of it. got out 82lbs.
That good! Looking forward to hearing how you like those. What exactly did you remove to add up to 82 lbs?

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #61
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That good! Looking forward to hearing how you like those. What exactly did you remove to add up to 82 lbs?
rear seat backs, rear seat bottom, rear head rest, rear floor mats, side panels for seat, trunk flooring, corner cover for battery. was thinking of losing the passenger seat for another 63 lbs.

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #62
ortho281
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
rear seat backs, rear seat bottom, rear head rest, rear floor mats, side panels for seat, trunk flooring, corner cover for battery. was thinking of losing the passenger seat for another 63 lbs.
Are you turning it into a full time track car? If so, I can't wait to see the results. Yes, lose both seats and put some buckets in. You should be saving around 200 lbs. That would be the best "bang for the buck" mod, besides the driver.

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #63
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Are you turning it into a full time track car? If so, I can't wait to see the results. Yes, lose both seats and put some buckets in. You should be saving around 200 lbs. That would be the best "bang for the buck" mod, besides the driver.
not yet. i dont hardly drive it except to and from the track anymore so eventually probably will happen. still like the idea of full interior but being a lot lighter would be nice also.

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #64
Superfly_M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
200lbs for two front seats??? I don't know about that one. Are they really that heavy? If you will be replacing with something like Recaro PP or CS then the weight would be added back no?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #65
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
200lbs for two front seats??? I don't know about that one. Are they really that heavy? If you will be replacing with something like Recaro PP or CS then the weight would be added back no?
front seats are 63 each. recaro profi is 14lbs, or kevlar for 8-9 but mounts add to that. possibly save 40lbs a side.

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #66
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Are you turning it into a full time track car? If so, I can't wait to see the results.
just made my car less practical for the street again. extended my 3 inch apex ducts to the rotor but lost bunch of turning radius. who needs to make u turns anyways.

Appreciate 0