BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #1
vantagesc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Trip to NYC for New Year's

Hey everyone,

Looking for some recommendations for NYE in NYC. I'm spending 4 days there this year, so I have some time to experience the city. Have not been to NYC as an adult, so I have catching up to do.

Some info on me:
1) Staying at my friend's place near the Wall St. financial district.

2) Will be in a group of 3 males, mid to late 20's. Assume some ability to invite along some girls, especially if it helps with #3 and #4 below.

3) Want to check out bars/clubs/lounges in the meatpacking district during my stay. Doesn't have to be on NYE itself. Recommendations? Looking for something hip / chic / fun.

4) What to do for NYE? Club vs. bar or lounge? If there's some sort of cool hotel party or roof top bar, I'd probably prefer that and save a Friday or Saturday to hit a club. Willing to spend $200-300 pp on entrance, tickets, etc. to venues for this night. Something with a younger crowd 20s to 30's, but well dressed, hip, chic, etc.

5) My group loves to eat good food, but we should be able to handle figuring that out through eater.com, etc., but I'll take any can't miss recommendations if you have them. Right now I have Lure fish bar and Del Posto on my list.

TIA.

Last edited by vantagesc; 10-21-2012 at 09:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #2
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

nbc studio tour
katz's deli

those were the more memorable moments
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 07:38 AM   #3
jfiore13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: black 2018 M5

Should definitely eat at Patsy's on west 56th st .... I was just there this past Saturday for dinner excellent italian food, even managed to meet Frankie Valli in there... As far as clubs and lounges go I'd say check out green house it's a pretty good lounge/bar with a upper 20's early 30's crowd
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 07:56 AM   #4
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
There are quite a few clubs if you just take a cab to Gansevoort and walk around. I can't say I'd recommend a rooftop party in January in NYC. It'll be freezing cold. Just don't get suckered into buying a table.

During the day you can check out the hi line. It's essentially a very nice park built on an abandoned elevated railway. I do that stuff with my wife but with a bunch of dudes, you may want to skip it.

A tip for any visit to NYC... stay as far away from Times Square as possible and don't you dare set foot in a chain restaurant.

El Rio Grande is a tex/mex place in midtown that I love because the food is good and the Margs are the strongest around. I go there after work quite often but there isn't much of a "scene" until the deck opens in the summer.

Burger Joint in the Parker Meridian hotel lobby is one of the best burgers on the planet. There is no sign, only a glowing burger hidden in the hotel lobby. It can get REALLY busy but you should give it a try.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 03:40 PM   #5
badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: RRS GT2

Kiss n Fly. Another one not far away from KNF is an underground lounge. Forgot the name. Nice memories at these two spots!

Last edited by badazzm; 10-23-2012 at 12:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #6
vantagesc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Thanks guys, looking into some clubs for the weekend.

Any other NYE activity recommendations?
Appreciate 0