BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions
Closed Thread

03-25-2008, 08:18 PM   #1057
azn_dp_boy
Private
Rep
Drives: :)

also, why does it show that there are 51 pages when i'm posting on the 50th...?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 08:54 PM   #1058
Illan
Rep
Drives: MB 190e

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddy33 View Post
Oooh...interesting question! According to Wikipedia under the entry for Blue Law (not well-cited, mind you...) Nebraska's not on the list. Just Texas, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Oklahoma, and Pennsylvania.

I've noticed that there's not a single one open here in North Central Florida...Gentlemen's agreement, I guess.
There an old saying that says: Race on sunday, Sell on monday my gues ther following that tradition
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 09:30 PM   #1059
smellthebeans
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LPCs

Garage List
1990 325i  [0.00]

That said, I would just like to take a step back for a moment.
The past few days have been insane. Just thinking about what has transpired, leaves you speechless really. How did this thing go from a M3post.com rant to what it became today? In 3 days, the site amassed
650+ comments and 200,000 page views, with people posting from all around the world, lending their support and help. Thats people I don't even know! Amazing stuff, and probably the coolest thing I have ever
been part of, leveraging the internet in a way that I have never seen before. People I have never met, making calls on my behalf, contacting automotive sites, supplying information, just doing anything and everything possible to help out.

Ken my friend...you are what is known as a Super Actor
http://www.thomaslfriedman.com/longitudesprologue.htm

Enjoy the ride!
      03-25-2008, 09:39 PM   #1060
TestSubjekt
Rep
Drives: honda

We didn’t have the reserve set properly,” Mathis explained. “We had a ‘buy it now’ at $67,800. It was an error by our eBay manager, $67,800 was supposed to be the reserve.”

His dealership’s service record is impeccable, Mathis said, and he doesn’t feel as though publicity from the Web commenters muscled him into anything.

“No, we’re just trying to do the right thing,” Mathis said. “We don’t legally have to do this. I’m getting a lot of publicity on it, maybe I’ll sell some more cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgb2 View Post
His quotes just pissed me off more. I was starting to forgive the dealership in light of selling Dooma the car, but after reading that they're even further in the red. Stop lying you damn sleazebags!!!
+1

I'd really like to get eBay's take on this, even though they came to this resolution. I think the lack of a comment from them says volumes. It would be better for them PR-wise if they publically said that dooma was in the right...to make people think they're not going to be ripped off on eBay.

Is the Journal Star the only news outlet to pick up on this story? Although I think I read someone said they worked with MSNBC through Newsvine much, much earlier in the thread. So maybe we'll see something there.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 10:00 PM   #1061
C4talyst
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2000 VW Jetta

If I were dooma I would not have stopped posting nor would I have agreed to any non-disclosure/confidentiality/gag order agreement BS. The guys running Lincoln BMW are PWNED and would've capitulated regardless.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 10:19 PM   #1062
acidtrunks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 93 honda accord

Got bored and wanted to add fuel to the fire...husker bmw still has the m3 listed here http://www.huskerbmw.com/index.cfm?a...&CurrentPage=1 im guessing the pictures are just press photos cuz theyre much better than the ebay auction,but i know its the same cuz the vin listed there and at the auction are the same http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ksid=p3907.m32 and if you also notice, THIS WAS THE ONLY M3 THEY HAD IN INVENTORY!!!!!!!!(oops the first link takes you to the search form,just look for the 2008 m3)

also noticed this on the auction if anybody was interested

Buy with Confidence, Call Michael at 402-802-2272
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 10:32 PM   #1063
SAABMW
Rep
Drives: '73 Sonett

Dooma is online!

Hopefully things went well and we'll get an update shortly.

I've been reading this thread for two days now, rooting for Dooma the whole way. Heard about it over on SaabLink and had to join to show we're rooting for you over there too!

edit: In the time it took to join up and write this, he's no longer online. Uh oh.... no update....

Last edited by SAABMW; 03-25-2008 at 10:36 PM.. Reason: time!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 11:10 PM   #1064
sdifox
Rep
Drives: 2002 Mazda P5

Settle down boys, real life negotiations takes longer than ebay sniping. Until it's all sorted out, dooma is not going to post anything and that is the right thing to do.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 11:12 PM   #1065
gundamfans
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
well don't forget that dooma's whole intention is to get and enjoy a M3 at a relatively good bargain price. He has no obligation to us or incentives to challenge BMW of Lincoln in a way that hurts him from enjoying a M3 at the bargain price.
2007 E90 335i|6MT|Sapphire Black Metallic|Black Leather|Aluminum Trim|ZSP|ZPP|CWP|Aluminum Pedals|M-Aero Kit|Blackline Tailights|E46 ZHP Knob|Euro Foglight Switch|M-Sport Perforated Leather steering wheel|M-Sport Perforated E-Brake|Front Carbon Fibre Splitter Kit|BMW Performance 19" Wheels|Meisterschaft Touring Exhaust Full Cat-Back System
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 11:20 PM   #1066
acidtrunks
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
No...

Bid with Confidence, Call Michael at 402-802-2272
that may be the ebay way but michaels ticker about halfway down marches to its own beat,it says buy.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 11:21 PM   #1067
BlackStar
Registered
Rep
Drives: GF8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TestSubjekt View Post
We didn’t have the reserve set properly,” Mathis explained. “We had a ‘buy it now’ at $67,800. It was an error by our eBay manager, $67,800 was supposed to be the reserve.”

His dealership’s service record is impeccable, Mathis said, and he doesn’t feel as though publicity from the Web commenters muscled him into anything.

“No, we’re just trying to do the right thing,” Mathis said. “We don’t legally have to do this. I’m getting a lot of publicity on it, maybe I’ll sell some more cars.
Smart ass If he wasn't reading this thread, he wouldn't even know what publicity is and how to use it Someone please tell him the difference betweeen good and bad publicity and explain him how it does correlate with selling more cars...
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 11:25 PM   #1068
BMW1986
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 M3 E92 ZCP JB/PS & BLK

Whats the status??
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 11:29 PM   #1069
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW1986 View Post
Whats the status??
A certain individual from another website claims dooma is going to make an announcement there. But so far - nothing. Don't ask for the site name - the mods don't want it here. And for good reason since it could likely (IMHO) be just a ploy to get hits. If anything happens people will report it here (me if I am still awake).
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 11:35 PM   #1070
acidtrunks
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
A certain individual from another website claims dooma is going to make an announcement there. But so far - nothing. Don't ask for the site name - the mods don't want it here. And for good reason since it could likely (IMHO) be just a ploy to get hits. If anything happens people will report it here (me if I am still awake).
yeah my f5 key is gonna go out before we get an update
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 11:37 PM   #1071
gundamfans
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
well I"ll wait patiently. I'm not surprised that if dooma doesn't follow up on what happens. It'll be nice to know what followed though.
2007 E90 335i|6MT|Sapphire Black Metallic|Black Leather|Aluminum Trim|ZSP|ZPP|CWP|Aluminum Pedals|M-Aero Kit|Blackline Tailights|E46 ZHP Knob|Euro Foglight Switch|M-Sport Perforated Leather steering wheel|M-Sport Perforated E-Brake|Front Carbon Fibre Splitter Kit|BMW Performance 19" Wheels|Meisterschaft Touring Exhaust Full Cat-Back System
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 11:44 PM   #1072
acidtrunks
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple-Net-Automotive View Post
[SIZE="1"][FONT="Arial Black"]We do consulting work for many car dealers, these guys are not scum or sleaze balls like others have indicated. A car dealer is entitled for a profit, on an M3 of this caliber, they probably have a 5% profit margin, which is not a lot.
The price they are offering your the car for is their net Invoice minus holdback.
The Internet Manager screwed up, he is not the most professional, but at the end of the day you will not win this case.

Unfortunately eventhough the eBay bid is binding within the eBay domain, in a court of law it is YOUR burden to prove that they maliciously manipulated the listing and they did NOT do a mistake, this is very difficult to prove.

What I recommend you do is to contact the corporate office of that dealer group, the GM is no help here.

If they drop the price another Grand and waive the doc fee, you should go ahead and buy it.

Anthony.
he is getting the car..catch up buddy.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 11:45 PM   #1073
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

^^^ Just in case anyone is sitting 20 feet from their computer and is legally blind.

And Anthony, you're late to the game. The deal is being closed already.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 11:47 PM   #1074
acidtrunks
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
^^^ Just in case anyone is sitting 20 feet from their computer and is legally blind.
well i didnt have my contacts in...but yeah i agree.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 11:50 PM   #1075
acidtrunks
Enlisted Member
Rep

just an update.. dooma is no longer online at the "other" site, more than likley hoping for a mass recruiting effect
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 11:59 PM   #1076
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidtrunks View Post
just an update.. dooma is no longer online at the "other" site, more than likley hoping for a mass recruiting effect
Yep, that guy is _shady_. I mean the first thing that comes up on the site is that you have to change your password. WTF? How does the site know that its not a returning user? It doesn't. He just wanted everyone to hit that screen first in hopes that new people will think they have to register.

No doubt that the original post on his site was not by dooma either.

Hey M***********
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 12:03 AM   #1077
cngzsn
Rep
Drives: '05 330i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple-Net-Automotive View Post
Sorry guys, I only read the first page, I wasn't expecting the dealer to fold so quickly!
Amazing!!! The internet is changing the car business, 10 years ago this would have never happened ! I love this blog, I will use it to scare dealers !
Anthony.
I think you should read this whole thread. Could help you in your line of work...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 12:21 AM   #1078
acidtrunks
Enlisted Member
Rep

oh hell malibu is offline now too...we have been lied to...but interestingly enough he is listed as an attorney...so perhaps he gave dooma some legal advice???
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread