BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

BPM

12-25-2008, 04:51 AM   #1
Notion-Za
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: '16 M4 ZCP

Golf V gti DSG gearbox

Yes it may not be as fun to drive as a manual but the shifts are very quick in sport mode and very comfortable!

The current GTI's here have the 177kw factory chip as standard! and chipping the car is a very common thing to do here(by the likes or revotech or sportech) I think that even if some one who owned a manual GTI with a chip taking it up to about 19X kw will NOT have a chance against a standard dsg one. When using the launch control it is very strong when pulling off. There is no way any one could come close in shifting speed!

Why hasnt bmw/mercedes offered a gearbox like this for the past four years? Yes bmw did release SMG which was great! my father has an m5 and the shifts are vicious in s6 and when doing launch control! but comfort was not on their priority! im not saying this is a problem! i appsolutely love it!

Havent had a chance to get a ride in an E9x m3 with the dct gearbox! is it any better?
      12-25-2008, 10:36 AM   #2
thymaster
Rep
Drives: MkV R32, AW 128i

I haven't, but looks like it's trickling down.. perhaps the 1 will get it too eventually

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/10/2...t-dct-gearbox/
Appreciate 0