BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #67
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMember View Post
Went to test drive an evo (was interested in seeing what the hype was about), sales lady told me to keep the RPMs low. Red lined it the whole time =). She did not say one word.
Thanks for being the exact reason why most dealers don't allow people to test drive these types of cars. You're ruining it for people who can test drive a car like a mature adult.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #68
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

I wanted to test drive a G37 to see what all the hype was about after I already received my 335i. Test drove one while the SA rode shotgun. He couldn't stop trying to shit on my Bimmer. The best was when he tried to tell me that the G had the ability to push you back into your seat that my 335i simply couldn't match thanks to its 330hp. I didn't even bother with a retort.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #69
NSFW 335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Thanks for being the exact reason why most dealers don't allow people to test drive these types of cars. You're ruining it for people who can test drive a car like a mature adult.
When I purchased my e92 335, I test drove it in the same manner. I'm going to drive the car, and see if I actually enjoy it, before I purchase it. When I test drove the evo, my lease for my 335 was coming to an end, so I needed a car soon. I didn't drive it, 'just for fun,' I was looking to purchase it. After testing the evo's power, I came to a decision that the car is not worth it (for 40 something). In the end, after testing the evo, sti, and 370, I bought out my e92.

When you are test driving a fast car, you drive it fast. I greatly Disagree with you KingOfJericho. I also test drove an M3, and the sales person told me to drive it fast. So I can actually enjoy the test drive, if I do not enjoy the test drive, why would I buy the car?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 09:49 AM   #70
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
So you don't subscribe to the notion that redlining a brand new car is harmful? If you're taking a car with mileage in the single digits and redlining it, you have rocks in your head. It's one thing if they have demo cars with 1,000+ miles on the clock, but if they have a car with the plastic still on it and you're redlining the shit out of it, you're grossly negligent and so is the dealer for allowing you to do so.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #71
catcher22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by express705 View Post
test driving a camaro SS... still in the parking lot.

"you can't take it over 30 mph"

stop car in street. exit car. leave dealer.
Either we test drove the same car with the same sales person, or this is a common (useless) tactic...this was in MD....test drove Camaro SS..30mph max and ONLY RIGHT TURNS . Needless to say we didn't listen to him and walked straight to our cars when we got back to the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #72
ErvGotti
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.00]
Worst experience is that I went to the Ford dealership to see if they had a Boss mustang in the showroom though I really wanted to test drive the 5.0. I parked a little ways away so the Salesman didn't see the Bimmer. I ask him if they had the new Boss he says hell yeah we do it's inside. I'm pumped go inside it's the damn GT500. Walked away and went to another dealership.

Best experienced is when I bought my 135i. I originally wanted the 335i the saleswoman at Pentagon Car Sales (Military program) says I've got a 135i demo car to test drive today. After going over the differences and test drive paperwork, she hands me the keys and says try to be back in under an hour. I'm trying not to smile and I test drove the shit out of that demo by myself. Needless to say I had one on order that day.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #73
niteryder
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End
I wanted to test drive a G37 to see what all the hype was about after I already received my 335i. Test drove one while the SA rode shotgun. He couldn't stop trying to shit on my Bimmer. The best was when he tried to tell me that the G had the ability to push you back into your seat that my 335i simply couldn't match thanks to its 330hp. I didn't even bother with a retort.
Drove the g37 as well. Nothing impressive.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #74
NSFW 335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMember View Post
When I purchased my e92 335, I test drove it in the same manner. I'm going to drive the car, and see if I actually enjoy it, before I purchase it. When I test drove the evo, my lease for my 335 was coming to an end, so I needed a car soon. I didn't drive it, 'just for fun,' I was looking to purchase it. After testing the evo's power, I came to a decision that the car is not worth it (for 40 something). In the end, after testing the evo, sti, and 370, I bought out my e92.

When you are test driving a fast car, you drive it fast. I greatly Disagree with you KingOfJericho. I also test drove an M3, and the sales person told me to drive it fast. So I can actually enjoy the test drive, if I do not enjoy the test drive, why would I buy the car?
was a demo.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #75
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Years ago my dad sent me and mom to buy a car just before new years. He'd been haggling with them for weeks and then went home to see his dad. We drove my 70 Cougar up over the hill at 90+ and dropped it for them to assess. They told me it wouldn't start. Mom looked at them and said "My knuckles are still white from the ride over here" She drove the new car home, and I got to keep my Cougar for a few more weeks.

Went with wife to drive some luxury sedan. We were considering it, and asked basic details on how much to PURCHASE the vehicle. Saleman and his upper told me they would only LEASE it and I said no way. THEY walked away from us, and we went and bought a BMW.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #76
eamon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335i, 2010 328i (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Years ago my dad sent me and mom to buy a car just before new years. He'd been haggling with them for weeks and then went home to see his dad. We drove my 70 Cougar up over the hill at 90+ and dropped it for them to assess. They told me it wouldn't start. Mom looked at them and said "My knuckles are still white from the ride over here" She drove the new car home, and I got to keep my Cougar for a few more weeks.

Went with wife to drive some luxury sedan. We were considering it, and asked basic details on how much to PURCHASE the vehicle. Saleman and his upper told me they would only LEASE it and I said no way. THEY walked away from us, and we went and bought a BMW.
What car did you test drive that was a "lease only?"
      01-19-2012, 12:53 AM   #77
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, e39 m5, f80 m3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
So you don't subscribe to the notion that redlining a brand new car is harmful? If you're taking a car with mileage in the single digits and redlining it, you have rocks in your head. It's one thing if they have demo cars with 1,000+ miles on the clock, but if they have a car with the plastic still on it and you're redlining the shit out of it, you're grossly negligent and so is the dealer for allowing you to do so.
Hope you're not serious?

You're naive if you think that new car's don't get beat on. Porters, sales people, customers, detailers, etc all drive the shit out of new cars. Reason? Because they can. If you're worried about breaking in your car, order it and don't let anyone drive it besides the transport guy and your sales guy.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #78
TroyDeJ
Banned
Rep
Drives: around aimlessly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jattditutti View Post
Hope you're not serious?

You're naive if you think that new car's don't get beat on. Porters, sales people, customers, detailers, etc all drive the shit out of new cars. Reason? Because they can. If you're worried about breaking in your car, order it and don't let anyone drive it besides the transport guy and your sales guy.
that might be so but a prolonged test drive at high rpm is not good for a new engine.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 10:21 AM   #79
TroyDeJ
Banned
Rep

BMW of Oyster Bay:
- i was told by the parts guy that bmw M-tech bumpers are not made by BMW
- he didnt know what an e90 was
- When my dad went there to get an e90 the sales guy said that only 18 year old kids buy 3 series and that his wifes volvo was a better car then a 328
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #80
jkcali2ooo
Generation 2006
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 330i Jet Black

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
1st Incident
Before purchasing my car, I was at Niello BMW in Sacramento and test drove a new '06 330i. After asking the price, the salesman paused and turned to me saying, "The beauty of buying a BMW is that there is no negotiating here at BMW. You know you are already getting the best deal on the car." I stared at his face with disbelief. After like 10 seconds of staring at him, I saw a small smile begin to form. Needless to say I drove to San Francisco and purchased there below MSRP.

2nd Incident
Niello Elk Grove dented my front bumper after changing my oil. No one told me and when they gave me back my keys I saw the dent while walking to my car. I had to inform the SA who told me this happens all the time and its not a big deal. They had to replace the whole front bumper. I told him if this happens all the time then I won't be coming back here anymore. And I haven't since.

2006 Jet Black 330i
Sports, Premium, Rear Sensor, Steptronic
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #81
MC 357
Private
Armenia
Rep
Drives: R53 Cooper S/I3

Went to go see the gt500 when they first came out like 4 years ago. The car was marked up 40k so the price was something close to $90,000. I told the salesman why the hell would anyone buy this when an M5/M3 is the same price and much better. Salesman said ill knock down 30K on the mark up. I said this car to me is a 25k mustang, if u can work with 25k we could talk...
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #82
TroyDeJ
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type R 564 View Post
Went to go see the gt500 when they first came out like 4 years ago. The car was marked up 40k so the price was something close to $90,000. I told the salesman why the hell would anyone buy this when an M5/M3 is the same price and much better. Salesman said ill knock down 30K on the mark up. I said this car to me is a 25k mustang, if u can work with 25k we could talk...
idk how thats dealer bullshit. they marked up the car and he said he would take of 30k. you sounded like you were being a tire kicker and only wanted to pay 25k for a 50k car.

Maybe im wrong
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #83
Stronghammer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErvGotti View Post
Worst experience is that I went to the Ford dealership to see if they had a Boss mustang in the showroom though I really wanted to test drive the 5.0. I parked a little ways away so the Salesman didn't see the Bimmer. I ask him if they had the new Boss he says hell yeah we do it's inside. I'm pumped go inside it's the damn GT500. Walked away and went to another dealership.

Best experienced is when I bought my 135i. I originally wanted the 335i the saleswoman at Pentagon Car Sales (Military program) says I've got a 135i demo car to test drive today. After going over the differences and test drive paperwork, she hands me the keys and says try to be back in under an hour. I'm trying not to smile and I test drove the shit out of that demo by myself. Needless to say I had one on order that day.
The second place sounds like one smart dealership. That approach would work well on me
Mods: ESS VT1, MS test pipes, 19 BBS CH-R, Eibach pro springs, Painted reflectors, carbon fiber grills, Painted side markers with dark tinted lenses, 30% tint, Arkym rear diffuser, Innotech axle back exhaust, Performance spoiler
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #84
MC 357
Private
Armenia
Rep
Drives: R53 Cooper S/I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyDeJ View Post
idk how thats dealer bullshit. they marked up the car and he said he would take of 30k. you sounded like you were being a tire kicker and only wanted to pay 25k for a 50k car.

Maybe im wrong
sorry i forgot to mention that the salesman said that the gt500 was better/faster/more reliable than M3/M5...
Appreciate 0