BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

08-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #23
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
that i am. i dont have experience with re-11s or the nt05s but have used pss, ps2 and ad08s as street tire and some on the track. primary tire is nt01 for me these days. there is a price advantage to going with 17 inch set up. bigjae is running them on his track e46. price difference is about 200 bucks per set of tires. is this for a track set up? i like to run square sets for the track and have done so since just after i started. my ad08s and nt01s are square but had ps2 that werent. goal was to dial out some of the cars natural understeer. even square still more under than oversteer. also have to consider what 17s will fit your brakes. apex ec-7 arc-8 are the only ones i know that fit a 355 front bbk. dont think you can go wrong with either tire and they will have a better sidewall than the pss but still hard to keep from getting well over on the shoulder without a decent amount of camber. even at -2.5 i was wearing them too fat over on edge.
My bad, I was meaning 18 inch. I don't think I would go with a 17 on the E9X. Have you seen people running 17 on the E9X? I will look into the NT01 as well. I will be using these for daily driving as well, no swapping for me.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 01:06 PM   #24
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_traitor View Post
My bad, I was meaning 18 inch. I don't think I would go with a 17 on the E9X. Have you seen people running 17 on the E9X? I will look into the NT01 as well. I will be using these for daily driving as well, no swapping for me.
no i havent seen 17s on an e9x. if no swapping then nt01 is out for you. shouldnt be street driven or very limited they wear too quickly for that. whichever you choose report back always interested to hear about tires im considering. actually looking at conti dw's for my wet tire and on the street as heard they provide better wet traction than most other street tires and have higher tread wear rating so my big camber numbers wont hurt them as much. also i dont care what they do in the dry.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #25
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
no i havent seen 17s on an e9x. if no swapping then nt01 is out for you. shouldnt be street driven or very limited they wear too quickly for that. whichever you choose report back always interested to hear about tires im considering. actually looking at conti dw's for my wet tire and on the street as heard they provide better wet traction than most other street tires and have higher tread wear rating so my big camber numbers wont hurt them as much. also i dont care what they do in the dry.
I will make sure to hit you up when I have a set of the NT05's. Won't be for sometime though being that I am in Afghanistan. When I do though they will be tested on the Nurburgring.

Thanks for the heads up on the NT01's and treadwear.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #26
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Quote:
Thanks! My STi had Star Specs on it at one point and those felt amazing compared to the previous tires. I would like to try the Star Specs on my M but I think I will be trying these or the RE-11's. The price for these NT05's is great so I am really leaning towards them. How long did the NT05's last you before having to change them out?
I don't keep close track but my current set has 3 full track days on them and I would guess 75% usable tread left so 12 track days? I don't wear to cords and usually replace when they're getting close to done. I would not DD my M3 on these after several track days though. They get rough with track use.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 03:00 PM   #27
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
I don't keep close track but my current set has 3 full track days on them and I would guess 75% usable tread left so 12 track days? I don't wear to cords and usually replace when they're getting close to done. I would not DD my M3 on these after several track days though. They get rough with track use.
Thanks, I think I will still try them out and if the DD is annoying I will just try something else in the future. I am still trying to find a site that will offer more of a selection in 295. 1010tires.com seems to have them and tirerack.com is not very wide on the selection. Do you have any options to give me for sites?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #28
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Quote:
Do you have any options to give me for sites?
Here's where I buy from about 50% of the time. Looks like the 295s are out of stock. http://www.performancetread.com/nitt...95-35zr18.html

I also use local Discount Tire stores but they have a direct mail option too: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di.../nitto/home.do
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #29
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Here's where I buy from about 50% of the time. Looks like the 295s are out of stock. http://www.performancetread.com/nitt...95-35zr18.html

I also use local Discount Tire stores but they have a direct mail option too: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di.../nitto/home.do
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #30
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

Wow! I see why you go to performance tread. They have a good price!!!
Appreciate 0