BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-11-2008, 11:28 PM   #23
sayemthree
Major General
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X3mC ‘20 Raptor ‘04 X3 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Both cars handle comparably, and are very close in weight. The cf roof on the coupe only alters the weight slightly from that of a sedan with no moonroof. You will not experience any performance advantage between the two cars. This decision comes down to personal styling and cost; the former for which we can't choose for you. The sedan will definitely be cheaper on your pocketbook, especially w/ the current 2.9% financing available.

that and the sedan is almost 1.5 inches taller - that will result in a higher CG.

if you care soooooo much about handling and it fits your other needs (4 seats etc) get teh Coupe.
      09-11-2008, 11:53 PM   #24
par4bmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 370Z & My JK Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
I heard in a lot of tests the e90 actually handled better than the coupe.
I missed those. Care to point a few legit ones out.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2008, 12:46 AM   #25
C17MooseDriver
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

Don't like the taillights of the E90. I think the E92 looks sportier, plus my wife thinks it looks better than the sedan also
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2008, 01:13 AM   #26
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Sedan, personally it looks way more sporty, better stance, sturdy, it's more practical(2 kids here), it's a lot cheaper here in NL(we are like the Scottish), everybody here choses and drives the coupe, so the sedan is a bit more special and q-car.imho.

And afaik the body/chassis structure of the 4 door saloon is a bit more rigid than the coupe(?)
The 25kgs more because of no cf roof you don't feel(marketing, but M is marketing in a lot of ways ROFL, both cars are big/fat b*st*rds anyway)

And I actually don't like the rearlights of the coupe... before I owned a E46 M3, THAT still is a beauty compared to our E90/92's IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaCman328 View Post
someone told me the sedan was actully better on the corners, but its whatever you prefer
In a few comparing movies it is. Maybe because of the more rigid 4 door structure.

But it's all personal.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2008, 01:52 AM   #27
PiNG1434
Ping? Pong!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Interlagos Blue Metalic

I personally went with the sedan because coming from a evo, which i'm really used to and love the fact that i can toss my gear into the rear seat easily and take them out easily, i liked it. (no kids here, just single)

It was more of a convenience for me, but probably color choice (ib) and how it looked when i saw it was another thing that made my decision.
Appreciate 0