BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

11-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Did I cross over into the Super D-bag category???

I'm an M3 driver so I automatically qualify to the rest of the world as D-Bag but do my recent actions make me a Super D-bag?

So I live in a luxury apartment complex with my 3 yr old daughter. Lots of really nice cars in the parking garage etc. Due to the expense of the complex the garage has TONS of empty covered parking. For the past 3 months I have been careful to always pick a corner spot and park as close to the outside of the spot as possible, thus allowing plenty of room between my car and whom ever parks next to me. This has worked out great as it is rare that anyone parks next to me anyway.

Recently (going on 3 weeks now) there are about three different cars that always seem to park next to me and/or take my usual spot if it is available (spaces are not free-for-all here). NOT a probelm at all. Based on how I park there should be plenty of room between theirs and my car, rt? Well yea except these folks seem to pull in crooked all the time and/or park so close to my car that I have to squeeze into the driver's seat. I mean, c'mon... I have had my car for over a year with zero dings thus far. Its only a matter of time b4 I get a ding tho based on this current situation.

So what did I do?? Something I never would have imagined. Since there is a plethora of free spaces, I began taking up two spots. I'm not obviouls about it, parking smack dab in the middle of two spots, but I do cross the line so that there is no way even a Smart car could squeeze in next to me. Am I a Super Douche? I feel guilty everytime I walk away form the car but I just figure this will save me a ding. That and there are several AMG and other nice cars that take 2 spots in my area.....so I am not the first. What do u all think?? Yay or Ghey???
      11-24-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
Vise
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche GT3 RS

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [10.00]
Yes.
Past: 2008 BMW M3 Sedan Melbourne Red / Black Novillo Leather
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 01:39 PM   #3
TheKosherStogie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 DCT AW/Red

HELLS YEAH! (as long as there is enough room for everyone to park)
BW C13 - 1:57:2
ACS - 1:49:6
WSIR - 1:30:6
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 01:48 PM   #4
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

I double park all the time. Not in two spaces, but like you I cross the line a bit. I also park far from others so that at least I don't get people calling me a douch for taking two spots.

Whatever man, it's your ride and you earned it so take two spots and preserve it like you want to. I got a ding a while back that cost me $160 to fix because of the one and only time that I ever parked next to other cars. Now, I'll take the extra few minutes and walk the extra bit to where ever I'm going but at least I don't get any more dings.

Then again, I occasionally get the odd douch that still makes it a point to park their stock Kia next to my far parking spot when there were a million closer parking spots. In the end, it's just a car!
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 01:49 PM   #5
tunawi7cheese
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Power by dead dinosaurs

ghey.....but i'm guilty of it too.

Melborne Red 08' E90 M3 6spd
Hockenheim Silver 20' F87 M2 CS MDCT
White 21' Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 01:51 PM   #6
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Since you mentioned that other cars already do that type of parking, I think it should be ok.

That doesn't mean you're a D-bag. It just means that you're extremely careful and cautious for your hard earned vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 01:56 PM   #7
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

I have the same issues in my condo. Normally, the 4th basement floor was informally reserved for nice cars (i.e., Porsche, Maserati, Mercs, BMW, etc..). Everyone respected each others car and there were never any issues. However, over the last few months, some shitty cars have found the oasis of performance and luxury that is the 4th floor so they have been parking there too.

We even have bikes, who don't pay $75 a month like car owners do, taking up an entire spot. I'm so upset about this!

So yes, a little Douchbaggery on your part but it is truly understandable in order to keep your ride dent free.

-SZ
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 02:14 PM   #8
Leozap
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E90 M3

Should I sell my M since people think that M drivers are d-bags? I think I should so I can get another M... .

I don't blame you. I try to park my car away from other cars too but I got dings and dents very often. It costs me $250 around each time to fix. You just can't help it when you park your car in public areas. I Just got a ding on my rear driver door and it'll cost me $100 to fix grr...
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 02:15 PM   #9
ooowowizstev
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
I do it all the time. Not an obvious douche but just a little bit . But like someone said earlier, there are those who make a point by parking a mile away from our destination.. next to me in a completely open lot.
      11-24-2009, 02:29 PM   #10
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Yea...I'm not too concerned about walking distance from my car, etc.... but I am a little concerned with the dip shit that gets mad/jealous of me taking 2 spots and goes out of the way to key or otherwise damage my car. When I told my non-car enthusiast friend what I was doing she said. "oh hell no! I'd purposely go over and key ur car for taking up 2 spots. You think ur special b/c u have a BMW?"
      11-24-2009, 02:33 PM   #11
Ken37.73
Private 1st Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Jet Black

Dude you crossed over at the word "luxury" IMO ................
      11-24-2009, 02:33 PM   #12
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
Yea...I'm not too concerned about walking distance from my car, etc.... but I am a little concerned with the dip shit that gets mad/jealous of me taking 2 spots and goes out of the way to key or otherwise damage my car. When I told my non-car enthusiast friend what I was doing she said. "oh hell no! I'd purposely go over and key ur car for taking up 2 spots. You think ur special b/c u have a BMW?"
Not for anything, but car enthusiast or not, anyone who would key a car for any reason is a complete low life without any ambition, vision, or drive in life. This is the land of opportunity and anyone can have the car of their dreams! It's called working hard for it!

If that was my friend who said that, I would have seriously given her a just for being stupid enough to say that!
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 02:40 PM   #13
///FCB
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 GTR

i always park on 2 spots...however always only when I see there are free spaces around..and I also try to park as far as possible from everybody else

if theres other cars doing that and some free spaces around anyways, I dont see anything d-baggy about it
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 02:53 PM   #14
HappyNDing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: It drives me

If your complex parking is full then you shouldn't do that but you mentioned it's quite empty so I suppose it's understandable. I will say this, I'd much rather get a door ding or two from the cars next to me than have some crazy person deciding to key up the whole car that's on 2 spaces.

Door dings are almost expected since you live in an apartment complex with a parking garage instead of a private garage as some people couldn't care less about their cars, much less yours.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 03:02 PM   #15
smmmurf
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT 353k+ miles

Leave notes on the windshields of the other drivers requesting them to park more carefully and then park in one space. You don't have to identify who you are or what you drive.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 03:11 PM   #16
Green///Hell
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, F15 X5, 1199S

Super douche but understandable and I approve

In my building everyone has to take their assigned parking, but we have the idiots who sometimes press the gate fob too many times and leave it open so I've had people from the public parking level in my space before
Like are they retarded? there's two pillars and tool chest and stuff there, did they really think it was public, so I've had them towed now thats douche
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 03:12 PM   #17
Green///Hell
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, F15 X5, 1199S

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmmurf View Post
Leave notes on the windshields of the other drivers requesting them to park more carefully and then park in one space. You don't have to identify who you are or what you drive.
Or actually specify who you are and what you drive...but not really

Just say hey please don't park like an ass and take up one spot

-sincerely black SL63

lol
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 03:12 PM   #18
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmmurf View Post
Instant key job if they know it's you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 03:13 PM   #19
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

A LONG time ago, I lived in a shady hood in a complex with assigned parking. This tool kept taking my spot and so I left him a note on his rusty ole van. I attached it to the hood with a 16 penny nail... Hey, I was 17 at the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 03:20 PM   #20
Griz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
I'm not obviouls about it, parking smack dab in the middle of two spots, but I do cross the line so that there is no way even a Smart car could squeeze in next to me.
Don't test them. They'll fail, and your car will fall victim in the process.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 03:23 PM   #21
Robo Squirrel
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

i think u gotta go stuff like that in order to protect ur property...there is nothing wrong with that. some people just dont always respect other peoples things and to most car people taking a few spaces is universally understood when there is an excess of spaces. however many people see a car as an appliance and think ur just being a asshole b/c u have a "fancy" car.
      11-24-2009, 03:54 PM   #22
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

I do it all the time Bo**ocks to them, they aint paying for your Car you are, so many "Don't give sh*t" people out there.
Appreciate 0