BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

BPM

12-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #23
MTROIS
Major
France
Rep
Drives: on the wrong side of the Ocean

I will not even start commenting on some of the really stupid and extreme things that have been posted already in this thread, what matters at this time is to pray for these young souls that have been taken away from us way too early!

No words can express what tragedy took place today in CT.

Paix à leurs âmes!
      12-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #24
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontrelli View Post
Here we go..the anti-gun lobby's turn. Absolute tragedy and each every one of these incidents that happen deeply saden me..but never, will I give up my fire arms..as long as the second amendment exists I will live and die by it.
At least consider stricter gun control. As someone that went through the Virginia Tech shootings, I don't understand why things don't change. Events like today should not be the norm in this country.

Absolutely breaks my heart to hear about those poor kids. What a tragedy.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 09:32 PM   #25
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

So sad,My prayers go out to the families !
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 11:41 PM   #26
HeartMD
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 MW,ZCP E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari6891 View Post
What makes this worse is that they were kids, man!! I can't even imagine a child looking down the barrel of a gun. My stomach is in knots.
+10000

My stomach has been in knots all day long. The horror these little children must have felt is something that breaks my heart. I could give two shits if that SOB would have off'ed his entire family and then himself but to kills those helpless little children. I can not even imagine what these parents must be feeling. I could not help but to think of my kids and could not wait to come home and just hold them.
God bless their little souls and may that piece of shit burn in hell for all eternity.
2011.75 E92 MW/BB extended,ZCP,ZP2,ZCV, IPOD,BMW APPS, Heatedseats,6MT, Edition Black Chrome Grills & Side Gills, CF splitters, CF performance spoiler, CF mirror caps, Turner black anodized pedals, Akropovic Evolution exhaust w/CF tips, Still Undecided on tune, AFE Pro5r, AFE intake scoops, LUX H8
2009 E92 JB/Black 335 xdrive (retired)

Last edited by HeartMD; 12-14-2012 at 11:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 04:35 AM   #27
Masshog1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Civic

Problem with society

We as a society are clearly moving in the wrong direction. These type of events are happening more frequently. I truly believe life for the average person is becoming more and more difficult, and fragmented. There is no fabric of society. It has become a country of individuals out for themselves. Nike says it, Reality shows preach it, corporate america re-inforces it. This is great, when life is good, and the world and economy is doing well. When it is not, then there are so many people on their own, who don't have people to turn to.

Everything I say is not an excuse, but rather a feeling that we are not going in the right direction as a society.

My prayers and thoughts go out to the people who are affected by this tragedy. I have a 5 year old daughter, who is the center of my life, And I can't imagine my daughter even being in the school, let alone hurt or worse.

Incredibly Sad.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 06:58 AM   #28
ole85
Second Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: e92 m3/ Ferrari360

[QUOTE=Pontrelli;13158122]Here we go..the anti-gun lobby's turn. Absolute tragedy and each every one of these incidents that happen deeply saden me..but never, will I give up my fire arms..as long as the second amendment exists I will live and die by it.[/QUOFOFA

If your going to live and die with a gun then your county has to except that theses tragedies will happen again and again as they have been. I understand that some people love guns and it's their passion but surely as a supreme country like the USA they would make it much harder to get your hands on guns their must be a harder screening process to getting your hands on a gun. Compare the shooting from other country like Australia
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #29
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadub View Post
Oh no! I will say a special prayer for her safety. Please keep us posted.
Sad news, guys. With a sorrow heart, its unfortunate to say that she was one of the victims that was taken.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #30
mamadub
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red 2011 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto2315 View Post
Sad news, guys. With a sorrow heart, its unfortunate to say that she was one of the victims that was taken.
Oh no, I was SO afraid of this. So sad and so senseless. Thank you for the update and I will continue to keep her and her loved ones in my prayers. Godspeed.

Black Novillo Extended Leather, Convenience Package, Premium Package 2, DCT, DDC, BMW Apps, Custom Stereo upgrade, Eisenmann Sport Black Series Exhaust, 20"HRE's P45SC's. Color matched Brembo 380/345's, KW Coilovers
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #31
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Quote:
OMG,I'm very sorry man. GOD bless her soul
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 08:44 AM   #32
6spdg37s
Captain
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
I have a college friend and her first cousin is a staff member of that school and is still not accounted for. My thoughts and prayers are with her, her family and everyone else in Newtown, CT.
Quote:
so sorry danny! I'm ligit sick over this whole incident...i cant even comprehend how someone could do this...

from what I am reading (but news and media is inaccurate sometimes and sways stuff to get viewers/readers) that this kid should not have had access to guns, the mother taught him how to shoot nonetheless .

this was the equivalent of leaving loaded guns around a toddler in the aspect that it was something bad waiting to happen.

Responsible adults, without mental problems should be allowed to have guns after background checks and psychological examinations. they should be secured in a safe at all times ... and if you have someone with mental problems that lives with you then you should really reconsider having weapons in your house...
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #33
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW i8

Garage List
Although I did not know her personally, I know my friend and you never want to see a friend lose a family member. Especially in that way. I'll pass on the condolences from this board to her.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #34
mamadub
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red 2011 E93

Quote:
Although I did not know her personally, I know my friend and you never want to see a friend lose a family member. Especially in that way. I'll pass on the condolences from this board to her.
Very true. My daughter's sorority did a fund raiser and today packed up books to send to the school. They are hoping that some new books for their library will excite the children and help them through this time. Thank you for passing along our condolences.

Black Novillo Extended Leather, Convenience Package, Premium Package 2, DCT, DDC, BMW Apps, Custom Stereo upgrade, Eisenmann Sport Black Series Exhaust, 20"HRE's P45SC's. Color matched Brembo 380/345's, KW Coilovers
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 01:09 AM   #35
Stainless 45
Captain
Rep
Drives: Last of the V-8 Interceptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadub View Post
It's just unbelievable to me. These were kids from grade K-4! I don't want to start a
gun debate, but I think it's high time certain teachers or administrators go thru gun training and become armed.
You're my kind of woman Mamadub! We don't need more gun control, what we need is better lunatic control!
Blue Thunder -2011 LeMans Blue e92 DCT, ZCP, European Delivery. BPM Stage II. Dinan 3.45 Rear. Borla/Encore Innovation Exhaust, LUX Angel Eyes, Forgestar F14's, Turner road armor. "Last of the V-8 Interceptors, a real piece of history..."
Appreciate 0