BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-20-2013, 07:35 AM   #89
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT M3 View Post
I'm in line right now. How many iPhone 5s for ATT do you guys think they will have in stock?
Historically, carriers don't get much stock. Apple Stores always get the most. And with the 5s in tight supply( online orders are already sold out), I would expect much of the same if not worse for the carriers.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #90
SilverII
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335IS

Garage List
2011 BMW 335IS  [9.66]
got the 32 5s gray... gold is all gone
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #91
991brothers
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT3 RS

Love the iphone 5s. Coming from and Samsung Droid phone
2022 BMW M5 Competition - 2016 GT3 RS UltraViolet -2018 GT3 Chalk - 2016 GT3 Lava - 2015 GT3 Guards Red - 2018 Audi RS7 - 2016 F80 M3 - 2015 GT3 Black - 2015 GT3 Carrara White - 2016 991.1 GTS - 2012 997.2 GTS Cabriolet - 2011 E92 M3 - 2006 E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 12:13 AM   #92
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

There was still a line at the Apple store Palo Alto at 9:30 PM. Pretty crazy. The gold color was sold out within minutes this morning.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 06:49 AM   #93
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 E92 | 2008 Z4M E86

I got my 64gb space grey 5s yesterday. Waited in a line with more than 100 people in front of me at 4am. Really digging the feel of the leather case. Feels nice in my hands. There was only 10 gold iphones 2 of each carrier I believe and basically sold out to the first few in line. The first guy in line was actually there the day before at 7am lol. South coast plaza.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 06:32 AM   #94
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
There was still a line at the Apple store Palo Alto at 9:30 PM. Pretty crazy. The gold color was sold out within minutes this morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT M3 View Post
I got my 64gb space grey 5s yesterday. Waited in a line with more than 100 people in front of me at 4am. Really digging the feel of the leather case. Feels nice in my hands. There was only 10 gold iphones 2 of each carrier I believe and basically sold out to the first few in line. The first guy in line was actually there the day before at 7am lol. South coast plaza.
Wow that's crazy. Did Apple mention anything about the gold being a limited edition run or something?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #95
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavidM3E92 View Post
Love the iphone 5s. Coming from and Samsung Droid phone
Which Samsung droid did you move from? I am asking since I did the opposite, I left my 4s to go back to an S4.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #96
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
i've had 4, 4s, and now 5. i was convincing myself that the switch from 4 to 4s was worth it. overall it wasn't worth it whereas the jump from 4 to 5 would have been much better. the 5 to the 5s is the same thing, it's a weak attempt at apple and shame on them for trying this trick twice in a row but hey the fan base will love it and they will reel in the big bucks. i will say though that ios7 is enough for me now to enjoy the phone until the 6 comes
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #97
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Apple really hit a home run with iOS7. it is beautifully made with so much detail. Android OS can't really compete in terms of the quality and speed of the OS. The iPhone 5S is by far and away the fastest phone on the planet right now....hell even the 5/5C are faster than the fastest Android phones. Say what you want....but Apple still are at the top of the game.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-i...rtphone-2013-9
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #98
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
i've had 4, 4s, and now 5. i was convincing myself that the switch from 4 to 4s was worth it. overall it wasn't worth it whereas the jump from 4 to 5 would have been much better. the 5 to the 5s is the same thing, it's a weak attempt at apple and shame on them for trying this trick twice in a row but hey the fan base will love it and they will reel in the big bucks. i will say though that ios7 is enough for me now to enjoy the phone until the 6 comes
Is there a thread where you shame BMW for not making a brand new M3 every year? I see you settled for a shitty 2010 M3 when BMW made no changes to it from 09 to 10. Guess that makes you part of their "fan base".

Seriously, when will people realize that companies can't create (what the general public perceives to be) ground breaking advancements every year, year after year? Yet on the other hand, can you imagine making these complaints about a cell phone company in 2003?

Several people are writing and saying this. But non are saying what Apple could have done to make their complaints go away. Because you have no idea how to innovate, not to mention innovate while bring rock solid performance, reliability and quality to the market place.

So, i'll ask again.... What could have been different about this phone so that you would be happy with the UPDATE? (not new model, just an update)
      09-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #99
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

^ i think it's what Samsung has done to cause such a stir. Think about it, no one complained until Samsung started advertising against Apple (literally poking fun at them). Samsung planted a seed in people's mind and they started comparing the features they have against what Apple doesn't. They have done a great job at showing off all those features. I personally was going to get an S4 or HTC One but decided to stick with iPhone because i dont need all the features that i'm never going to use.

I find it funny that people poke fun at Apple for having the plastic iphone 5C when the S4 is all plastic. I think Apple made the 5C in order to go after the other markets but also to show people that "look, we have a plastic phone and you guys think it's cheap, what about Samsung?" I think it's genius.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #100
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Is there a thread where you shame BMW for not making a brand new M3 every year? I see you settled for a shitty 2010 M3 when BMW made no changes to it from 09 to 10. Guess that makes you part of their "fan base".

Seriously, when will people realize that companies can't create (what the general public perceives to be) ground breaking advancements every year, year after year? Yet on the other hand, can you imagine making these complaints about a cell phone company in 2003?

Several people are writing and saying this. But non are saying what Apple could have done to make their complaints go away. Because you have no idea how to innovate, not to mention innovate while bring rock solid performance, reliability and quality to the market place.

So, i'll ask again.... What could have been different about this phone so that you would be happy with the UPDATE? (not new model, just an update)
first of all don't get personal and attack me. this is all just my opinion. you made a bad comparison when comparing my choice to buy a 2010 instead of 2009. I don't blame BMW for not coming out with a new m3 generation every year because that's not what they do. if they took ten years to come out with a new generation and in the meantime they kept making "editions" I would then complain, but not right now because they have always more or less kept on track with the timing of new m3 releases. As far as buying a 2010, please don't judge me or anyone else for that matter before knowing facts. I would have gladly picked up an 09 model, but due to timing, funds, and just the general luck of things a 2010 was very reasonably well within my grasp. the real reason the 10 triumphed the 09 was due to warranty as that was on higher on my valued list. that has nothing to do with being a fan boy for bmw.

having gone from the 4 to the 4s, i can honestly say that i saw improvements, but they were so minimal that IN MY OPINION it wasn't worth the upgrade. Now we have people who have the 5 and they wonder if the 5s is worth upgrading. The "updated" features of the 5s remind me alot of the differences between the 4 and the 4s so that's why I believe it's not worth the upgrade. How much you want to bet the next iphone will be more kick ass and actually sell more than the 5s because it was more of a real progression in the iphone line? I'm not defining what an "update" is because that changes from person to person, but my point is that the next iphone will be tempting enough to a far greater population. Apple has already invested in bigger screens so for a fact we know they are working on some type of bigger iphone. I would hope/assume the bigger screen would accompany upgrades in all aspects of the phone.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #101
1LRM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LRP M3 E92, MR M3 E93

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [8.00]
in and out in 30 min w/ 5S on Friday. no one round here got gold so I am told....gimmick.

so far a big jump from my old 4 lol

hard to resize pics for lockscreen tho
F.T.B.R. Garage, CT
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #102
1LRM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LRP M3 E92, MR M3 E93

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [8.00]
^^^ Just called Apple. Seems it is a glitch in terms of photos from the i4 to i5 re: aspect ratio. They are going to work out the kinks and there will be an update. Yet, they gave me some tricks to make it work. Wish they gave me some $$$bank$$$ for making it known. Dag gone it!
F.T.B.R. Garage, CT
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #103
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
first of all don't get personal and attack me. this is all just my opinion. you made a bad comparison when comparing my choice to buy a 2010 instead of 2009. I don't blame BMW for not coming out with a new m3 generation every year because that's not what they do. if they took ten years to come out with a new generation and in the meantime they kept making "editions" I would then complain, but not right now because they have always more or less kept on track with the timing of new m3 releases. As far as buying a 2010, please don't judge me or anyone else for that matter before knowing facts. I would have gladly picked up an 09 model, but due to timing, funds, and just the general luck of things a 2010 was very reasonably well within my grasp. the real reason the 10 triumphed the 09 was due to warranty as that was on higher on my valued list. that has nothing to do with being a fan boy for bmw.

having gone from the 4 to the 4s, i can honestly say that i saw improvements, but they were so minimal that IN MY OPINION it wasn't worth the upgrade. Now we have people who have the 5 and they wonder if the 5s is worth upgrading. The "updated" features of the 5s remind me alot of the differences between the 4 and the 4s so that's why I believe it's not worth the upgrade. How much you want to bet the next iphone will be more kick ass and actually sell more than the 5s because it was more of a real progression in the iphone line? I'm not defining what an "update" is because that changes from person to person, but my point is that the next iphone will be tempting enough to a far greater population. Apple has already invested in bigger screens so for a fact we know they are working on some type of bigger iphone. I would hope/assume the bigger screen would accompany upgrades in all aspects of the phone.
For those who are not obsessed to have the latest smartphone and are fine with every 2 years, the jump from 4->5 or 4S->5s, etc will be big.

It doesn't make sense to me to upgrade every year. I would rather wait the two years and keep my old iPhone as a backup phone just in case then to sell it before the next iPhone is announced to help to get the most value out of it in order to help pay for the $750 to keep on upgrading every year.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #104
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:

I drive an 09, and i wish it were a 2010 for the reasons you listed. I'm certainly not judging you for driving something i'd rather have.

May not be a good comparison, but my point is that with technology these interim releases are somewhat necessary for continuing innovation. They can't just sit behind closed doors and try to innovate. You can't do that in a vacuum, you need external feed back and no focus group is going to be nearly as good as the world market. The release of the 5s and 5c is integral in the evolution of the iPhone and will most certainly make the iPhone 6 a much better phone. Just as a member posted above, user feed back pushes refinement and innovation.

Apple as a company doesn't play into trends. They know that those giant screens and gimmicky features the android phones have are items their users can live without and don't often use other than to show a friend. Apple does have shareholders to keep happy though. While the yearly releases do also make the shareholders happy; i'd be on the look out for the possibility of an iPhone 6 along with an iPhone 6L with a larger display.
      09-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #105
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 E92 | 2008 Z4M E86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodite10 View Post
Wow that's crazy. Did Apple mention anything about the gold being a limited edition run or something?
Not that I know of but gold was gone right when they started passing out the queue papers.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #106
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Upgrading from a 4 to a 5S and then will update to a 7S when the time comes.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #107
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
For the people saying it isn't a big jump
This phone is NOT aimed at those who have an iphone 5
People who got the 5 should not be eligible for an upgrade anyway
But coming from the 4S, it's a big jump
The biggest jumps are between whole number models
So compare an iphone 4 to an iphone 5, it's a great leap

On another note
What's the big leap from galaxy S3 to a S4?
      09-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #108
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

I'm curious: how many here will buy/bought from other retailers instead of the Apple or carrier stores? Walmart and other stores like targer and fry's charge you tax on how much you pay for the phone (e.g. $199). Apple and at&t stores charge tax on the full retail of the phone. So with walmart you would save $50 on the 16gb, $60 on 32gb and $70 on 64gb. So where do you guys buy your iPhone?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 07:31 AM   #109
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

For those saying the 4s to 5s is a big jump...assuming the 4s has already upgraded to ios7, what is so different?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 07:38 AM   #110
elm3
///M Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3 IB/'17 f85 X5M LBB

Garage List
2017 BMW / X5M  [9.00]
2009 E92 M3  [10.00]
2004 Yamaha R1  [10.00]
I'm getting mine from Bestbuy.
'09 E92 ///M3 Interlagos Blue,6MT,Silver Novillo Leather,CF Trim,Premium Package,Technology Package,Cold Weather Package,Premium Sound,19"Wheels,Moonroof-Toy/'17 X5M, Long Beach Blue, Executive Package,Technology Package, Lighting Package, Driver Assist, Full Mughello Red Interior, 21" wheels-Toy/'14 535i with M Sport and 19" wheels-Daily
Appreciate 0