BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Closed Thread

02-22-2013, 03:39 AM   #89
UBER ///M3
Nüburgring Nordschleife BTG 8:05
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2012 LEMANS BLUE E92 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2
I hesitate to suggest one other possible variable but it needs to be stated. Now that the thread title is out there and this fairly healthy debating has already begun there is some pressure. There is a chance that a vendor could supply some "ringer" code for the competition. I am not accusing anyone, just pointing out it is possible.
Sorry im not up on lingo whats the ringer code? Thanks brother haha
ESS V2 Tune, ACM Test Pipes, AA Green Filter,Custom painted Recaro Pole Positions, Akrapovic slip on, Stoptech ST60/ Pagid pads, KW Clubsports, APEX ARC8s/Pilot Sport Cups, Hamann carbon fiber hood, ONEighty Headlight mod (selfmade), CRT lip with splitters, Blacked out/paint matched emblems, black aluminum extended paddles and pedals
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 04:30 AM   #90
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I hesitate to suggest one other possible variable but it needs to be stated. Now that the thread title is out there and this fairly healthy debating has already begun there is some pressure. There is a chance that a vendor could supply some "ringer" code for the competition. I am not accusing anyone, just pointing out it is possible.
Wow, you are throwing another type of fuel into the fire......here we go. HAHAHA!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 04:39 AM   #91
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Once again I would like to state that this is not a "Competition" in any way. It's just the fact that a friend and I have two seperate tunes with the same mods minus tires. We are just comparing the two head to head for fun. I know there are many out there curious about the two and how they perform. I can guarantee you that when this is all said and done myself and UBER will give a good description of our tunes and what we like about them. We will also drive eachothers car and give opinions on them. This in no way is to claim one better than the other. Nothing more, nothing less.

I know for sure that both companies take this line of work seriously and take a great deal of time into their tunes, there is no doubt in my mind that both tunes are a great product and will come out even. We are the consumer and we are here to promote it and give feedback to others who are interested in tuning their cars. Nothing more, nothing less.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 04:49 AM   #92
UBER ///M3
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_traitor
Once again I would like to state that this is not a "Competition" in any way. It's just the fact that a friend and I have two seperate tunes with the same mods minus tires. We are just comparing the two head to head for fun. I know there are many out there curious about the two and how they perform. I can guarantee you that when this is all said and done myself and UBER will give a good description of our tunes and what we like about them. We will also drive eachothers car and give opinions on them. This in no way is to claim one better than the other. Nothing more, nothing less.

I know for sure that both companies take this line of work seriously and take a great deal of time into their tunes, there is no doubt in my mind that both tunes are a great product and will come out even. We are the consumer and we are here to promote it and give feedback to others who are interested in tuning their cars. Nothing more, nothing less.
+1,000,000 HAHA
ESS V2 Tune, ACM Test Pipes, AA Green Filter,Custom painted Recaro Pole Positions, Akrapovic slip on, Stoptech ST60/ Pagid pads, KW Clubsports, APEX ARC8s/Pilot Sport Cups, Hamann carbon fiber hood, ONEighty Headlight mod (selfmade), CRT lip with splitters, Blacked out/paint matched emblems, black aluminum extended paddles and pedals
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 05:57 AM   #93
luis_m3
Low Pro...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92

I think it is the two of you (STi & UBER) who are not being very receptive to the comments. You started the thread with a problem set and your specific way to resolve it... and added this "Sidenote: Advice and opinions are wanted now so we can better prepare this comparison test."
Well, forum members gave you their input and/or opinion(s), which you should be able to deal with- you asked for these, and you got them.
Anyways, as a fellow member currently in Germany, I will have to say that it sounds like you will be having lots of fun while conducting the experiment. That's always good. Best of luck to you guys!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 06:12 AM   #94
ChrisDUS
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E90

Be careful because the authorities can rate it as a road race and they don't like stuff like that.
Instead of running head to head, my proposal is to run driftbox measurements with one car at a time. That is a) not a race and therefore not illegal and b) more accurate for further comparison.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 06:31 AM   #95
Malarky
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by luis_m3 View Post
I think it is the two of you (STi & UBER) who are not being very receptive to the comments. You started the thread with a problem set and your specific way to resolve it... and added this "Sidenote: Advice and opinions are wanted now so we can better prepare this comparison test."
Well, forum members gave you their input and/or opinion(s), which you should be able to deal with- you asked for these, and you got them.
Anyways, as a fellow member currently in Germany, I will have to say that it sounds like you will be having lots of fun while conducting the experiment. That's always good. Best of luck to you guys!
+1

This thread makes me grumpy.
      02-22-2013, 06:50 AM   #96
UBER ///M3
Germany
Rep

Quote:
yes i totally agree with you brother its just soe of the comments irritate me bc we all understand that no car is identical and we are not pros we are just trying to have a little fun and compare, you know....and are you still over here? i remember you bc i offered to buy you car before i bought this one
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 06:53 AM   #97
UBER ///M3
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDUS View Post
Be careful because the authorities can rate it as a road race and they don't like stuff like that.
Instead of running head to head, my proposal is to run driftbox measurements with one car at a time. That is a) not a race and therefore not illegal and b) more accurate for further comparison.
yeah thats a great option...the thing is i drive to and from work daily for 4 years now (35 miles just autobahn) and no one is even out on quite a few of the stretches so it wont be a problem...i understand what you mean though and thanks...bro we should meet up at The Ring...are you down?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 07:06 AM   #98
ChrisDUS
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBER ///M3 View Post
yeah thats a great option...the thing is i drive to and from work daily for 4 years now (35 miles just autobahn) and no one is even out on quite a few of the stretches so it wont be a problem...i understand what you mean though and thanks...bro we should meet up at The Ring...are you down?
Sure, in the spring . I'd love to hear the test pipe setup as this is something I might be going for...

Like, end March or so.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 07:11 AM   #99
UBER ///M3
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Sure, in the spring . I'd love to hear the test pipe setup as this is something I might be going for...

Like, end March or so.
yeah perfect STI TRAITOR and I will be working until late March so April is when we will heading there...we are trying to get in as much track time as possible before june/july bc we will be gone then...and it will be a good time to hear it bc he will have his modded OEM with test pipes and i have my Akra slip on with test pipes for you to hear
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 07:12 AM   #100
ChrisDUS
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
yeah perfect STI TRAITOR and I will be working until late March so April is when we will heading there...we are trying to get in as much track time as possible before june/july bc we will be gone then...and it will be a good time to hear it bc he will have his modded OEM with test pipes and i have my Akra slip on with test pipes for you to hear
Brilliant .
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #101
luis_m3
Low Pro...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yes i totally agree with you brother its just soe of the comments irritate me bc we all understand that no car is identical and we are not pros we are just trying to have a little fun and compare, you know....and are you still over here? i remember you bc i offered to buy you car before i bought this one
Yeah, I'm still around, but not for much longer I will be heading back to the States in May or so. Right now my M is in hibernation, but I'm already working on her- getting her ready for the spring.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #102
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I am taking all the advice and comments that everyone has given to mind. I have actually thought twice about a few things after a few ideas and comments were mentioned. I was prepared for such an event to occur. I have replied to a majority of the comments with something and in a debatable manner. Would you agree? I just want to continue to ensure that people don't take this so seriously, and state that it is for fun.

I promise you this is an enjoyment to have and a learning experience.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #103
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I have thought of this. We will do this with the upmost safety in mind. I can guarantee you that!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #104
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spent198 View Post
+1

This thread makes me grumpy.
Hahahaha, sorry to hear that. Try not to allow an internet forum to bring your day down.......IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!

Quote:

Like, end March or so.
I am always down for the Ring!

Quote:
Ring trips are a must!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #105
M3takesNYC
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Not sure if you read the thread but they already own the tunes so not sure a random ringer version would be simply coinincidentally owned by one of them lol
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #106
UBER ///M3
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I'm still around, but not for much longer I will be heading back to the States in May or so. Right now my M is in hibernation, but I'm already working on her- getting her ready for the spring.
ok cool bc we dont deploy til after that...awesome then we shall meet up...dont forget streetculture in Nurnberg 19 april! 15,000 guests/visitors are expected..so get that monster ready
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #107
luis_m3
Low Pro...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
ok cool bc we dont deploy til after that...awesome then we shall meet up...dont forget streetculture in Nurnberg 19 april! 15,000 guests/visitors are expected..so get that monster ready
Yeah, I think she will be ready by then... let me know if you guys are planning on going together; I may tag along.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #108
UBER ///M3
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I think she will be ready by then... let me know if you guys are planning on going together; I may tag along.
yeah man I am and the whole ///M Flight crew are 100% and im sure STI TRAITOR will also...15,000 people and its a huge showing with lts of nice cars...come for sure youll enjoy it
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #109
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3takesNYC View Post
Not sure if you read the thread but they already own the tunes so not sure a random ringer version would be simply coinincidentally owned by one of them lol
Good point, it think I missed that small but key point!
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #110
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sti traitor
What if after the stock tunes are proven equal one of the aftermarket tunes pulls harder than the other? What is the explanation for this? I am not saying one will but what if?
Your entire premise seems built upon the assumption of this equality. But what if they aren't equal? Have you thought about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDUS
I made a very similar suggestion. Not only would they get results that others could analyze (the vBox files themselves), but you could also re-animate the race just like this video below.

You see, a buddy already did a vBox test to see how small differences in shift speed affected real world performance. So he took a DCT car into the middle of the desert late at night on a completely empty road. He ran the car 12 times. Six times with DCT in D2 mode, and six times with DCT in D5 mode. The runs were made at exactly the same spot in the road each time, in the exact same direction each time, and only minutes apart.

So I thought about this and asked the guy if he would loan me the vBox files and make a video that would show what happens if the same exact car in DCT-D2 raced himself in DCT-D5. I think the results shocked all of us. Take a look.

So watch the video then ask yourself this question: How much difference will different cars, different weights, different wheels, different mods, and different drivers make? Watch the video and then tell me what you think.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread