BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-29-2014, 09:16 AM   #1
4er_Meister
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 ///M4

Lowering spring advice!

I want to install H&R/Eibach lowering springs on my e92 m3 guys, anyone have either of them that can give me advice on em'? I don't want to sacrifice the cars handling capabilities as I will want to run the car on a track every now and then. I heard these kits increase the front rake of the car causing some oversteer and understeer at times.. any advice gentlemen?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 11:30 AM   #2
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3er_Albtraum View Post
I want to install H&R/Eibach lowering springs on my e92 m3 guys, anyone have either of them that can give me advice on em'? I don't want to sacrifice the cars handling capabilities as I will want to run the car on a track every now and then. I heard these kits increase the front rake of the car causing some oversteer and understeer at times.. any advice gentlemen?
Swift Spec-R springs seem like a better option for you, I have them on my M3 now and have owned Eibach on a previous car and driven many cars with H&R springs. I've also driven lots of different M3s with coilovers and I believe the Spec-Rs with the factory dampers are a great combo for the money.

The Swift springs are linear so they really kill a lot of body roll and give you more linear steering response and a sharper turn in than stock, H&R, or Eibach can because of their progressive spring rates. Swift also does not drop the front as much as the others so you don't end up with a forward rake. I got mine from HPA for like $340 and I think they are an insanely great value. The ride will definitely be a little stiffer than stock, I would say similar to H&R. Eibach generally gives you a very comfy ride.
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2014, 12:06 PM   #3
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
I'm sure that the Swift/R Spec springs are the best !
I'm looking after the Swift springs but need a TUV/Approval for the yearly car inspection here in Belgium !Damn this country !(Just sent Email to EAS )
Here you can see before and after the drop looks just damn perfect !>http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=983628

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 12:41 PM   #4
4er_Meister
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I'll check those thanks!!! This country has shit regulations as well lol
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 12:42 PM   #5
4er_Meister
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium
Quote:
I'm sure that the Swift/R Spec springs are the best !
I'm looking after the Swift springs but need a TUV/Approval for the yearly car inspection here in Belgium !Damn this country !(Just sent Email to EAS )
Here you can see before and after the drop looks just damn perfect !>http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=983628
I was just concerned about the handling as well ya know. I heard bad things about lowering the car
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 12:43 PM   #6
4er_Meister
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster
Quote:
Swift Spec-R springs seem like a better option for you, I have them on my M3 now and have owned Eibach on a previous car and driven many cars with H&R springs. I've also driven lots of different M3s with coilovers and I believe the Spec-Rs with the factory dampers are a great combo for the money.

The Swift springs are linear so they really kill a lot of body roll and give you more linear steering response and a sharper turn in than stock, H&R, or Eibach can because of their progressive spring rates. Swift also does not drop the front as much as the others so you don't end up with a forward rake. I got mine from HPA for like $340 and I think they are an insanely great value. The ride will definitely be a little stiffer than stock, I would say similar to H&R. Eibach generally gives you a very comfy ride.
Ok i am gonna look into that now thanks for the advice.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 12:57 PM   #7
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I was just concerned about the handling as well ya know. I heard bad things about lowering the car
Yes me too,my car has EDC and PSS tires and in fast turns i can feel some body roll,so i had several PM's with members with Swift springs,and they say they are slightly harder than Oem,steering feel is much sharper ,response,handling of steering feel is better,and body roll is almost history !
And the price looks good too,what do we want more ?
When i can get a TUV/Approval my order will be done in the same minute !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 01:19 PM   #8
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

Love my swifts!!
Past: Alpine white e46 323i, Jet Black e39 530, Saph Black e60 530, Space Grey N54 e92 335, Mineral White N55 e92 335
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 02:42 PM   #9
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
Love my swifts!!
Almost like your user name !

Appreciate 0