BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

11-21-2011, 02:00 AM   #89
driersheets
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
That is definitely right to some degree, but I don't think its necessarily on the point of sustainability. It's about budgeting, and California has repeatedly failed on that. Yes, I'd expect cuts to public institutions because of the economy, but not to this extent. I simply think the priorities aren't right and education has always been one of the first things on the chopping block when it comes to cuts.
every state has failed on budgeting. Tuition goes up every where which sucks. i blame the govt not the schools. Pointless to protest the schools since they are the middle man.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 02:03 AM   #90
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
No cars is allowed in that area. No car is even allowed on 70% of the campus. How do I know? I use to go there...
Funny how the longer vid posted is now private, so people can't watch it. Hmmmm, was it contradicting the protesters assertion of what happened?

Anyway, as I said, the police HAD a police cruiser, on the sidewalk. I don't give a fuck IF it wasn't supposed to be there, but it simply was. So what's to argue about?
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 02:04 AM   #91
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by driersheets View Post
exactly. thats what i was trying to say... State cuts funding. School raises tuition because it has to cover cost. Unless the state increases the funding for the school, then tuition will go down.
yeah you are right, it should be expected to some degree, but to pay 20% more? don't know about that. plus, students are still getting less for their money which is more troubling... and this has been happening for quite some time.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 02:07 AM   #92
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
Funny how the longer vid posted is now private, so people can't watch it. Hmmmm, was it contradicting the protesters assertion of what happened?

Anyway, as I said, the police HAD a police cruiser, on the sidewalk. I don't give a fuck IF it wasn't supposed to be there, but it simply was. So what's to argue about?
no idea why we're talking about the cruiser, but i bet it was just there to support the police that were there. not necessarily trying to get past the protestors.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 02:08 AM   #93
scollins
Rep

Quote:
no idea why we're talking about the cruiser, but i bet it was just there to support the police that were there. not necessarily trying to get past the protestors.
Because twinturbo335 is arguing that cars aren't allowed there, but one clearly was. This goes back to my earlier point that there wasn't enough room to DRIVE around the protesters, or even walk around, as claimed near the beginning of the thread. Thus the need for the police to clear a path.....

Fast forward to around 5:35, and you can see the cop car there....
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 02:10 AM   #94
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Obviously the funding from the state was not sustainable, otherwise there would be no need for cuts. This is California's fault, over-committing resources, and now it is time for the margin call. Oops, no money left! You already have high taxes, so what, squeeze the tax payers for more? Sorry, just because historical support was better is no guarantee of future funding.

Tuition has gone up? Well too fucking bad, go to a more affordable school if you can't make it work.

We are facing some similar issues in WA. The legislature HAS to cut spending, but when they do, they get sued because everyone has come to think they are entitled to these new "rights", when really they were over-subsidized benefits. Pisses me off because these groups' ONLY answer is "raise revenues!", in other words raise taxes.

And in this state, it is 100% the fault of Democratic politicians. They've owned both the House and Senate, as well as the Gov's Mansion for decades, most of the time with super-majorities. Sound familiar California?
Somehow you think it is OK for chancellors to make nearly half a million dollar annually while students have to continue to pay fee hikes?

Quote:
As chancellor of UC Davis, Katehi will receive an annual salary of $400,000.
Quote:
UC seeks to be competitive in the employment markets relevant to its faculty and staff hires, and the base salary of $400,000 is still substantially below the 2008 median of $628,000 among chancellors at UC’s comparison group of 14 public and private U.S. campuses with medical schools.
Let's not forget UC Berkeley head coach gets paid nearly 3 million dollars yearly..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 02:14 AM   #95
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Can you cut the profanity? We aren't 10 year old arguing.

The police cruiser isn't even trying to get past to the other side. The police just decided to park their cruiser there so that their lazy ass don't have to walk a extra 20 feet..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 02:14 AM   #96
scollins
Rep

Quote:
Somehow you think it is OK for chancellors to make nearly half a million dollar annually while students have to continue to pay fee hikes?
Shit no, I think all gov is overpaid. Including the profs. But I bet their union won't take a pay cut to save programs....
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 02:17 AM   #97
driersheets
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Shit no, I think all gov is overpaid. Including the profs. But I bet their union won't take a pay cut to save programs....
profs are overpaid? wth...
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 02:18 AM   #98
scollins
Rep

Quote:
Can you cut the profanity? We aren't 10 year old arguing.

The police cruiser isn't even trying to get past to the other side. The police just decided to park their cruiser there so that their lazy ass don't have to walk a extra 20 feet..
Sorry to have offended your tender young eyes.....

And we know the cops are lazy asses how? Oh yeah, you are simply of the mind that the protesters are right, hold no fault or accountability for what happened to them, and all police are corrupt power hungry Neanderthals looking for any chance to beat up on the citizenry.....

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 02:33 AM   #99
scollins
Rep

Quote:
profs are overpaid? wth...
I didn't count them all, but when I got to 8 professors making over $200,000 a year by page 18 of 870 in the state's report for UW, I figured there are some over-paid profs. Especially given how often some of them actually taught a class I was in (some were ZERO, all taught by an aide!)

http://www.ofm.wa.gov/persdetail/2011/360.pdf
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 02:38 AM   #100
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Sorry to have offended your tender young eyes.....

And we know the cops are lazy asses how? Oh yeah, you are simply of the mind that the protesters are right, hold no fault or accountability for what happened to them, and all police are corrupt power hungry Neanderthals looking for any chance to beat up on the citizenry.....

Are you 10 years old? Using words like "fuck" will make your argument that much stronger..

Derail the thread more? I thought we were talking about the police parking their car on the sidewalk and protesters blocking the police cruiser?

Btw, the area is about 30 feet from the pathway. They could of easily just parked their car outside and walked/ran in. But you wouldn't know..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 02:40 AM   #101
driersheets
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I didn't count them all, but when I got to 8 professors making over $200,000 a year by page 18 of 870 in the state's report for UW, I figured there are some over-paid profs. Especially given how often some of them actually taught a class I was in (some were ZERO, all taught by an aide!)

was it a intro course or a 200 below?

i bet the research and them teaching other classes plays a roll too. plus, who wants to get less than 100k when you have a phd?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 02:42 AM   #102
scollins
Rep

Quote:
Are you 10 years old? Using words like "fuck" will make your argument that much stronger..

Derail the thread more? I thought we were talking about the police parking their car on the sidewalk and protesters blocking the police cruiser?

Btw, the area is about 30 feet from the pathway. They could of easily just parked their car outside and walked/ran in. But you wouldn't know..
Here you go, you win. I'm ten year's old and my mommy won't let me swear, so I only do it on the internetz.......

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 02:45 AM   #103
991brothers
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT3 RS

2022 BMW M5 Competition - 2016 GT3 RS UltraViolet -2018 GT3 Chalk - 2016 GT3 Lava - 2015 GT3 Guards Red - 2018 Audi RS7 - 2016 F80 M3 - 2015 GT3 Black - 2015 GT3 Carrara White - 2016 991.1 GTS - 2012 997.2 GTS Cabriolet - 2011 E92 M3 - 2006 E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 02:54 AM   #104
scollins
Rep

Quote:
was it a intro course or a 200 below?

i bet the research and them teaching other classes plays a roll too. plus, who wants to get less than 100k when you have a phd?
Nope, it was a third year mathematics class (vector calculus I think), but I can't recall the specific course number or name, since it was over 19 years ago.

Oops, that contradicts my statement in a prior post that I'm ten years old.....
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 07:38 AM   #105
BMWinNorthdakota
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i e90

Quote:
cruiser on the sidewalk? why is there a need for a cruiser on the sidewalk?

a lot of the negative comments come from people out of state who don't understand how much California prides itself on its public education system and the prestige these universities carry not only in the states but around the world. they see this as another Occupy Wall Street protest, but it's not really. this is pretty much a continuation of protests from the years before as tuition costs increased with decreased services.

yes the kids were warned, no they didn't comply, but there was no reason to escalate the situation. i'm glad the students didn't retaliate. this is civil disobedience... and sometimes people have to be martyrs to get a message across. tbh i don't think anything will change when education is not valued by those in power.
How much cali prides itself on its public edu? What state doesn't???? Also, what state hasn't seen tuition increases? Our little university (15k students) up here in ND saw a tuition increase of 10% this year, like we are all being tard bags sitting on sidewalks mad at the world.

Yes there was a reason to escalate it... they were not listening to the cops. When a cop tells you to do something, you should probably do it.. it's that simple. If listening to cops was an optional thing, there would simply be no way to maintain peace and order.
Education is not valued by those in power...? You're hopeless.

The ignorance is strong in this one guys.
Quote:
exactly my point. if you don't understand the issues at hand, why bother posting? just stamping your user name on the thread with this crap just shows that you know nothing about what these kids are fighting for and probably don't understand why this country is in such bad shape.

So the issue at hand is tuition increases.. as you stated in your prior post. Pretty sure all of us college students can understand tuition hikes.

Quote:
the schools are nonprofit. your statement just shows you know nothing about the issue. like i said before, if you don't know how UC's once were... then you probably wouldn't care to research any of the tuition changes that have occurred over the past decade
Again with the tuition increases? Really.

Quote:
free? nonprofit? nonprofits doesn't equate to a free organization. it means that all the money given to any institution goes back to its programs/facilities/employees etc. For instance, the American Red Cross is a nonprofit organization, but they do have paid staff. The majority of their money goes into their programs such as disaster relief and health and safety.

UC school tuition is subsidized by the state and donations. over the past decade total tuition costs have increased but the subsidies have not as much, which means a large percentage of students must fork over more money.

it's becoming more and more apparent that you don't understand.
State problems here. The only time I hear about the Californian government is when it passes spending bills/bitches about its insolvency. How ironic..

Quote:

Let's not forget UC Berkeley head coach gets paid nearly 3 million dollars yearly..

Quote:
Quote:

Compared to most individuals with PHD's ect, they get paid very little.

From what I read... it sounds like you think everyone is overpaid. Both of you need to drop your enmity against people who make more than you...
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 08:08 AM   #106
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

5 pages of people bullshitting about not being provoked and cruisers driving on the sidewalk... You children need to grow the fuck up. Guess what? Cops can drive wherever the fuck they want. Just the other day I saw a cop taking a "short cut" through the fairway of the 4th hole on the course I was playing.

The cruiser was parked there because there was a mass of people protesting in front of a building.

5 pages!!! No one said the one thing that needs to be said..!?!?

PLAY STUPID GAMES, WIN STUPID PRIZES!

/thread

fuckin hippies...
      11-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #107
BMWinNorthdakota
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
. Just the other day I saw a cop taking a "short cut" through the fairway of the 4th hole on the course I was playing.

Lmfao
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 09:05 AM   #108
ABQ325i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E60 535i + 06 E90 330i

Garage List
2008 535i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:

It makes no difference who was protesting or what they were protesting about, that doesn't put them above the law.

The bottom line is, a large group of people encircled the police and refused to let them pass and do their job.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 09:37 AM   #109
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
5 pages of people bullshitting about not being provoked and cruisers driving on the sidewalk... You children need to grow the fuck up. Guess what? Cops can drive wherever the fuck they want. Just the other day I saw a cop taking a "short cut" through the fairway of the 4th hole on the course I was playing.

The cruiser was parked there because there was a mass of people protesting in front of a building.

5 pages!!! No one said the one thing that needs to be said..!?!?

/thread

fuckin hippies...
The protesters, and the supporters of such idiots love it when the police do something that appears controversial (until you dig into the facts) so that they can play the 'big bad cop' card and rationalize their position. Contrary to how they are trying to portray themselves, they are weaklings.
      11-21-2011, 10:03 AM   #110
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ325i View Post

It makes no difference who was protesting or what they were protesting about, that doesn't put them above the law.

The bottom line is, a large group of people encircled the police and refused to let them pass and do their job.
Absolutely.

Funny how all the ultraliberals have been talking about the media spin put on all these sorts of protests lately, when they are masters of spin themselves.

That being said, SPRAY THOSE LITTLE INGRATES AGAIN.

Don't start no shit, won't be no shit.
Appreciate 0