BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

04-22-2011, 02:13 PM   #155
Patrick303
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC

Garage List
My Xmas presents from my girl! I think she's a keeper!

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 04:06 PM   #156
matt
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: munichs finest

box doesnt help, you need to seal them so they keep their humidity or else you have to spend alot of time to hydrate them slowly so the wrappers doesnt crack.
      04-23-2011, 12:46 AM   #157
Patrick303
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt View Post
box doesnt help, you need to seal them so they keep their humidity or else you have to spend alot of time to hydrate them slowly so the wrappers doesnt crack.
I didn't store them that way. I had just opened my presents. They went straight into a humidor.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2011, 01:37 AM   #158
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: women wild

If you guys aren't on the padron train you need to jump on. 1964, 1926, and 45th anniversary are the business. As well as cohiba bke 52.
      05-01-2011, 06:25 AM   #159
FDM68
Captain
Wake Island
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by headlee103 View Post
How long can some Cuban cigars stay good without a humidor before they dry out? Need to give them away soon but kinda stuck with them for a week or so
I've found when I have to mail some to whever I get a Boveda Humi pouch and send it with.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 02:36 PM   #160
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
Been a long time cigar smoker
but never saw this thread (searched and found it)

I used to smoke Partagas Serie D / Davidoff Grand Cru / Cohiba / Don Thomas / Rocky Patel
now I'm really into Hoyo Epicure n2 since it is summer.. nothing like a light cigar with a beautiful view

I don't believe in storing too many cigars, I prefer smoking them to collecting them
I never have more than 25 cigars at a time.

I ordered these for my new place in Montreal for my cigar lounge corner:

with the little table in the middle:

I take delivery of them in September or so.

and in Beirut I setup an old school looking smoking lounge:

06-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #161
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
Been a long time cigar smoker
but never saw this thread (searched and found it)
we need more people like you around here.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 03:10 PM   #162
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
The only value a cigar has to me is to be de-leafed, pulled apart, gutted out, and reloaded with appropriate smoking content that one may actually inhale. You guys even get a buzz from this? im not knocking you guys at all, im truly interested in this. I would never smoke them, but I want to understand what it does for you gentlemen. please, enlighten me.
      06-23-2011, 04:06 PM   #163
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
The only value a cigar has to me is to be de-leafed, pulled apart, gutted out, and reloaded with appropriate smoking content that one may actually inhale. You guys even get a buzz from this? im not knocking you guys at all, im truly interested in this. I would never smoke them, but I want to understand what it does for you gentlemen. please, enlighten me.
I enjoy the taste and feeling of it.
it is a nice social activity when you smoke with people.
I enjoy expelling the smoke from my mouth.

sometimes I get light headed from it, but I don't look for that buzz

it is the difference between drinking colt 40 and drinking a 20yr old Porto.
or eating McD's fish filet or having a nice swordfish
      06-23-2011, 04:10 PM   #164
matt
Captain
Germany
Rep

too bad the thread died.

purchased some real good sticks over the last year, recently some partagas from 1984.
      06-23-2011, 04:46 PM   #165
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
This about sums it up.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 05:18 PM   #166
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Quote:
I enjoy the taste and feeling of it.
it is a nice social activity when you smoke with people.
I enjoy expelling the smoke from my mouth.

sometimes I get light headed from it, but I don't look for that buzz

I feel you. So the nicotine transfers through your gums and tounge then? I smoke cigars every once in a while with my old man. It never did anything for me except make me feel like my mouth was a 20 year old ash tray that has been sitting down in a pub for its lifetime and never been rinsed once.

Its relaxing and whatnot to play with the smoke, but id rather play with the kind of smoke that i can inhale and helps make a man feel realll good. you know what im talking about

Once again, im a bit of a social outcast when people are partying in the sense that I dont drink or smoke cigars, I build my own. I dont like to parade around the place infecting everyone with the scent of weed, so I sit in a space where the smoke is carried away and im masked by the shadows surrounded by people who are also burning it down. But the drunks always come over and play around in our smoke, they love it.

The only cigars i found enjoyable was a Garcia Y Vega, and Romeo and Juliette. R&J's make a superb blunt, in case any one wanted to know
      06-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #167
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
I feel you. So the nicotine transfers through your gums and tounge then? I smoke cigars every once in a while with my old man. It never did anything for me except make me feel like my mouth was a 20 year old ash tray that has been sitting down in a pub for its lifetime and never been rinsed once.

Its relaxing and whatnot to play with the smoke, but id rather play with the kind of smoke that i can inhale and helps make a man feel realll good. you know what im talking about

Once again, im a bit of a social outcast when people are partying in the sense that I dont drink or smoke cigars, I build my own. I dont like to parade around the place infecting everyone with the scent of weed, so I sit in a space where the smoke is carried away and im masked by the shadows surrounded by people who are also burning it down. But the drunks always come over and play around in our smoke, they love it.

The only cigars i found enjoyable was a Garcia Y Vega, and Romeo and Juliette. R&J's make a superb blunt, in case any one wanted to know
Soo thats what happened to you Just kidding
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 06:24 PM   #168
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
hehe
different strokes for different folks
I also enjoy the smell of it as well.
I hate that ash tray feel.. but that only happens if it is not accompanied by a nice drink I find. I personally hate vodka for example, to me it tastes slightly better than rubbing alcohol, but tons of people swear by it...
my true love is the pipe, but I hate having to relight almost all the time, I can't seem to do it right.. I adore the smell it leaves.

I light a cigar when I'm just sitting in a nice environment and feel like enjoying the scenery.
I put up a picture of my smoking room above.
An awesome port and a cigar in that room to me is super relaxing
my port of choice is the Cruz 1989. Mainly because that is the only one who's name I can remember and that I know I adore. 70$ a bottle, but fuck it, you live once!
      06-23-2011, 10:21 PM   #169
2000gsr
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

Quote:
truss me, if you smoke a good cigar even without inhaling you can catch a good buzz!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 06:39 AM   #170
FDM68
Captain
Wake Island
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt View Post
too bad the thread died.

purchased some real good sticks over the last year, recently some partagas from 1984.
Yeah it's died off but maybe a resurection will happen. Was just back in the States and picked up some Rockey Patels....Vintage 1990's.....nice! First time i smoked them so I brought a few back. Just picked up some Partagas 8-9-8's along with my nomal hoyo epi #1's and my Cohiba sigilo #2's
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 07:23 AM   #171
matt
Captain
Germany
Rep

I can recommend you this Thread on a other forum:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...92781&page=188

Since you stationed in germany....do you guys get non cuban cigars cheaper at the base? I want to buy a box of Tatuaje.

Also, I talked to some guy, also from Rammstein, he told me he gets cuban cigars kinda cheap (half price as in germany) from a u.k. store in the station?
Can you tell me something about that?
      09-04-2011, 03:08 AM   #172
FDM68
Captain
Wake Island
Rep

The selection on base for US cigars, ie the BX, is poor and no different. They do sell an A. Fuente that's good but that's about it. Both the Canadian and Brit store sell cigars, Cuban, that's where I get mine. I predominantly have/smoke Cohiba #2, Montecristo #2, Hoyo Epi #1 & 2, plus I just pick'd up some Partagas 898's. If I want non cuban I'll order online and ship to my APO mailing address. There not cheap but they are less than shopping offbase.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 11:43 PM   #173
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Going to revive this dead thread. I just ordered the following:

- Arturo Feunte Hemingway Short Story.
- CAO Mx2 Robustos.
- Romeo Y Julieta 1875 Churchill's in Tubos.
- Tabak Especial Toro Negra.

Should be here soon so I'll post pics when they come
      06-12-2012, 01:00 AM   #174
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi / B6 S4

I just started to get back into smoking cigars, I used to buy the dominican made Cohibas at my local smoke shop but no longer have the desire to since the prices of them have shot up significantly.

Can someone recommend me a mild cigar that doesn't have the aftertaste of an ashtray? I bought a couple over the weekend and was disappointed with how awful they tasted. I guess what I'm trying to say is I want something with a creamy taste/aroma that isn't too harsh and compliments a nice glass of red wine. There's way too many to choose from and I don't have a clue where to start.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 01:10 AM   #175
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJP View Post
I just started to get back into smoking cigars, I used to buy the dominican made Cohibas at my local smoke shop but no longer have the desire to since the prices of them have shot up significantly.

Can someone recommend me a mild cigar that doesn't have the aftertaste of an ashtray? I bought a couple over the weekend and was disappointed with how awful they tasted. I guess what I'm trying to say is I want something with a creamy taste/aroma that isn't too harsh and compliments a nice glass of red wine. There's way too many to choose from and I don't have a clue where to start.
CAO Mx2 left a rich after taste in my mouth because of the deep maduro leaves, and I I'm sure it might go well with a strong wine as the cigar is quite strong itself.

Now, if you want a mild, sweet-ish taste to it, and ~45-1hr burn time, why not try the Hemingway Short Story? Either that, or get a flavoured one, but those are a bit yuck...
      06-12-2012, 02:16 AM   #176
FDM68
Captain
Wake Island
Rep

Glad to see this back up. It's hard to keep this thread going. I ned to start looking into the sticks you can get in the States. I'll be back in a few months then no more Hoyo Epicures and Cohiba Siglo's...
I know the last few times I was stateside I enjoyed some Rocky Patels and Padrons.