BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #243
///Machine
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 / '11 X5d

Congrats. I could be mistaken, but it seems your hood is not perfectly closed on the left side - a common theme with M3s.
Nice ride, enjoy!
      12-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #244
Cyclone Chris
US Air Force. HUAP.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 SG M3 ZCP / DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Machine View Post
Congrats. I could be mistaken, but it seems your hood is not perfectly closed on the left side - a common theme with M3s.
Nice ride, enjoy!
Really? I noticed mine has a hard time latching on the driver side. Is there a fix?

2005 Pontiac GTO - 6Spd - 445 RWHP/415 RWTQ - SOLD
2013 BMW M3 Coupe - /// Competition Pkg /// Premium Pkg /// Dual Clutch Transmission /// BMW Apps /// Heated Seats ///
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #245
Cyclone Chris
US Air Force. HUAP.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 SG M3 ZCP / DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdg37s View Post

Congrats. She looks pretty. Time to get rid of that chrome stuff.

2005 Pontiac GTO - 6Spd - 445 RWHP/415 RWTQ - SOLD
2013 BMW M3 Coupe - /// Competition Pkg /// Premium Pkg /// Dual Clutch Transmission /// BMW Apps /// Heated Seats ///
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #246
S65NAPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I think the drop on the competition package looks pretty good as-is. Some spacers all around to even it out would be pretty awesome already.
      12-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #247
///Machine
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 / '11 X5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Chris
Quote:
Nice ride, enjoy!
Really? I noticed mine has a hard time latching on the driver side. Is there a fix?
I am not sure if there is a permanent fix. What I did is I slammed it really hard and it latched ok, I think the aluminum hood's light weight is part of the reason there. With heavy hoods, you just let go and they latch.
I noticed if you go on Autotrader or cars.com, ~10% of the cars have the hood partially unlatched.
I haven't researched it yet, but maybe we need a thread on it.
      12-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #248
sc1989
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 coupe white, DCT, ZPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by S65NAPWR View Post
tell me you also got AW! (for the m3 flashmob it be crazy if we all had AW the coordination alone would be superb! )

"Six", congrats brother! you have endured the wait! how many miles so faR!!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #249
etrillion
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Quote:
I am not sure if there is a permanent fix. What I did is I slammed it really hard and it latched ok, I think the aluminum hood's light weight is part of the reason there. With heavy hoods, you just let go and they latch.
I noticed if you go on Autotrader or cars.com, ~10% of the cars have the hood partially unlatched.
I haven't researched it yet, but maybe we need a thread on it.
Interesting.. good to know.. thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #250
6spdg37s
Captain
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Nice ride, enjoy!
yup fixed it after i snapped the pics ...

u need to push down on that side more when latching the hood... unsure why but i noticed my sisters 328i does the same shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Chris View Post
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Chris View Post
Congrats. She looks pretty. Time to get rid of that chrome stuff.
Yup .. I have the AW side grills in my garage,, sister ordered the matte black front grills for me for xmas..

i have the winter tires/rims which im not putting on yet cause its 60 in nj for some odd reason..

I was gonna get the CF spoiler but i actually dont mind the white lip spoiler

tints, led interior light kit , dtec AE's for xmas, 8k hid upgrade bulbs (have from my z06)

gonna get coding done... thats really it ..

car is awesome .. 104 miles so far. i only got to drive it home from the dealer and around town for a little before having to do family stuff in brooklyn

getting used to the gear box... i also havent driven stick in a few months since i sold my z06 so getting into the habit again ...

I will get better pics tomorrow hopefully

Im sad its all dirty already cause it was raining... may give it a bath.. we shall c
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #251
sc1989
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yup fixed it after i snapped the pics ...

u need to push down on that side more when latching the hood... unsure why but i noticed my sisters 328i does the same shit

+1

Yup .. I have the AW side grills in my garage,, sister ordered the matte black front grills for me for xmas..

i have the winter tires/rims which im not putting on yet cause its 60 in nj for some odd reason..

I was gonna get the CF spoiler but i actually dont mind the white lip spoiler

tints, led interior light kit , dtec AE's for xmas, 8k hid upgrade bulbs (have from my z06)

gonna get coding done... thats really it ..

car is awesome .. 104 miles so far. i only got to drive it home from the dealer and around town for a little before having to do family stuff in brooklyn

getting used to the gear box... i also havent driven stick in a few months since i sold my z06 so getting into the habit again ...

I will get better pics tomorrow hopefully

Im sad its all dirty already cause it was raining... may give it a bath.. we shall c
yea man, tell me about it, haven't driven since earlier prior to rain, and before that wed LOL long time for me, but in any case I found a reallly good hand-wash place in BK my cousin referred me to, went there myself and they did a spectacular job, its also right next to the shop I plan to get some work done at for the m3...which i found to be quite convenient in any case let me know, you may prefer washing yourself etc, but for me as living in the city thats not possible :/ well in any case let me know
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #252
6spdg37s
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc1989 View Post
yea man, tell me about it, haven't driven since earlier prior to rain, and before that wed LOL long time for me, but in any case I found a reallly good hand-wash place in BK my cousin referred me to, went there myself and they did a spectacular job, its also right next to the shop I plan to get some work done at for the m3...which i found to be quite convenient in any case let me know, you may prefer washing yourself etc, but for me as living in the city thats not possible :/ well in any case let me know
lol is it on mcdonald ave?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #253
S65NAPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Trust me on this brotha, do not let a "hand wash" car wash clean your car. Unless they are using brand new MF towels every time, that "hand wash" has been cleaning other cars and there's always a little grime that's carried over to the next car they wash that causes swirl, scratches, etc. IMHO, bad idea.

You're much better off doing a self-wash and touchless car wash during this season to try and keep her looking clean.
      12-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #254
sc1989
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Trust me on this brotha, do not let a "hand wash" car wash clean your car. Unless they are using brand new MF towels every time, that "hand wash" has been cleaning other cars and there's always a little grime that's carried over to the next car they wash that causes swirl, scratches, etc. IMHO, bad idea.

You're much better off doing a self-wash and touchless car wash during this season to try and keep her looking clean.
i'm pretty sure they use new towels each time at least that's what i saw, when I went i was the only the only person, but bro that is a very valid point, but from what I have heard/seen these guys do a lot of super cars ranging from the bentley to the ferrari but that doesn't mean they are perfect...but from what I saw they used new towel/clothe etc...i got to admit i enjoyed watching the attention to detail and how literally every part of the car got cleaned but ya bro valid point
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 11:19 PM   #255
sc1989
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
lol is it on mcdonald ave?
HAHAH yes it is -__-, damn your good!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 11:33 PM   #256
S65NAPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i'm pretty sure they use new towels each time at least that's what i saw, when I went i was the only the only person, but bro that is a very valid point, but from what I have heard/seen these guys do a lot of super cars ranging from the bentley to the ferrari but that doesn't mean they are perfect...but from what I saw they used new towel/clothe etc...i got to admit i enjoyed watching the attention to detail and how literally every part of the car got cleaned but ya bro valid point
I hear ya on convenience etc. just hard to believe it would be consistent and there's zero grime transfer. It only takes one pebble of dirt to scratch it. I've seen the best of these hand washes and always catch them at one point reusing towels between at least two cars or sharing buckets of water amongst cars. The Ferrari and Bentley guys couldn't be bothered maybe to self-wash.

Since then I've done two bucket self washes on all my cars or did a touchless wash if I was in a hurry.

Anyhow, just a suggestion really, and maybe a swirl here or there isn't the biggest deal anyways.
      12-09-2012, 05:28 AM   #257
6spdg37s
Captain
Rep

Quote:
HAHAH yes it is -__-, damn your good!
auto bath on bay 19th is mad good too.... hand wash .. guy that owns it takes pride in his career... he has 1 in staten island too...always washing exotics and stuff !
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #258
S65NAPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
tell me you also got AW! (for the m3 flashmob it be crazy if we all had AW the coordination alone would be superb! )

"Six", congrats brother! you have endured the wait! how many miles so faR!!
Just saw this, ha, I didn't get AW. I'll be the red headed step child with the only black car in the bunch.

you getting a clear bra for your ride?
      12-09-2012, 07:07 AM   #259
S65NAPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
auto bath on bay 19th is mad good too.... hand wash .. guy that owns it takes pride in his career... he has 1 in staten island too...always washing exotics and stuff !
you getting a clear bra for the front end?
      12-09-2012, 07:31 AM   #260
6spdg37s
Captain
Rep

Quote:
you getting a clear bra for the front end?
negative. Im not a fan of them... they get discolored over time and the paint stops matching ... (first hand experience of a friend's 350z)
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2012, 07:43 AM   #261
S65NAPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
negative. Im not a fan of them... they get discolored over time and the paint stops matching ... (first hand experience of a friend's 350z)
Main reason I want to is for track purposes. I'm sure it will discolor after a couple years, you're right. I guess I could just simply tape up the car every time I went, but what a pain.
      12-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #262
sc1989
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I hear ya on convenience etc. just hard to believe it would be consistent and there's zero grime transfer. It only takes one pebble of dirt to scratch it. I've seen the best of these hand washes and always catch them at one point reusing towels between at least two cars or sharing buckets of water amongst cars. The Ferrari and Bentley guys couldn't be bothered maybe to self-wash.

Since then I've done two bucket self washes on all my cars or did a touchless wash if I was in a hurry.

Anyhow, just a suggestion really, and maybe a swirl here or there isn't the biggest deal anyways.
no no, i agree with you 100% I will keep a vigilant eye out, and at the very worst, if I must go back, ensure that they at least not re-use the towel ill request shit i will bring my own if need be....but ya I concur, those bents/ferraris dont give a shite, their car is still in production, ours, we're a vintage year! the last of the v8s!

and yea that would be pretty awesome its good to have diversity!

also after reading six's post on a clear bra, I may opt out for a clear bra, maybe get a matte finish? idk
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #263
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW i8

Garage List
Bro, what a looooooooooong road! I remember the first day I met you and finally you took delivery. Congrats!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #264
6spdg37s
Captain
Rep

Quote:
no no, i agree with you 100% I will keep a vigilant eye out, and at the very worst, if I must go back, ensure that they at least not re-use the towel ill request shit i will bring my own if need be....but ya I concur, those bents/ferraris dont give a shite, their car is still in production, ours, we're a vintage year! the last of the v8s!

and yea that would be pretty awesome its good to have diversity!

also after reading six's post on a clear bra, I may opt out for a clear bra, maybe get a matte finish? idk
I mean it will last for years and im sure be fine but I am not a fan of them cause of what ive seen

personally id rather have it resprayed in the future if necessary..

like how i look at those bumper bullies... id rather get a new bumper every 6 months than have that ugly ass shit hangin off my car ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto2315 View Post
Bro, what a looooooooooong road! I remember the first day I met you and finally you took delivery. Congrats!!!
yup i know bro so happy ! thanks for the help man !
Appreciate 0