BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

03-27-2008, 03:20 PM   #1673
DCLeopard91
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M3 - Mystic Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Where is eBay????
EXACTLY!!!

Whatever happened to enforcing that "legally binding contract to buy" that eBay touts so strongly??

Their credibility is dropping fast.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 03:38 PM   #1674
Revin9k
Private
Rep
Drives: Honda s2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelSTS View Post
Sorry to some of the "Fark" posters- just had to put these new pics of Fil up here! I am giving you guys the credit here.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #1675
wrxgoose
Rep
Drives: '07 cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
Well, there are a lot of unrealistic and nasty people out there these days. People just do not care about each other and it is sad that America has changed so much since I've been a kid at age 7... and that was only 30 years ago.
i have to agree with you on that. when i worked there before I was in the military, people were polite, and if they were wrong, they admitted it. now....ug.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 04:05 PM   #1676
AYF82M4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MG F80 M3 ZCP

Garage List
Ebay has been largely absent throughout most of this ordeal, at least from my perspective. I sent several complaints via their dispute form, only to be rebuffed by messages that appeared to be automated, with no chance to reply.

The problem with their dispute resolution, from my perspective as a buyer, is that they require some sort of proof that the seller is refusing to sell. Good luck with that. Anyone who buys/sells on ebay knows that people with no intention of completing a transaction dont respond. And if they do, I dont think they would admit to refusing.

So I tried explaining this thru their dispute form again, explaining the urgency of the situation but again I was rebuffed by more one-sided automatic messages. Ebay should at least have a "reply" button so you could explain your situation. I contact ebay thru their 1800 number to explain to a live operator, and was promptly routed back to the same dispute form.

I finally was able to get a hold of a Ebay dispute resolution person a few days later, but you could imagine my disappointment in that it took a Husker person to kindly give me a name/number. Not one person from ebay gave me an email, or followed up with me!
2008 E90 M3 Jerez Black (Retired)
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 04:21 PM   #1677
Old Cdn E36
Rep
Drives: 1995 E36 318i

Talking Just an idea...

Another new guy (in Canada, you made the news up here!) who's been reading every page since Saturday. All 80+ so far...

Dooma350 has really tapped into a sore point with many of us: car dealers and their tactics. Small wonder this issue has captured the imagination of so many around the world. Sure hope this ultimately gets resolved to the satisfaction of the good guys!

My only contribution to the discussion would be regarding the truly epic failure of Fil to grasp the power of the internet. So he deserves an "A" in internet FAIL.
Happily, removing the "A" from "FAIL" = "FIL"
So from now on, for me, "FAIL" is going to be spelled "FaIL" in his honor!

To FaIL, in his finest hour!

Of course this just begs for a Photoshop moment, but that`s not my skill...
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 04:23 PM   #1678
Rossland
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: US 06 330xi

Quote:
Yeah, eBay is a total joke and I've gone through that painful process before. They know the unsatisfied customer is going to give up. And again, situation not recorded which gives them a low fraud rate.

The only time you do hear from a "real" eBay person is when you owe them money!!!

The FTC needs to investigate eBay - they are a clown company and worse than Halliburton.

I think the 700,000 plus people who have read or know about your story should immediately boycott eBay.

I boycotted eBay months ago.
And I think BMWNA dropped the ball too. I can't understand why they tolerate this crap. The BMW dealer that I bought my car from was a class act all the way.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 04:27 PM   #1679
highwaystardoritos
Photographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: Honda S2000

jesus, let it go guys, he won in the end thats it... move on...
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 04:31 PM   #1680
DCLeopard91
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooma350 View Post
Ebay has been largely absent throughout most of this ordeal, at least from my perspective. I sent several complaints via their dispute form, only to be rebuffed by messages that appeared to be automated, with no chance to reply.

The problem with their dispute resolution, from my perspective as a buyer, is that they require some sort of proof that the seller is refusing to sell. Good luck with that. Anyone who buys/sells on ebay knows that people with no intention of completing a transaction dont respond. And if they do, I dont think they would admit to refusing.

So I tried explaining this thru their dispute form again, explaining the urgency of the situation but again I was rebuffed by more one-sided automatic messages. Ebay should at least have a "reply" button so you could explain your situation. I contact ebay thru their 1800 number to explain to a live operator, and was promptly routed back to the same dispute form.

I finally was able to get a hold of a Ebay dispute resolution person a few days later, but you could imagine my disappointment in that it took a Husker person to kindly give me a name/number. Not one person from ebay gave me an email, or followed up with me!
Absolutely unacceptable behavior by a company that touts themselves as being a trusted buying/selling resource online. I bet if they got a letter from the FTC they would start taking this information a bit more seriously...I know it happens to EVERYONE who uses eBay.

Basically it comes down to cost for them to hire all the people who would be responsible for enforcement, Customer Service, monitoring accounts, etc, etc. Too F'ing bad for you, eBay, it's cost of doing business. Ken, I would write a letter to your congressperson and the FTC about your experiences since they are not unique. Something has to be done eventually about this. They sure as hell have enough money for those ridiculous commercials...maybe they can learn to back up what the commercials say.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 04:34 PM   #1681
DCLeopard91
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdorifto View Post
jesus, let it go guys, he won in the end thats it... move on...
the money hasn't even gone to the dealership and the car is not delivered...so no, it's not over yet. We'll wait and get final results. Plus there is the larger issue of the principle of what is going on here and how we can help other consumers and prevent other dealerships from doing this...hence the greater good. It's the "let it go" and "move on" attitude that allows this shiet to continue to happen over and over and over and over again because no one actually DOES anything about it. Egocentricity FTL.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 04:38 PM   #1682
UsedCarSalesmanwCombOver
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Supercharged Ford Granada

Quote:
Yeah, eBay is a total joke and I've gone through that painful process before. They know the unsatisfied customer is going to give up. And again, situation not recorded which gives them a low fraud rate.

The only time you do hear from a "real" eBay person is when you owe them money!!!

The FTC needs to investigate eBay - they are a clown company and worse than Halliburton.

I think the 700,000 plus people who have read or know about your story should immediately boycott eBay.

Ebay is worse than Halliburton? You've had much interaction with Halliburton there, Lazzie, to warrant such a tirade?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 04:40 PM   #1683
jchan2
Rep
Drives: 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5S

I'm surprised that eBay and BMW NA haven't responded; this thing has spread on the internet like wildfire. (actually, that's how I caught wind of it.. I heard about it on other blogs)

BMW NA needs to cancel this dealership's franchise agreement- BMW customers are typically busy professionals who don't have time to put up with this crap. Actually, even if they were a Kia dealer, their franchise should be revoked. No human being should have to put up with this level of crap and go through this kind of an ordeal to secure a car they bought.

eBay should cancel Husker's account; this is unacceptable for someone buying/selling on eBay. If I were the buyer, and backed out of this kind of a deal, saying "it was a mistake", I'm sure eBay and BMW of Lincoln would have sued me already, and my eBay account would be gone.

Dooma deserves not only his M3 at $60,000, but an all expenses paid Euro. Delivery trip for 7 days, paid for by BMW NA, to pick up an M3 with everything he wants at the $60,000 price. Who knows what BMW of Lincoln has done to that specific M3 he's purchased?

I've had some positive experiences buying cars over the years (none of them BMWs, however) and this is worse than my worst encounter with a Honda dealer.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 04:42 PM   #1684
cmitch
Consumer Advocate
Rep
Drives: Mercedes ML's

I've been following this for several days. I really don't think this dealer understands or cares about the real damage that has been done to them. Hang in there, dooma350!!

As for ebay, it's buyer beware. You just have to be precautionary when dealing on this site. I always pay for items with a credit card and had to go back through VISA to retrieve $900 from a seller that didn't provide the item as described.

I've bought one vehicle on ebay. It was a smooth transaction. That said, I know there are good number of crooks who have taken ebayers for a ride. I try to deal only with known vendors and stay away from shysters. But, there was no way to tell these idiots were going to screw dooma over. I hope you break it off in them.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 05:22 PM   #1685
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 F39

If laughter is the best medicine, then this thread needs to be bottled and sent to the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda MD...
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 05:25 PM   #1686
drkbrent
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M3

Quote:

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS IN THIS THREAD THUS FAR! EBAY SUCKS!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 05:27 PM   #1687
wrxgoose
Rep
Drives: '07 cooper

i don't bother with eBay, but my mother does. if i want something that badly, i go to amazon. managed to get a CD that was in awesome condition, for $2.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 05:35 PM   #1688
AML
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
I've been following this for several days. I really don't think this dealer understands or cares about the real damage that has been done to them. Hang in there, dooma350!!

As for ebay, it's buyer beware. You just have to be precautionary when dealing on this site. I always pay for items with a credit card and had to go back through VISA to retrieve $900 from a seller that didn't provide the item as described.

I've bought one vehicle on ebay. It was a smooth transaction. That said, I know there are good number of crooks who have taken ebayers for a ride. I try to deal only with known vendors and stay away from shysters. But, there was no way to tell these idiots were going to screw dooma over. I hope you break it off in them.
Herro!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 05:40 PM   #1689
eillim
Registered
Rep
Drives: 02 G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooma350 View Post
Good idea....maybe we could have some epic comments under the car or something. I want to throw some more ideas around. Keep them coming!
I support ya... But that goes without saying... Anyways, onto the real reason why I'm posting...
I wanna be first to submit the first potential draft for an awesome poster and of course, said sexy pose can also be on the car... which would be awesome hahaha
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 05:44 PM   #1690
88M3SanDiego
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1988 M3

I have been following this since last Friday or Saturday.

Husker you should be ashamed of the World Wide Economic Impact this has caused. I have spent the last 3 hours trying to get caught up! Just imagine all the people around the world who have been reading and posting durring work hours. College grades are suffering. The mortage industry is in ruins. Oil is well over $100 a barrel and Hilary is having to duck sniper fire. Thanks a lot Husker!

Dooma I hope you get your car, the only problem is it won't be perfect. The only way to have that is remove 4 cyclinders. Then we would be looking at a real M3,an e30 M3!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 05:45 PM   #1691
stylinred
Registered
Rep
Drives: red toyota :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36_m3 View Post
so I emailed Jay Leno's show we'll see if they mention this or get back to Ken or me. Hopefully they will since we know how big a car enthusiast he is. Next up putting it on their community forum so they can see we're serious about it!! Good Luck Dooma!!
that's a great idea actually.. wonder if it'd get through

and congrats dooma looks like you won't have much longer to wait
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 05:46 PM   #1692
PeteM6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP

wow just spent 5 hours at work reading all 83 pages! Stick it to em dooma! Hope you get your car.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 05:46 PM   #1693
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
LOL is that the sales guy?
      03-27-2008, 06:17 PM   #1694
MoreA4
Rep
Drives: 2008 RS4 Ibis White

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88M3SanDiego View Post
I have been following this since last Friday or Saturday.

Husker you should be ashamed of the World Wide Economic Impact this has caused. I have spent the last 3 hours trying to get caught up! Just imagine all the people around the world who have been reading and posting durring work hours. College grades are suffering. The mortage industry is in ruins. Oil is well over $100 a barrel and Hilary is having to duck sniper fire. Thanks a lot Husker!

Dooma I hope you get your car, the only problem is it won't be perfect. The only way to have that is remove 4 cyclinders. Then we would be looking at a real M3,an e30 M3!
Okay, some quick math:

1838 posts at 10 min each to write @ avg wage $20/hr (students to high bux exec) = $3060.00

714,810 views at 10 min each per view @ avg wage $20/hr (students to high bux exec) = $2,382,700.00

This Thread = Priceless

Last edited by MoreA4; 03-27-2008 at 06:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread