BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-30-2011, 03:00 AM   #23
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

I don't have it and I find the std setup to be really good...but there are the occasional times when I wish I could switch the suspension into a proper comfort mode.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 03:43 AM   #24
emthreeboy
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & E46 M3

Electric DAisy carnival?....jk

-06 E46 JET BLACK/// m3 6MT!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 08:17 AM   #25
Nelrock
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
I agree that it doesn't make that much of a difference.

I challenge some of you guys to randomly press the edc button a few times without looking, then just drive normally and try to guess the mode. I thought I could feel the difference in certain modes, but after this test, I guess not.
I think a lot depends on your roads. Around here...I most definitely can tell you which one it is in. Comfort feels "bouncy" to me. While sport is very very firm. If it's not bouncing or I can't feel every bump on my a$$...then I must be in normal

I personally run it in Normal most of the time. But I do like having the option to change it if I want to.

2011 E92 M3 | Melbourne Red | Black Novillo w/Carbon Leather Trim | M-DCT | Competition Package | Premium Package 2 | Convenience Package | Enhanced Premium Sound | Heated Front Seats
2004 E46 M3 | Silver Grey | - Retired
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 08:22 AM   #26
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
Interesting, The very first M3 I ever drove had EDC and I could tell the difference, mind you I was on reasonable condition roads.

I might have gone for EDC, IF it had a softer feel, compared to a non EDC car.
you'll feel the EDC difference on bumpy roads more. I always thought Comfort was not really that soft, and Sport was not stiff enough...so it didn't meet my expectations.

That said, I think if you plan on reselling soon, EDC may allow your car to hold a little bit higher value, but I don't think it's that significant. Personally, I would skip the EDC and save the money.

My car has EDC, I had no choice but to get it, but after driving on it for about 1 year, I don't think it's worth the price.

I have mine set of Normal all the time, when I go to the track, I think I might keep it there too for the adaptive adjustments vs Sport.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 08:23 AM   #27
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelrock View Post
I think a lot depends on your roads. Around here...I most definitely can tell you which one it is in. Comfort feels "bouncy" to me. While sport is very very firm. If it's not bouncing or I can't feel every bump on my a$$...then I must be in normal

I personally run it in Normal most of the time. But I do like having the option to change it if I want to.
yeah I agree comfort feels bouncy, to a point where my g/f gets carsick on the highway...it's not like sitting in a Caddy.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 12:20 PM   #28
Skippy989
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 Coupe 6MT E92

I can tell the difference between all the EDC settings. I use the middle setting mostly as its a good middle ground, but when on smooth surfaces in the twisties the highest setting goes on. There is virtually no body roll on this setting and the whole car feels much firmer at each corner. I think EDC is a required option as is M-Drive.

Ive read that the suspension will auto adjust if it needs to also. If you go too hard into a corner on comfort mode the suspension will firm up to compensate. Im not sure if this is the case on non M Drive equipped cars though.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 12:28 PM   #29
half man half amazin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 430 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3keash View Post
When I switch off MDrive with sport setting to normal with comfort setting on the highway the change in feel is noticeable. It's like the car exhales and is in relax mode and the feel of the road gets softer. When I go the other direction to pass cars the car wakes up and the road gets rougher. I use MDrive when I'm taking tight turns at high speeds too. For me, it's part of the driving experience.
^^^^^this!!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 08:25 PM   #30
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
you'll feel the EDC difference on bumpy roads more. I always thought Comfort was not really that soft, and Sport was not stiff enough...so it didn't meet my expectations.

That said, I think if you plan on reselling soon, EDC may allow your car to hold a little bit higher value, but I don't think it's that significant. Personally, I would skip the EDC and save the money.

My car has EDC, I had no choice but to get it, but after driving on it for about 1 year, I don't think it's worth the price.

I have mine set of Normal all the time, when I go to the track, I think I might keep it there too for the adaptive adjustments vs Sport.
Pretty much what I'm saying