BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

03-30-2013, 09:49 PM   #23
jaehshim
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

ah man, that sucks...
i drive on 4 and 17 all the time, i should be careful out there
but it can't be worse than Palisade Interstate Parkway...disgusting especially after snow plow...
i went through some serious pot holes, maybe i should check my all 4 tires tomorrow morning
      03-30-2013, 10:13 PM   #24
NikB316
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition, F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqsmooth View Post
That's exactly what I'm talking about. You gotta plan to change lanes. How the heck are you suppose to do that with morning traffic and exit coming at you. It's hard to see these craters, sometimes they are camouflaged with the lane markers. Our M3s have no chance. It's like trying to dodge landmines. Nik, you have after market wheels and I'm sure those things cost a ton. I don't believe the tire ins covers that, right? I'd be pissed if I ever bent or cracked those. Glad they are standing up to the test. Have any pics?
Yeah man sometimes even going slow you just can't avoid them. This may be a sign of progress to come but some of these craters I used to have to avoid merging on 287 from Rt 10W have been filled. There was construction on that lane and I literally had to drive a inches away from the big signs just to avoid them. It's really a safety issue. When I had my 20s forget about it. I couldn't be too mad though as they weren't the norm for wheels. I get pissed if there's a bump bad enough to shake up the 18s with thick rubber as I know it's not just because of my car.

The BMW tire insurance doesn't cover it however you can get road hazard insurance from most retailers when buying sets of tires for oem or aftermarket wheels. I always had coverage from tire rack and they were awesome with taking care of things. Would always promptly be reimbursed and they were the only ones who would cover the very low profile tires. It was probably around 10% the cost of the tire for the policy and they would reimburse me 100% if something happened the first year, 50% second year and so forth. I bought these on the forum so no coverage but they have held up to everything . Sorry no real good pics yet been slacking on a photoshoot but hopefully soon with the nice weather.

2014 M5 Competition Alpine/Sakhir
BMS Tune. Undercover Performance Custom Downpipes & Connector. H&R 10mm Spacers. BMW CF Rear Spoiler. IND Cosmetics. ALP & BEL Radar & Laser.
2011 Space Grey E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 10:31 PM   #25
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

can u claim the town for the damage?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #26
jqsmooth
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316 View Post
Yeah man sometimes even going slow you just can't avoid them. This may be a sign of progress to come but some of these craters I used to have to avoid merging on 287 from Rt 10W have been filled. There was construction on that lane and I literally had to drive a inches away from the big signs just to avoid them. It's really a safety issue. When I had my 20s forget about it. I couldn't be too mad though as they weren't the norm for wheels. I get pissed if there's a bump bad enough to shake up the 18s with thick rubber as I know it's not just because of my car.

The BMW tire insurance doesn't cover it however you can get road hazard insurance from most retailers when buying sets of tires for oem or aftermarket wheels. I always had coverage from tire rack and they were awesome with taking care of things. Would always promptly be reimbursed and they were the only ones who would cover the very low profile tires. It was probably around 10% the cost of the tire for the policy and they would reimburse me 100% if something happened the first year, 50% second year and so forth. I bought these on the forum so no coverage but they have held up to everything . Sorry no real good pics yet been slacking on a photoshoot but hopefully soon with the nice weather.
It's good to hear they are filling them. A little late for me though. It was rather painless. A couple of hours at the dealer. I thought I'd have to leave the car at the dealer over the weekend.

Tire rack sounds like they have good coverage. Like me, I'm sure there are other's that don't know about this. Yeah, the weather is only going to get better from here on out. So, whenever you get a chance, post some pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZeroX5 View Post
can u claim the town for the damage?
I've read it depends on the town/state. I'm not too familiar with NJ laws. Also, I have the tire and wheel coverage. For the folks that don't have coverage, I'm sure this is useful information to know.
2011 E92 l SSII l Fox Red - 145k and Totaled. 2012 Toyota Prius C - 145k and Totaled. 2002 Nissan Pathfinder - 301.6K and Junked. 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport - Rolled & Totaled. 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood - RIP.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #27
Sal@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E93 M3, E36 M3

SIGH

gotta love our roads...
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #28
nmehta211
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3

as much as i would love 19s, this is EXACTLY why I stick with 18s on Apex wheels. The FDR looks like a warzone near the UN Tunnel.

08 E90 M3 Interlagos Blue
99 E36 M3 Cosmos, #2--Sold
99 E36 M3 Cosmos, #1--Sold
Appreciate 0