BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

12-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #23
Dzenko
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsv4dan View Post
My recommendations for best value(engine) mod's would be -
TMS test pipes
MS pulley's
MS Stage 2 intake
BPM Sport stage 2 tune.
that will get you close to 400whp.
some sort of axle back(mostly sound)

Some of my other picks -
Black grilles front and side
15mm front 12mm rear spacers
Swift Sport springs(remove alignment pins and get a good alignment - bigggggg difference in handling)
LUX v4 angel eyes
ZHP shift knob(if manual)
Alloy Pedals(think i went BMWPedals)
iND keyhole delete
Revinora R-CRT Street lip

OPTICOAT!

I've done quite a few tasteful mods to mine - can't remember them all off the top of my head however. I'll have more to come too
Your car sounds like a beast. Need to do some browsing around to see if you posted pictures anywhere.

I also want to see a before and after spacer install picture. A lot of fanatics have been raving about them. I need to understand the cosmetic difference and the value you get performance wise as I could be keen...
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #24
Dzenko
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajvosa View Post
yes meet up sounds good
Given the festive season ahead of us, in early Jan I will create a thread to gather interest and preference for a meet. One that will try to suit majority of us.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 01:52 AM   #25
///Msports180
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzenko View Post
I also want to see a before and after spacer install picture. A lot of fanatics have been raving about them. I need to understand the cosmetic difference and the value you get performance wise as I could be keen...
Increasing the track width on a car is one of the best mods you can do, the turn in change is unbelievable. On my Skyline you actually find sometimes you take lock off as you have over turned its that sharp and precise. I went 30mm wider front and rear with wheel offset.

You will not regret it, its looks 100% better IMO to. I will be doing this to. I just can't seem to let go of my Skyline yet to start the M3 search, something about keeping up with bikes thats addictive.
      12-18-2013, 02:00 AM   #26
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msports180 View Post
Increasing the track width on a car is one of the best mods you can do, the turn in change is unbelievable. On my Skyline you actually find sometimes you take lock off as you have over turned its that sharp and precise. I went 30mm wider front and rear with wheel offset.

You will not regret it, its looks 100% better IMO to. I will be doing this to. I just can't seem to let go of my Skyline yet to start the M3 search, something about keeping up with bikes thats addictive.
If you use spacers in Australia your comprehensive insurance will be void, spacers are illegal and it's an out for an insurer. Better to get rims with the right offset for the same effect and 100% legal. I have BBS CH-R (customed) offset is ET25 Rear, ET20 front and they fill the guards to within millimetres
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 02:03 AM   #27
///Msports180
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
If you use spacers in Australia your comprehensive insurance will be void, spacers are illegal and it's an out for an insurer. Better to get rims with the right offset for the same effect and 100% legal. I have BBS CH-R (customed) offset is ET25 Rear, ET20 front and they fill the guards to within millimetres
If deemed the reason for the claim yes they can use it as an out. I have used the right offset on my Skyline for this reason, but on the M3 I plan to run spacers until i get the right rims (im not "supposed" to be modding this one according the SWMBO)

A lot of people just put the spacers on for track days.
      12-18-2013, 02:13 AM   #28
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
[QUOTE=Msports180;15140448]If deemed the reason for the claim yes they can use it as an out.

Some insurers like NRMA have a policy that your car must be capable of being registered for our insurance to be accepted. Spacers make your car not able to be registered (they are specifically listed as illegal) so they don't need any other excuse to cancel your policy. I've gone into this at length to make sure of cover when insuring the car after being supercharged.
The only upside is SWMBO will notice wheels but not spacers
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 04:13 AM   #29
///Msports180
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Yep fair enough. I know im with RAC with my 4wd which is heavily modded for hardcore 4wding and remote touring and they don't mind any mods as long as their not the cause. Was with HBF and they canceled the policy when I put a diesel chip in lol.

But totally agree you don't want to give them anything! Especially such a large investment as the M3.

I'm covered with Shannons in my a Skyline and their pretty good for modded cars.

Sorry for the thread hijack OP.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 05:33 AM   #30
Dzenko
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msports180 View Post
Yep fair enough. I know im with RAC with my 4wd which is heavily modded for hardcore 4wding and remote touring and they don't mind any mods as long as their not the cause. Was with HBF and they canceled the policy when I put a diesel chip in lol.

But totally agree you don't want to give them anything! Especially such a large investment as the M3.

I'm covered with Shannons in my a Skyline and their pretty good for modded cars.

Sorry for the thread hijack OP.
Lol I don't mind the hijack, it's just that since earlier today I been looking at spacers. Now that I convinced myself that I want them I find out they are illegal and void insurance.
I gotta pass on a comment to say that I tripped across pics where the car looks excellent with a wider offset. Particularly is the pic is taken from rear at a low angle. Why am I still a sucker for low riding, wide looking carssss?
Someone comment please?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #31
///Msports180
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Lol I don't mind the hijack, it's just that since earlier today I been looking at spacers. Now that I convinced myself that I want them I find out they are illegal and void insurance.
I gotta pass on a comment to say that I tripped across pics where the car looks excellent with a wider offset. Particularly is the pic is taken from rear at a low angle. Why am I still a sucker for low riding, wide looking carssss?
Someone comment please?
Because every car looks better lower and wider, well except maybe 4wd's.
      12-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #32
rsv4dan
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT Sparkling Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
What width have you gone with those offset? 9.5 et20 + 10.5 et25? Yours definitely look good. I will be getting some ch-r's one day...
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 11:17 PM   #33
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsv4dan View Post
What width have you gone with those offset? 9.5 et20 + 10.5 et25? Yours definitely look good. I will be getting some ch-r's one day...
Yep, spot on with the offests, that's the BBS CHR- Black. Mine are customed to remove all logos and keep the OE look. max-power in WA has the same setup on his magnificent Fire Orange. I just put new tyres on yesterday, wanted to to put 305 rear but couldn't get them in time, but went 295 x 30 rear and 255 x 35 front (Conti SP contact 5P... couldn't get M PSS til next year) and they are the perfect fitment with about 8mm to spare on the rear. Max-power is a local in WA and his car is a real example of how to do it right.
Attached a couple of pics of the stance with the BBS wheels which show how they fill out the guards quite well

Here is an excerpt from our mod rules in case there are any doubts at all..
The fitting of spacers or adaptors between wheels and
hubs, additional to those provided by the vehicle
manufacturer, is not permitted. The tyre and rim must
not foul wheel arches or suspension components under
any conditions. Steering limit stops must not be adjusted
to reduce the turning circle in order to allow the fitting
of the alternative rims and tyres.
The tyres must have a tread depth of at least 1.5mm on
every part of the tyre that touches the road and not have
any apparent defect that is likely to make the vehicle to
which they are fitted unsafe. It is not permitted to fit
tyres that have been treated by recutting or regrooving
unless the tyre has been marked by the original
manufacturer as ‘suitable for recutting or regrooving’.

The worst thing that I could imagine is for one of us to have a bingle and get fobbed off by an insurer which is why I'm playing devils advocate here

I'll be in Perth WA Feb to do some work with an M3 owner, it would be great to catch up with some of you from out West
Attached Images

Last edited by DaveDee; 12-19-2013 at 11:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #34
Dzenko
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

What a car, Dave! I like that you have removed logos of the wheels. Just because you can afford it doesn't mean you should flaunt it. Real enthusiasts which opinion should matter will pick out the make of the wheels anyways.
Looks genuine and authentic! Plus one from me.
Think I'm leaning more towards new wheels rather than spacers.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 09:00 PM   #35
Dzenko
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Take a guess what the good guys from ECS tunning sent me compliments from BMW GROUP...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 10:23 PM   #36
///Msports180
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Christmas has come early!
      06-14-2014, 10:43 PM   #37
Rajvosa
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Show off!! Hehe well done bro!

So black chrome grills and side trims?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 01:29 AM   #38
Dzenko
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajvosa View Post
Show off!! Hehe well done bro!

So black chrome grills and side trims?
Plus whats in the brown cardboard boxes!
But good guess bro we family
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 03:17 AM   #39
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Plus whats in the brown cardboard boxes!
CF splitters ... what do I get for guessing correctly?
      06-15-2014, 03:50 AM   #40
DAL344
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C Pure

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 09:51 PM   #41
Dzenko
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
CF splitters ... what do I get for guessing correctly?
This man not only does he know his parts but he also knows brown cardoboard boxes too.

Your gift will be a coffee my good sir. Whenever we decide to have this WA meet.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 01:57 AM   #42
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
This man not only does he know his parts but he also knows brown cardoboard boxes too.

Your gift will be a coffee my good sir. Whenever we decide to have this WA meet.
Shall we catch up for coffee this weekend in Mt Lawley?
      06-16-2014, 04:21 AM   #43
Dzenko
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

The weekend that had just passed I had the black chrome performance bmw front and side grilles installed. I also got the front carbon splitters done too.
Next on the wish list is a performance bmw carbon boot spoiler and perhaps performance bmw carbon mirror covers too. This would let me complete the Performance BMW carbon part collection.

I have been eyeing this second hand catback supersprint sport exhaust muffler for some time now...Pictures attached.
It was supposedly on a m3 for a month before the current owner decided to take it off. I looked at countless videos to make sure that the exhaust isn't too loud and I am still not convinced that I am getting the right item. I guess time will tell. I worry about cabin noise for when the missus tags along. My m3 is a daily car that goes to Perth City every morning for work.

I was hoping to get a mechanic friend of mine to do the install for me in malaga. Maybe we meet get takeaway coffee and witness the work take place if you are keen on meeting this week?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 06:45 AM   #44
Rajvosa
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Can't believe that supersprint exhaust hasn't sold yet!! Pick it up dude!!
Appreciate 0